Closed Thread

Old 01-06-21, 09:47 PM   #12256
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post

Do you that call this an attempted 'coup' even understand the word or how to apply it?
A coup is a violent attempt to forcefully remove a legitimate government from power by the use of violence. Often it is the military, but it must not exclusively be so. The coup is followed by a rule of force without any legitimation by the people.

Therefore, to prevent a government by the use of force, violence, intimidation, from getting formally legitimised to govern after it won an election, and trying to steal, by the use of force and intimidation, an election that has been lost is practically the same: it gets by the use of violence rem oved/held back from power.

What Trump does all the time is: using lie, attempted fraud, intimdiation, threatening, attempted corrupting, attempted vote rigging, to steal an neleciton he has clearkly lost, and using suggestive language to call mobs to use implied violence on his behalf to bring him back the crown that he has to give up.

Guilty.

Guilty of conspiracy against the state and the constitutional order.
Guilty of misuse of authority for perosnal benefits.
Guilty of mobbing, intimidation and duress.
Guilty of corruption.
Guilty of attempted vote rigging.
Guilty of slander and offending.
Guilty of incitement.
Guilty of perversion of the course of justice.
Guilty of nepotism.
Guilty of refusal to work.
Guilty of breach of fiduciary duty during the pandemic.
Guilty of instigating for physical violence in hundreds of tousands of cases.
Guilty of instigating slaughter in tens of thousands of cases.
Guilty of collaboration with an hostile foreign power.
Guilty of tax evasion.
Guilty of illegally paying hush-money.

And many more, but I do not know all the equivalent English terms.

Oh, and it goes without saying he is a racist, sexist, bigot piece of youcanimaginewhat, and he is very proud of it. Pride, man! Somebody must have taught him that these traits are virtues.

And then lets see what comes of all the tax offence cases waiting for him once he has been thrown out. I would not be surprised to learn in the near future that he asks for asylum in Russia.
Old 01-06-21, 09:48 PM   #12257
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post
@Cybermat...

You like to play with a lot of rubber things.
Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that!

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 01-06-21, 09:48 PM   #12258
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

Skybird shut up you sound like an old woman already. None of that stuff is ever happened.

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc
Old 01-06-21, 09:49 PM   #12259
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Quote:
@Cybermat...

You like to play with a lot of rubber things.
Sorry, is that meant to be an insult?
Old 01-06-21, 09:51 PM   #12260
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
I cannot express my true feelings in a positive tone how disgusted, ashamed, and angered I am

Were you similarly disgusted, ashamed and angered when the Democrats were letting gangs of nutty screaming snowflakes roam around the halls of congress accosting congressmen in elevators and hallways?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 01-06-21, 09:54 PM   #12261
Buddahaid

Quote:
Skybird shut up you sound like an old woman already. None of that stuff is ever happened.
At a loss for a real argument? Please provide one as I can' find one.

David Bowie
Old 01-06-21, 09:56 PM   #12262
Buddahaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Were you similarly disgusted, ashamed and angered when the Democrats were letting gangs of nutty screaming snowflakes roam around the halls of congress accosting congressmen in elevators and hallways?
Please provide citations, and when.

David Bowie
Old 01-06-21, 09:58 PM   #12263
Buddahaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Due View Post
I'm sorry, but that most certainly is not a Norwegian island.

Yep, politicians and bureaucrats are the same wherever you go. None of them, not a single one of them, will be welccome to my place unless put under constant surveillance, lest I wish to have them steal the nails in the cupboards.

David Bowie
Old 01-06-21, 10:01 PM   #12264
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Trump caused the assault on the Capitol. He must be removed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...3a1_story.html

Quote:
PRESIDENT TRUMP’S refusal to accept his election defeat and his relentless incitement of his supporters led Wednesday to the unthinkable: an assault on the U.S. Capitol by a violent mob that overwhelmed police and drove Congress from its chambers as it was debating the counting of electoral votes. Responsibility for this act of sedition lies squarely with the president, who has shown that his continued tenure in office poses a grave threat to U.S. democracy. He should be removed.

Mr. Trump encouraged the mob to gather on Wednesday, as Congress was set to convene, and to “be wild.” After repeating a panoply of absurd conspiracy theories about the election, he urged the crowd to march on the Capitol. “We’re going to walk down, and I’ll be there with you,” he said. “You’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.” The president did not follow the mob, but instead passively watched it on television as its members tore down fences around the Capitol and overwhelmed police guarding the building. House members and senators were forced to flee. Shots were fired, and at least one person was struck and killed.

Rather than immediately denouncing the violence and calling on his supporters to stand down, Mr. Trump issued two mild tweets in which he called on them to “remain” or “stay” peaceful. Following appeals from senior Republicans, he finally released a video in which he asked people to go home, but doubled down on the lies fueling the vigilantes. “We love you. You’re very special,” he told his seditious posse. Later, he excused the riot, tweeting that “these are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away.”

The president is unfit to remain in office for the next 14 days. Every second he retains the vast powers of the presidency is a threat to public order and national security. Vice President Pence, who had to be whisked off the Senate floor for his own protection, should immediately gather the Cabinet to invoke the 25th Amendment, declaring that Mr. Trump is “unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office.” Congress, which would be required to ratify the action if Mr. Trump resisted, should do so. Mr. Pence should serve until President-elect Joe Biden is inaugurated on Jan. 20.

Failing that, senior Republicans must restrain the president. The insurrection came just as many top Republicans, including Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.), were finally denouncing Mr. Trump’s antidemocratic campaign to overturn the election results. A depressing number of GOP legislators — such as Sen. Josh Hawley (Mo.), Sen. Ted Cruz (Tex.), House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (Calif.) and House Minority Whip Steve Scalise (La.) — were prepared to support Mr. Trump’s effort, fueling the rage of those the president has duped into believing the election was stolen.

Mr. McConnell, to his lasting credit, was not. “President Trump claims the election was stolen,” he said. But “nothing before us proves illegality anywhere near the massive scale, the massive scale, that would have tipped the entire election. . . . If this election were overturned by mere allegations from the losing side, our democracy would enter a death spiral.” He added: “I will not pretend such a vote would be a harmless protest gesture while relying on others to do the right thing.” As if to prove his point, the Trump mob would soon climb up the Capitol walls, and Mr. McConnell and his colleagues would seek refuge in secured locations.

Now that the stakes are viscerally clear, Mr. McConnell and every other Republican, almost all of whom bear some blame for what occurred on Wednesday, have an overriding responsibility to the nation: stopping Mr. Trump and restoring faith in democracy. That begins by recognizing Mr. Biden’s victory as soon as possible. Those lawmakers, such as Mr. Hawley and Mr. Cruz, who sought to benefit from Mr. Trump’s mob-stoking rage by objecting to the electoral vote count, must end their cynical posturing. They are directly impeding the peaceful transition of power.

The chaos confirmed once again the voters’ wisdom in rejecting Mr. Trump in favor of Joe Biden. The president-elect rose to the moment. “I call on this mob, now, to pull back and allow the work of democracy to go forward,” Mr. Biden said. “It’s not protest. It’s insurrection.” He concluded: “Today is a reminder, a painful one, that democracy is fragile.”

Mr. Biden is right. Rules, norms, laws, even the Constitution itself are worth something only if people believe in them. Americans put on their seat belts, follow traffic laws, pay taxes and vote because of faith in a system — and that faith makes it work. The highest voice in the land incited people to break that faith, not just in tweets, but by inciting them to action. Mr. Trump is a menace, and as long as he remains in the White House, the country will be in danger.
Meanwhile at least three Trump loyalists have withdrawn their objections to the election results, amongst them Kelly Loeffler who just got defeated in Georgia.

Trump wanted chaos. He got his will. He will maximise it in the days left, if he is not stopped.

Its considered to be not polite to say after a bad event that one has told the other so, but - I told you so. Weeks ago, and months ago. Many people preferred to keep their eyes wide shut. Wide shut. And still do so.

Last edited by Skybird; 01-06-21 at 10:10 PM.
Skybird is online  
Old 01-06-21, 10:01 PM   #12265
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosencrantz View Post
Trump regime has been loosing throughout the World for 4 years in a row.

Three middle east peace deals.
Rich Nato members finally asked to pay their share.
Got us out of the Paris climate accord and Iran nuke deals.
NK missiles no longer being shot over Japan.
Illegal aliens no longer flowing over the border

Oh yeah loosing...

Old 01-06-21, 10:10 PM   #12266
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Please provide citations, and when.

My but what a short memory you have Grandma.

https://www.businessinsider.com/orri...row-up-2018-10

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/04/u...ts-senate.html

Shall I also include the mob attacks on congressmen in restaurants and other public places being egged on my Democrat luminaries?

Old 01-06-21, 10:10 PM   #12267
Buddahaid

Maybe the price was too high for a lot of Americans, at least for me it was, and recent events tend to confirm that view rather than evaporate it.

David Bowie
Old 01-06-21, 10:11 PM   #12268
Buddahaid

Quote:
My but what a short memory you have Grandma.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/04/u...ts-senate.html

Shall I also include the mob attacks on congressmen in restaurants and other public places being egged on my Democrat luminaries?
Not a short memory, I just hadn't been exposed to it, or at least I forgot, but isn't that patriotic free speech?

David Bowie
Old 01-06-21, 10:19 PM   #12269
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Quote:
Got us out of the Paris climate accord
How is that a good thing? I’ve seen the effects of global warming first hand with last year’s disastrous fires.
Old 01-06-21, 10:28 PM   #12270
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
How is that a good thing?
When you think

is a documentary... Well...
Closed Thread

Tags