SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-30-10, 04:53 PM   #1396
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Also making the options file a repository for all the persistent settings used and adding accessor methods (get/set) for all the user options so that I can implement a page in the game's options page that will allow the user to change settings on the fly.
Now this sounds more like how game configuration options should be done. It would really reduce user confusion and increase usability. Will these setting remain persist after exiting game and restarting?
I wish UbiSoft had done something like this for things like Periscope Depth, Snorkel Depth, Crash Dive Depth, Dive Depth, Decks Awhash etc. that can be changed during game play.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-10, 04:55 PM   #1397
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

v2.1.0 is probably going to have some bugs in it, it's just inevitable with the amount of changes I've made to the code. Just report the bugs as always and I'll fix them.

In every version up to 2.1.0 when a file needed to access the options file it imported it. There were many files that needed access to the options file so there were many copies of all these variables floating around (every file had it's own copies of the variables). This was very inefficient on memory and didn't provide for global variables. So I shifted everything over to accessor methods (get/set) and now when a file needs to access an option in the options file (or set an option in the options file) it calls the associated accessor method. This provides for persistent settings for all the variables. Every file gets the same 'state' of the variable in the options file when they ask for it. This was needed for the notepads on the attack, obs, and uzo. This also saves on memory as now only one set of options file variables are being used.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-10, 04:57 PM   #1398
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Now this sounds more like how game configuration options should be done. It would really reduce user confusion and increase usability. Will these setting remain persist after exiting game and restarting?
I wish UbiSoft had done something like this for things like Periscope Depth, Snorkel Depth, Crash Dive Depth, Dive Depth, Decks Awhash etc. that can be changed during game play.
Eventually I will make the settings persistant across saved games by saving the options back to the options file in their current state. That will be a couple of versions away though. I need to ensure all the bugs are worked out before going down that road.
Old 04-30-10, 04:59 PM   #1399
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199
Uploads: 0

Quote:
I'm trying for 2.1 but it might get pushed to 2.2 due to all the changes I've made to 2.1. It (2.1) is more like a total rewrite of the code and thus needs to be fully tested (and hopefully the errors will be of a small number)
The releases you've made so far in increments seems to have worked well for keeping the bugs to a minimum and tracking down quickly. No need to rush it because of us (kids in a candy store) waiting around.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-10, 02:05 AM   #1400
Nauticalwolf
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 89

Quote:
got some new ideas for v2.1.0:

- when mouse over an officer have the tooltip also show his current morale / max morale
- someone with photoshop skills take the officer bar and make some images of it with each officer wounded and dead (so when the officer becomes wounded I can change his picture to denote this). The game gives me this info (wounded or dead) and I coded it in many revisions ago in the files.
G'day TDW,

Sorry I've been out and about for a spell and haven't had a chance to do any testing of your great amazing mod . Just got back in and seen your already working on 2.1 - WOW.

I like your idea above and was wondering if something along these lines might help: DL:http://www.filefront.com/16323413/Wo...and%20Cross.7z

The wounded officers are set up like the normal OfficerA.dds and the Kriegsmarine Grave Marker is set up as both a stand alone .dds, sized to fit and a set up just like the OfficerA.dds.

If you need these set up any other way please let me know. I can make up a row of grave markers and officers etc just like the OfficerA.dds

We're here to protect Democracy - not practice it!

Last edited by Nauticalwolf; 05-01-10 at 02:37 AM.
Nauticalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-10, 02:40 AM   #1401
Athlonic
Chief

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 2

LOL at this one :

And why not something like this :

Great work by the way !

Athlonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-10, 02:40 AM   #1402
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Nice work Nauticalwolf. Those are really good images.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-10, 02:47 AM   #1403
Nauticalwolf
Electrician's Mate

Soundman works better when not distracted by sight

Old 05-01-10, 03:13 AM   #1404
Sonarman
The Old Man

Downloads: 79

@ Nauticalwolf the images look great, although the cross might be a bit bright for night vision?

Maybe it would be nice if we could do the same for the sub ie. the longer we stay on patrol more rust stains appear on the UI and if the subs takes a lot of damage the guages get cracked, stained etc?
Old 05-01-10, 03:26 AM   #1405
Nauticalwolf
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonarman View Post
@ Nauticalwolf the images look great, although the cross might be a bit bright for night vision?

Maybe it would be nice if we could do the same for the sub ie. the longer we stay on patrol more rust stains appear on the UI and if the subs takes a lot of damage the guages get cracked, stained etc?
Darker grave markers - DL:http://www.filefront.com/16323697/OfficerKIA.dds

Old 05-01-10, 04:02 AM   #1406
Sonarman
The Old Man

Downloads: 79

superb! thanks
Old 05-01-10, 12:04 PM   #1407
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauticalwolf View Post
G'day TDW,

Sorry I've been out and about for a spell and haven't had a chance to do any testing of your great amazing mod . Just got back in and seen your already working on 2.1 - WOW.

I like your idea above and was wondering if something along these lines might help: DL:http://www.filefront.com/16323413/Wo...and%20Cross.7z

The wounded officers are set up like the normal OfficerA.dds and the Kriegsmarine Grave Marker is set up as both a stand alone .dds, sized to fit and a set up just like the OfficerA.dds.

If you need these set up any other way please let me know. I can make up a row of grave markers and officers etc just like the OfficerA.dds

those are AWESOME You guys rock
Old 05-01-10, 12:18 PM   #1408
LeBabouin
Mate

Downloads: 12

They are great images but make me laugh instead of dramatizing the situation, especially as the hide/show officer bar feature doesn't exist yet.
Old 05-01-10, 02:08 PM   #1409
Lopo
Lieutenant

Downloads: 477
Default @TDW

Hello,

Would be possible to do the same in SH5 in your mod as RaptOr and ViperU48 have done for SH3 with their mod in http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=163250?

Many thanks

Last edited by Lopo; 05-01-10 at 03:36 PM.
Lopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-10, 06:16 PM   #1410
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v2.1.0 is shaping up real nice

here's the changelog so far (still more to be done):

v2.1.0 - fixed bug of togglable icon for XO TDC dialog box not working correctly
- fixed bug of when user resizes the messagebox using the mouse the messagebox had tendency to 'creep' when user had the option of TC set to 1 on new nav map contact.
- added button to messagebox above the toggle button that allows the user to specify the current height as the new minimum height of the messagebox
- fixed sonar notepad not showing any data on contact
- flipped the 2 draggable compasses around as they were backwards
- battlestations now turns to selected (Gold) when battlestations is active
- the determination for when sub is underwater is now controlled by the warning icon denoting sub is underwater
- timer value used for follow target changed from 0.05 to 0.025 seconds
- timer value used for updating officers, officer category bars, and officer order bars changed from 0.2 to 0.1 seconds
- error handling code added to follow target
- when an order category or order bar order is clicked it will blink twice so that user knows the command is being executed
- added user option to be able to change the number of messages stored in the messagebox. Stock game is 20. After x messages are added to the messagebox and a new one is added, the oldest is removed from the list (NumberMessagesToKeepInMessageBox)
- when submerged you will not receive radio reports (if they start out with 'Radio Report Received' then they will be squelched)
- enabled the notepads for the UZO, attack, and obs scopes. You will be able to access stadimeter and AOB from this notepad (Speed is disabled due to errors with it. Trying to implement my own version of it)
- changed the code for the XO TDC dialog dynamically repositioning itself to take into account the notepad being shown. If the XO TDC is draggable then it's dynamic repositioning is disabled.
- rewrote most of the code to go from a polling event driven style to an event driven style
- made the DarkWraithUserOptions.py file the repository for all values. Accessor methods added to retrieve/set variables data
- when submerged you will not receive radio messages (if they start out with 'Radio Message Received' then they will be squelched)
- added user option that will set TC to 1 on a Radio Report received or a Radio Message received (TC1OnRadioReportMessageReceived)
- added togglable icon to TC group in top right bar to control TC1OnRadioReportMessageReceived

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 05-01-10 at 07:11 PM.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui