Closed Thread

Old 07-22-20, 03:15 AM   #9826
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
All I see here are white people. I'm guessing they're just Antifa commies that don't want the Feds to interfere with their rioting and vandalism activities. Change my mind.
What does wanting less dead black people have to do with communism? If anything this strikes me as more of a right-wing libertarian idea - less government interference, less powerful police etc. (i.e. the opposite of what we see in the PRC and DPRK).

Or maybe the libertarian left and libertarian right have more in common than partisan politicians and the media would like us to think.

Last edited by Cybermat47; 07-22-20 at 03:30 AM.
Old 07-22-20, 05:27 AM   #9827
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
What does wanting less dead black people have to do with communism? [...].
Roughly the same as with masks and science, partisanship is all that counts.
Also desinformation and chaos, the goal is to create lies faster than the truth is able to toe its shoelaces and react.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 07-22-20, 05:36 AM   #9828
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Also desinformation and chaos, the goal is to create lies faster than the truth is able to toe its shoelaces and react.
Well said.

Last edited by Dowly; 07-22-20 at 05:46 AM.
Old 07-22-20, 06:15 AM   #9829
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
"Trump’s paramilitary secret police are tear-gassing sunflower-wielding moms defending BLM protestors in Portland"
Refering to very public officers operating under the auspices of the Department of Homeland Security as “secret” police is a bit of a stretch.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 07-22-20, 06:53 AM   #9830
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Quote:
"Trump’s paramilitary secret police are tear-gassing sunflower-wielding moms defending BLM protestors in Portland"

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/tru...s-in-portland/

" .... the account of how demonstrators in Portland, Oregon, protesting racism and police brutality earlier in July, were tear-gassed, beaten, seized off the street by unidentified, masked federal agents in camouflage and fatigues, hustled into unmarked vans and detained for hours. The agents were reported to work with the US Marshals Special Operations Group and Bortac, the Border Patrol Tactical Unit."

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ortland-doomed

What's next, bombers?
well if you had actualy done some basic research instead of just posting inflammatory click-bait from left leaning sites, you might actually learn what is really going on in Portland.

for the past 50 days, pretty much every night from midnight to 4 a.m., so called "peaceful" protesters have been trying to break into and burn down the federal Court House building in downtown Portland.

If this was a normal city, the local police would arrest the vandals and prosecute them for vandalism, destruction of property, attempted arson, etc. and put a stop to it, but the local Dem mayor is running for re-election and has ordered the city police to stay out of the area so as not to antagonise the "peaceful" protesters, leaving federal agents to provide protection.

For the most part, federal agents stay inside the building, but the crowd then just gets to work trying to break into the building to loot it or set fire to it with the agents inside. So periodically, the agents come out to disperse the "peaceful" protesters at which point dozens of laser pointers are shot at their eyes to try to blind them amd frozen water bottles and other projectiles are thrown at their head to try to injure them. When one of the agent is isolated, the "peaceful" protesters will attack him. That is why the federal agents wear protective gear.
The reason the agents do not wear name tags is so the "peaceful" protesters cannot identify them and threaten their family.

yes, the federal agents could withdraw from Portland and let the "peaceful" protesters loot and burn down the Federal Court House Building, but that is not an option.

Are you really going to tell me that the German police would handle things differently if it was a German Court House that was under attack by rioters?

But don't take my word for it, everything I laid out can be very easily verified using Google and Twitter. Independent journalists and "peaceful" protesters post dozens of videos everynight of what is really going on.
Old 07-22-20, 08:41 AM   #9831
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

I can only look at what the news says, and pardon me but i do not use or believe twitter or Fox for this. Governor Wheeler is not the only one who looks for re-election b.t.w.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
Are you really going to tell me that the German police would handle things differently if it was a German Court House that was under attack by rioters?
[...]
But don't take my word for it, everything I laid out can be very easily verified using Google and Twitter. Independent journalists and "peaceful" protesters post dozens of videos everynight of what is really going on.
I do not know of any politician, chancellor or president right now who tries to divide our country the way it is currently done in the US, although it may be possibe when the AfD comes to power here.
Under such circumstances the police would of course use water cannons and whatnot, but it sure would not be the army to fire at demonstrants and arrest citizens, or "secret agents" (Trump's words not mine) shoving people into unmarked black vans for interrogation.
Those paramilitary forces or whatever you call them have also arrested lots of peaceful protesters, including some of those moms.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ortland-doomed

“What they are doing is sharply escalating the situation"

"Leave my city alone.
That was the message Mayor Ted Wheeler of Portland, Ore., had on Sunday for President Donald Trump in discussing the federal government’s response to ongoing protests and unrest in the city — in particular, the uninvited presence of militarized federal forces deployed by the Department of Homeland Security."

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...o-leave-370250

There also was that man who dared to direct a ghetto blaster at the advancing militarized federal forces, was shot with tear gas, and then got a rubber bullet at his head. I will not post links as well, they are all over the 'net.
And yes it obviously was Trump who called camouflaged SWAT teams paramilitary forces, along with US Marshals Special Operations Group and the Border Patrol Tactical Unit 'BORTAK'. To make him look strong, for political reasons, but surely not for de-escalation and getting back to normal.

Trying to polarize and divide the nation with primitive rhetorics, and then pretending to be astonished that the people react how they do, and then use paramilitary forces to "dominate" them is an endless Moebius strip of bullsh!t !

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 07-22-20 at 09:32 AM.
Old 07-22-20, 09:31 AM   #9832
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
well if you had actualy done some basic research instead of just posting inflammatory click-bait from left leaning sites, you might actually learn what is really going on in Portland.

for the past 50 days, pretty much every night from midnight to 4 a.m., so called "peaceful" protesters have been trying to break into and burn down the federal Court House building in downtown Portland.
Since you've done the basic research, I'm confident that you can share us, say, 10 examples (nights) of protesters trying to break into and burn down the courthouse. Obviously you have the data to back this up since you state that this has been the case 'pretty much every night' for 50 days now. Surely you're basing that on something and you wouldn't exaggerate things.

Bonus points if you find examples from before Trump ordered the Feds in.
Old 07-22-20, 10:09 AM   #9833
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

I'll never forget the words of one black male on a news channel after the first BLM protest.

"We got to keep this thing going"
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 07-22-20, 11:13 AM   #9834
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Trying to polarize and divide the nation with primitive rhetorics, and then pretending to be astonished that the people react how they do, and then use paramilitary forces to "dominate" them is an endless Moebius strip of bullsh!t !
Sums it up nicely!

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
Old 07-22-20, 11:59 AM   #9835
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Since you've done the basic research, I'm confident that you can share us, say, 10 examples (nights) of protesters trying to break into and burn down the courthouse. Obviously you have the data to back this up since you state that this has been the case 'pretty much every night' for 50 days now. Surely you're basing that on something and you wouldn't exaggerate things.

Bonus points if you find examples from before Trump ordered the Feds in.
Is that really the best you can come up with?

You are such an embarassment.
Old 07-22-20, 12:15 PM   #9836
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:

So, that's a no on providing anything to back up your statement and yes on exaggerating things.

Keep grasping.
Old 07-22-20, 12:47 PM   #9837
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Quote:
which just sounds to me like a lame excuse to justify rioting.

Oregon is one of the most affluent, liberal U.S. States. The population is 85% Caucasian and 90%+ of the protesters are white. What social conditions in Portland are so oppressive that would justify riots in the street?

Why don't you just admit you have no clue what is going on in Portland?
Old 07-22-20, 12:50 PM   #9838
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
So, that's a no on providing anything to back up your statement and yes on exaggerating things.

Keep grasping.
Nice deflection, but it just shows you have obviously no clue on what is going on in Portland and obviously no interest (or ability) in finding out on your own.
Old 07-22-20, 01:04 PM   #9839
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Nice deflection, but it just shows you have obviously no clue on what is going on in Portland and obviously no interest (or ability) in finding out on your own.
Deflection? Like this:
Quote:

Hey, you're the who made the claim, I simply asked if you could provide some info. After all, you did imply to have done the basic research to reach your conclusion.
Old 07-22-20, 01:46 PM   #9840
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

What is going on at the Portland Federal court house?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1285830145622765568

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter