Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-21, 11:58 PM   #12826
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

Also in the news Governor Cuomo wants to open up New York all of a sudden. The man was yelling and screaming about how Covid was destroying the state, and now that trumps out he wants to open up the state. What a piece of work man. Can anyone see the red flags around here. Did anyone else see the lies that the Democrats are pulling here.?

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc
Old 01-13-21, 12:20 AM   #12827
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 0

The list of those some would call traitors expands to the Military Joint Chiefs.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/12/polit...ion/index.html

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 01-13-21, 02:23 AM   #12828
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post
Joe enacted laws that made blacks who had weapons or drugs while in gangs serve harder sentences in the late 80's! The super predators as he called them. Black youth predominantly were in gangs then. He is all over the record on that.

You guys literally voted in systemic racism!

AHAAAA AHAAA AHAA!!!,

When's your next klan meeting?
The nicest thing I’ve seen anyone here say about Biden is that ‘he’s not as bad as Trump’, so I’m not sure where you’re getting the impression that anyone likes him from...

Also, I guess that it’s only bad when people on the left call people they disagree with racist, and it’s okay for you to do it? Okay...
Old 01-13-21, 04:39 AM   #12829
bstanko6
Admiral

I don’t need to call Biden racist it’s in record.

DISCORD
Old 01-13-21, 05:26 AM   #12830
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

<O>
Old 01-13-21, 06:47 AM   #12831
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Apparently not meeting bstanko6's standards.

What standards? His seem to shift and slide as often as a truckload of Jello on a winding country road; he rails against "absolutes", yet demands absolute adherence to dogma(s) he has yet to fully crystalize in his own mind; he never fully explains or defends when he is challenged by facts and/or reality, choosing instead to snipe and snip instead of backing up his claims of 'truth' with solid evidence (and I don't mean that sort of Q Anon sort of rubbish); it seems his "standards" have a high degree of fungibility and frangibility depending on how deeply he is challenged by a responder's calling him to account for his musings; single sentence indignant rants are often the sign of lack of complex underpinning logic and/or consideration, a flaw found in an awful lot of Trumpettes...

I will agree with him on one thing: two parties is not really a workable means of choosing political leadership; I much more prefer no party allegiances, just the exercise of good old fashioned common sense, logic, and basic critical thinking; there have been reports in the last couple of days of voters changing their GOP voter registrations in the days following the Trump's loss in the election, a trend which has accelerated much more since the riot last Wednesday; some of those who have dropped the GOP are switching to the DEMs, but a very significant portion are either re-registering as independents or with third parties; those who are going to third parties or the DEMS are just trading one set of unbending dogma for another; being independent is the best way to handle political choice: make the buggers prove their propositions' and/or candidates' worth based on reason and not blind party obedience; when I hear some one prattle on about "toeing the party line", I always go back to that scene in Five Easy Pieces where Jack Nicholson's character has to deal with a "no exceptions' situation:

...treat political parties like that diner and its demanding waitress: if they can't accommodate your needs, just leave; there are other diners on the road...

...and, BTW, as far as political parties are concerned, I have often told them where they could put their brand of "chicken salad" and it is somewhere north of the knees...

<O>

Last edited by vienna; 01-13-21 at 06:58 AM.
Old 01-13-21, 06:54 AM   #12832
bstanko6
Admiral

I feel terrible for you guys. I really hope you will see the truth one day. I mean that. I wish you well.

DISCORD
Old 01-13-21, 06:55 AM   #12833
Hawk66
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Yeah Mitch McConnell and John McCain… Not Republicans. Not real Republicans anyway. McConnell is a traitor.
Then Ronald Reagan is also a traitor according to your standards ("values" of the Republican Party or I would better refer to this style "Tea Party")
Source: Diaries of Ronald Reagan .
Old 01-13-21, 07:21 AM   #12834
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Impeaching Trump is not enough: a legal assessment.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/12/o...nig/index.html
Old 01-13-21, 07:26 AM   #12835
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Quote:
I don’t need to call Biden racist it’s in record.
And where are the records saying that anyone in this thread is a racist? You insulted people who disagreed with you by saying that they had a KKK meeting to get to, remember?
Old 01-13-21, 08:26 AM   #12836
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Pure genius lol
Old 01-13-21, 08:37 AM   #12837
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

About “Whataboutism”

https://www.city-journal.org/about-w...ical-hypocrisy

Quote:
Many things are complicated—but not everything. If you condemned the Antifa/Black Lives Matter violence that took place around the country in 2020, as all conservatives did, then you must condemn the Trumpist riot at the U.S. Capitol in 2021. Period.

Suppose, however, you spent last summer applauding the riots, or dissembling about them, or dismissing them. In that case, to deplore last week’s violence credibly is not so simple. If you demand that your political adversaries adhere to a principle, but exempt people whose cause you endorse from having to comply, then that preference you enjoy boasting about is not really a principle. It is not a standard of conduct applicable to all, in other words, but just another rhetorical device used for political combat.
An excellent point.

Quote:
Coming on top of sweeping accusations of whataboutism, the destruction of Parler is an ominous escalation. The culturally powerful appear less and less culturally responsible, less inhibited by a sense of concern for the whole polity, by any notion that viewpoints they do not share are entitled to respect—or even oxygen. Unless a new president who has promised to heal wounds is not just a front man for a nomenklatura that intends to settle scores, de-escalation is imperative. It is time to entreat the culturally powerful to assess their obligations carefully and wield their powers scrupulously. To them, I say: What about it

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 01-13-21, 09:40 AM   #12838
Wolferz
Navy Seal

Downloads: 52
wolf_howl15 Everybody duck

Obi Don is here and the farce is with him.

Hmmm,
What's next?
Alphabet soup is what. The DOJ is now faced with the daunting task of rounding up and prosecuting all of those right wing, BS swallowing, wingnuts and giving them a free room in some federal country club.
I say save some money, skip the BS and go ahead and slap on the "terrorist"label. That will give you farm boys the easy path of sending the jokers straight to Gitmo with no trial. No habeus corpus. No defense. and no hope of ever being free to try it again.

Extreme measure you say?

don't worry. You won't see it happen that way.
We have rights in this country.
But, we don't have the right to do as we please or say what we please. Words have consequences. For example , and this one is a real no brainer, You don't jump up and scream FIRE! in a crowded theater. Unless your intent is to have your Proud Boys backing you up with automatic weapons.
Well, you won't need them. Just sit back and watch the meat grinder created by the stampede.
The court of public opinion is now in session. All rise for the talking heads. They'll let us know how to clean up this mess. Well, some of them will. The rest wil either condemn or praise the CMFIC for his part and offer their own excuses for the inexcusable.
I'll be over here eating my popcorn and placing bets on whose head is going to get splattered by a tree as they lean in their preferred direction. Since we drive on the right in this country. The right wingers appear to have the best chance of kissing a tree, a road sign or a parked car.
It would be nice if folks would take a page out of mother nature's book... Birds need "both" wings to fly.

Stay tuned for;
LINCOLN
DIVIDED WE STAND

Tomorrow never comes
Old 01-13-21, 10:35 AM   #12839
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
About “Whataboutism”

https://www.city-journal.org/about-w...ical-hypocrisy

Quote:
Many things are complicated—but not everything. If you condemned the Antifa/Black Lives Matter violence that took place around the country in 2020, as all conservatives did, then you must condemn the Trumpist riot at the U.S. Capitol in 2021. Period.

Suppose, however, you spent last summer applauding the riots, or dissembling about them, or dismissing them. In that case, to deplore last week’s violence credibly is not so simple. If you demand that your political adversaries adhere to a principle, but exempt people whose cause you endorse from having to comply, then that preference you enjoy boasting about is not really a principle. It is not a standard of conduct applicable to all, in other words, but just another rhetorical device used for political combat.
An excellent point.
Well, that depends. I am against any type of unnecessary violence, but we must agree that not all the good or bad causes are the same.

Protesting because people of a certain skin colour are killed by cops for trivial reasons (something that, from my European perspective, is happening way too often for being a mere coincidence), is not the same as protesting for an electoral fraud that, so far, someone's favorite candidate has failed to prove. From my point of view the protests would have been more than legitimate if ballots had not been rechecked/recounted several times, and if all the US Courts and Electoral Colleges that rejected Trump's allegations were held by the Dem's, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Likewise, as idiotic and condemnable as it is, damaging public facilities, commercial establishments and private properties is not the same as looting the same symbol of your - or rather our - Democracy, and finally undermining it at its base. The rioters might have been, and mostly actually were, a group of unharmed clowns, but the damage they did cause to the internal and international credibility of your institutions is immense. Just imagine: the Congress of the richest and more powerful democratic country in the world, put to flight by a comitive of losers. That's something the world could hardly imagine before January 6.

My two cents
Old 01-13-21, 10:48 AM   #12840
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Congress of the richest and more powerful democratic country in the world, put to flight by a comitive of losers. That's something the world could hardly imagine before January 6.

My two cents
By the way what the heck is a Gap?

Has that always been your user name?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter