SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-27-12, 04:06 AM   #1906
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788
Uploads: 0

Looks still very good!
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-12, 04:33 AM   #1907
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongel View Post
Hi Trevally! I'll send soon the corrected Soviet Union merchant flag, so you can put it in the next version. And I can check the barrage balloon texture also if you wish, I guess they should be white/whitish or something like that?
Hi Rongel,

a few days ago I've checked Trevally's barrage balloons, and they need their UV mapping to be redone: as it is set now, only plain color textures are possible.

Besides this, some edges of the 3d model need to be hardened or bevelled, in order to increase their detail level. This is a job I can do in 10 minutes. The hard part is the UV mapping indeed.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-12, 04:54 AM   #1908
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Hi Rongel,

a few days ago I've checked Trevally's barrage balloons, and they need their UV mapping to be redone: as it is set now, only plain color textures are possible.

Besides this, some edges of the 3d model need to be hardened or bevelled, in order to increase their detail level. This is a job I can do in 10 minutes. The hard part is the UV mapping indeed.
Oh, okay, I have no experience in 3d modelling, I just thought it was a basic thing to put the texture there. Maybe you can do the whole UV-mapping thingy too?
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-12, 05:36 AM   #1909
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Oh, okay, I have no experience in 3d modelling, I just thought it was a basic thing to put the texture there. Maybe you can do the whole UV-mapping thingy too?
I've tried redoing the texture mapping with wings 3d, but that program is not very good as it comes to texturing models. I can give it a second chance anyway, maybe with blender.

Nonetheless, like you I am more a photoshopper than a 3d modelling expert. I think BIGREG is the one with the best skills for remapping those balloons.
Old 08-27-12, 05:44 AM   #1910
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155

Hi

Send me via PM the .Obj with the texture and tonight I will take a look for redo it

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-12, 07:08 AM   #1911
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREG View Post
Hi

Send me via PM the .Obj with the texture and tonight I will take a look for redo it
I got the native files (in blender and obj formats) from Trevally. With his permission, I can give you the link.

It would be perfect if you could give them a left/right symmetrical mapping, for both, balloon and fins

Do you want me to do the bevelling/hardening job that I mentioned in my previous post (see pictures below for an example) before you redo the UV mapping, or you can do it by yourself?

before:

after:
Old 08-27-12, 12:30 PM   #1912
Dax
Swabbie

Downloads: 105
Default Question about OH II

Hello to everyone

first of all i want to say thanks to every man who is contributing to make this game a masterpiece.

I have a question :
I tryed last sober's mega mod, but i noticed the merchant traffic was totally absent. I encountered some burning PT boat and some freezed destroyers. The port were empty. So i tryed to install OH II full at the end of the sober's megamod (ver 22-08-2012) and the merchant traffic respawned, but i had CTD and sinking ships at port....where do I mistake? where, when and how exactly do i have to install OH II full instead of the base and the enviro version?

TY
Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-12, 01:08 PM   #1913
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax View Post
Hello to everyone

first of all i want to say thanks to every man who is contributing to make this game a masterpiece.

I have a question :
I tryed last sober's mega mod, but i noticed the merchant traffic was totally absent. I encountered some burning PT boat and some freezed destroyers. The port were empty. So i tryed to install OH II full at the end of the sober's megamod (ver 22-08-2012) and the merchant traffic respawned, but i had CTD and sinking ships at port....where do I mistake? where, when and how exactly do i have to install OH II full instead of the base and the enviro version?

TY

this reminds of something I intended to post actually.

I found a semi-correlation between missing traffic and upgrading sensors at the start of your campaign (there is a 360 degree upgrade available right away when you start new campaign, even if you haven't finished the tutorial).

Not sure how connected it is, but every time I have upgraded the sensor - my traffic was screwed up...
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-12, 02:00 PM   #1914
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalleblom View Post

So here are two sreens:
first before save/load game time 14:14:

By kalleblom at 2012-08-27
I´m innocent, that wasn´t me

and second after game time 14:15

By kalleblom at 2012-08-27
not sure why there was no BBs in the first pic - could it be that the weather was bad and you could not see them

The burning boats - this must have been a collision at some point from when the units were drawn on the map (you at 30km away). Them when you load a save - all the AI damage is reset

Quote:
Hi Trevally! I'll send soon the corrected Soviet Union merchant flag, so you can put it in the next version. And I can check the barrage balloon texture also if you wish, I guess they should be white/whitish or something like that?
Thanks Rongel - I will add this to my patch list

Quote:
Hi

Quote:
I got the native files (in blender and obj formats) from Trevally. With his permission, I can give you the link.

It would be perfect if you could give them a left/right symmetrical mapping, for both, balloon and fins

Do you want me to do the bevelling/hardening job that I mentioned in my previous post (see pictures below for an example) before you redo the UV mapping, or you can do it by yourself?

before:

after:
Yes please guys, any improvement would be great
Please don't look too close at the model - it was my first attemt
Old 08-27-12, 02:13 PM   #1915
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Hello to everyone

I have a question :

TY
ctd at port - this could be a mem issue or the game is looking for something that it can not find (this happens when changing you mod list)

Changing from OHII base to full should be followed by a career restart as all campaign items (eniron in this case im sure) need to be written into the campaign files that are made at the start of a campaign and are saved in your doc lifes.

You can use silentotto to fast forward to any campaign if you do not want to do them again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targor Avelany View Post
this reminds of something I intended to post actually.

I found a semi-correlation between missing traffic and upgrading sensors at the start of your campaign (there is a 360 degree upgrade available right away when you start new campaign, even if you haven't finished the tutorial).

Not sure how connected it is, but every time I have upgraded the sensor - my traffic was screwed up...
Re:taffic issues

The traffic file for full and base are the same - so it cant be this

I suspect it is when you start a campaign - all harbour spawn points are triggered on the first day. This will result in a lot of traffic until they reach their destination (seversl days).
Now the traffic will not spawn again intil the cooldown has run through - this can be anything from 5 to 20 days.
So this could result in a bare patch (day 5 to 10?) until the spawn rates can pass enough time to balance out (a few weeks).
Old 08-27-12, 02:36 PM   #1916
Kalleblom
Lieutenant

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
not sure why there was no BBs in the first pic - could it be that the weather was bad and you could not see them
Moin Trevally,
definitely not! Before this screen i sail from the 8th October to the 12th around, across, just everywhere in Scapa Flow and there wasn't any contacts! No merchant or destroyer! I'm no kidding, 4 days without Save/load, without any ships. Just those funny torp boats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
The burning boats - this must have been a collision at some point from when the units were drawn on the map (you at 30km away). Them when you load a save - all the AI damage is reset
I'd tried it two times to get into Scapa, without Save/load the same funny burning boats alone!

The first time save load, i do in the middle of the tub, save status no damage, then load i start with 4 wounded officers, 17 % shell and three destroyers had me on the lens!

As i say, the memory thing sounds logic. Have the sober list, by 4gb RAM. Everything is fine, but it could be that in this point memory is running out of space

Must look for turnip and upgrade my memory
Kalleblom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-12, 02:50 PM   #1917
Kalleblom
Lieutenant

Downloads: 74

Quote:
. I encountered some burning PT boat and some freez. The port were empty.

TY
which Port

Scapa? Then save load after you reached the subnets area!

The freezed destroyers, in this case above, maybe stock ships!

Sorry for my inappropriate joke, but to my problem it would fit.

Last edited by Kalleblom; 08-27-12 at 03:13 PM.
Kalleblom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-12, 03:57 PM   #1918
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155

Quote:

Better after bevelling

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-12, 04:25 PM   #1919
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Better after bevelling
Okay I'll send you the edited files as soon as possible.

@ Trevally,

wich one of the files you sent me is the latest version?

Is it okay for you if I separate fins from the main model, as suggested a while ago by Privateer, in order to optimize memory usage? We should be able to assemble the again once inported in the dat file.
Old 08-27-12, 06:42 PM   #1920
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Default New crew storyline

Hey trevally, if you want, I could try to edit the crew storyline.
They definitely won't say what the subtitles say, but its better than nothing.
It has something to do with editing the scripts/AI/crew files in the respective campaign folders.
If you could then sentence mix crew dialogue, smooth it over, and assign it as the related sound file in the scripts/AI/crew files, that would work.
What I am proposing is to simply change the subtitles as a stop-gap measure.
So, what do you say?

Last edited by Cybermat47; 08-27-12 at 07:58 PM.
Cybermat47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awesome, campaign, graf zeppelin, harbour, new bases, new ships, ohii