SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-05-11, 12:04 PM   #1276
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Hmmmmm...I do not think I tried that. I will give it a go! Thanks!
Old 04-06-11, 03:54 PM   #1277
bigduke666
Watch

Downloads: 2
Default newbie help

Hi All

I have just installed the game and have been told this mod is the one i need to have installed to make the game as it should be. I am not a pc expert but would like some help on installing the mod.
DW says to Open folder 'MODS'. Copy folder 'Magnum_Opus_vx_x_x' to your \Silent Hunter 5\MODS folder
where is my silent hunter 5 mods folder?
Enable via JSGME. - whats this?
and patch 2 how do you install it? - Patch 2 is to be installed IN PORT only? do i have to play the game for a bit, get to a port, dock. save the game. close game down. install patch 2 then load up, save then close down and then restart? - very confusing
bigduke666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 04:01 PM   #1278
pascal4541
Officer

Downloads: 434

Hi
Look this video-tutorial by stoianm
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...9&postcount=27

Rampage Formula X48+E8600@4600Mhz H24+Corsair H50+4X2Go GSkill Trident PC9600+Sapphire HD6870@ 960/4600Mhz+WD Raptor 74Go+WD CaviarBlack 500Gox2+Samsung F1 500Go+CoolerMaster M850W+7-64Bits
pascal4541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 04:03 PM   #1279
Jaguar
Officer

Downloads: 27

Quote:
DW says to Open folder 'MODS'. Copy folder 'Magnum_Opus_vx_x_x' to your \Silent Hunter 5\MODS folder
You must creaate the MOD folder.

Quote:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=171237&page=3

Quote:
and patch 2 how do you install it? - Patch 2 is to be installed IN PORT only? do i have to play the game for a bit, get to a port, dock. save the game. close game down. install patch 2 then load up, save then close down and then restart? - very confusing
Don´t have to, you can install it while in bunker for the first time. Only if you´re on patrol you should go back to bunker.
Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 04:06 PM   #1280
Jaguar
Officer

Downloads: 27

Of course, as Pascal pointed out, stoianm´s tutorials sums up everything, they are the visual Subpedia.
Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 04:10 PM   #1281
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigduke666 View Post
Hi All

I have just installed the game and have been told this mod is the one i need to have installed to make the game as it should be. I am not a pc expert but would like some help on installing the mod.
Jaguar and Pascal4541 gived to you good information ... i will complet a little bit:

1) see this tutorial: 1) How to install mods in SH5 ==> Link

2) see this tutorial: 2) How to configure and install Magnum Opus megamod for SH5 ==> Link

3) If you have already started a campaign and you have saved games... after you install the MO and tha patch 2 you must to restart a new campaign and you can not use anymore your saved games untill than... after that you can make new saves and load these new saves without problems
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-11, 06:44 PM   #1282
bigduke666
Watch

Default Thank u

thank u for the help and the video was just what i needed. One question, how do i know if the mod has been installed and is working?
for instance for the game stalker, the mega mods had a totally new interface from start up. i started up sh5 and see no difference from the opening screen etc - no mention that i have the mod installed at all. i have not started a mission yet?
Old 04-07-11, 12:34 AM   #1283
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
thank u for the help and the video was just what i needed. One question, how do i know if the mod has been installed and is working?
for instance for the game stalker, the mega mods had a totally new interface from start up. i started up sh5 and see no difference from the opening screen etc - no mention that i have the mod installed at all. i have not started a mission yet?
Yes... when you play the tutorial (poland mission)... it is like you do not have mods installed... after that you will eaasy observe if you have mods or not
Old 04-07-11, 03:41 AM   #1284
bigduke666
Watch

Default help again

I guess the mod installed ok as the voices have a german accent now - however after starting the poland mission, i get woken up, told to go to the captian. the inside of the sub is fine graphics wise, i climb the ladder up to the observation part, and its just black!!! there is no graphics at all?
Old 04-07-11, 04:08 AM   #1285
bigduke666
Watch

Default help again 2

I also tried a single mission and got the same thing, inside of sub ok, outside just black. i deactivated mo in jsgme and had the same problem as well
Old 04-07-11, 04:24 AM   #1286
jwilliams
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 124

Quote:
I also tried a single mission and got the same thing, inside of sub ok, outside just black. i deactivated mo in jsgme and had the same problem as well
What are your system specs???

Graphics card and drivers??

Need this info to help troubleshoot.

Old 04-07-11, 05:15 AM   #1287
bigduke666
Watch

Default spec are

amd hex core 109t factory overclocked to 4.2GHz
8GB Dominator ram
2 x ati 5970 crossfire
latest ati drivers installed - checked today

I completely uninstalled the game and mods jsmge etc.
Reinstalled game - applied patches. no mods yet, started the game and same problem. also when looking through periscope its total black. also whats strange is when pressing esc, the paused view is perfect its clear, so as i press resume it goes black again.
You can see the outline of the hatch etc, just everything is black?
Old 04-07-11, 05:27 AM   #1288
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
amd hex core 109t factory overclocked to 4.2GHz
8GB Dominator ram
2 x ati 5970 crossfire
latest ati drivers installed - checked today

I completely uninstalled the game and mods jsmge etc.
Reinstalled game - applied patches. no mods yet, started the game and same problem. also when looking through periscope its total black. also whats strange is when pressing esc, the paused view is perfect its clear, so as i press resume it goes black again.
You can see the outline of the hatch etc, just everything is black?
same problem here:

~S~ Gentlemen,
I'm not really sure if this is the right place to post this message, but here goes. Your help in any way will be much appreciated.

I've just purchased the retail version of SH5, and after reading some of the bad reports about the game I get the feeling that I've been had. After waiting with anticipation for the installation to complete, I started a new campaign. The guy wakes me up and tells me that the captain wants to see me up on the bridge.

I walk to the ladder in the control room and look up. I can see the night sky through the hatch. I go up both ladders and through the hatch and then everything goes completely black. The Captain speaks but I cannot see him. In fact, I can't see anything at all outside of the boat, including all of the other stations and the external camera. If that's not bad enough, I cannot get off the bridge because I cannot find the hatch again.

Also, I cannot see anything through either of the periscopes, that is if I'm lucky enough to find my way back inside the boat.

As with all games that I play, I have my graphics completely maxed out. My computer should easily run SH5 as it is way over the system requirements for this game. It can easily handle SH3, IL2 1946, FS9 and FSX with maxed out graphics.

I posted this message on the UbiSoft SH5 forums and only one guy replied. He implied that I needed to install DirectX 9c. I had my doubts about that because I'm running Windoze 7 Ultimate 64 Bit. It appears that my version of DirectX is as recent as it gets. Willing to try anything to make the game work properly, I took his advice and installed DirectX 9c. Unfortunately, nothing has changed. I'm still stuck on the bridge in complete darkness and unable to find the hatch.

Have I purchased an expensive drink coaster to put my cans of beer on? I hope not because it will cost a small fortune to buy the entire matching set for parties.

System Specs;
CPU: Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
RAM: 6 Gb Corsair triple channel
Video: 2 ATI Radeon HD 5700 series (Crossfire)
Hard Disk:
1 Terrabyte Seagate 7,200 rpm SATA2 + 150 GB Western Digital Raptor 10,000 rpm SATA2

Solutions:

1) Put shadows slider half way

2) Read here also: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=177485

3) I would suspect the ATI crossfire as the problem (driver problem) (TDW)

4) Solution :

''Thank you DarkWraith,

It was the other way around for me. I was using nvidea many years ago until I had some annoying issues with their older cards. So, I switched to ATI because a large percentage of lads from my IL2 squadron were at the time using ATI without any issues at all.

Your reply prompted me to try something which I neglected to do initially. I opened the ATI software and disabled the Crossfire, so now for this game only I'm using only one video card. I'm pleased to report that I now have exterior views. Issue solved. Thanks again old chap!

All I have to do now is learn how to drive the boat.

Regards''
Old 04-07-11, 05:43 AM   #1289
bigduke666
Watch

Default ati driver

thanks stoianm.
thats just the problem i am having - the ati drivers i have are 11.3. All my other games work fine, i guess i will have to wait and see if future ati updates fix the problem.
thanks again
Old 04-07-11, 05:55 AM   #1290
pascal4541
Officer

Downloads: 434

I play with the 11.3...No worries
You have properly installed ATI Catalyst Application 11.3 Cap1? The latter is an option to download
I do not remember having had problems when I had my crossfire 4890...But there was no gain in performance ...
Early preview 11.4: http://www.infos-du-net.com/telechar...302-28444.html

Rampage Formula X48+E8600@4600Mhz H24+Corsair H50+4X2Go GSkill Trident PC9600+Sapphire HD6870@ 960/4600Mhz+WD Raptor 74Go+WD CaviarBlack 500Gox2+Samsung F1 500Go+CoolerMaster M850W+7-64Bits

Last edited by pascal4541; 04-07-11 at 06:18 AM.
pascal4541 is offline   Reply With Quote