SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-07-12, 05:23 AM   #901
PrEZeX
Helmsman

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 0

Ok, I managed to solve my lag and crashes by editing out flares and starshell gun. Don't know why this is so demanding on my HD6990 (or maybe my memory) and I really hope TDW will be willing to find a solution to implement flares and starshell guns without lag (because I'm not the only one experiencing lag with flares). I really want to play with those nice effects so I'm waiting and hoping for a "real" solution. Thank you all for your help!
PrEZeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-12, 04:38 PM   #902
jmann
Swabbie

Downloads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echolot View Post
Hello Bilge Rat.

You could try:

Open up data/zones.cfg and do a search for "Effect2=Distress_Flare_Red, 75".

You should find:

Change to:

Save file.

Great fix. thank you.. no more ctd
jmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-12, 02:43 PM   #903
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Smoke skipping . I think that the game takes the TGA file
C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Misc\WaterStreaks TGA and renders it while the rest of the game stops rendering . But i dont think that is the only problem . Sometimes you see the crew being rendered too late and they end up over the water at the back of the sub . something seriously wrong with the game .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-12, 05:33 PM   #904
quink99
中国水兵

Downloads: 941

Sober, for the first time in the many months that I've had SH5 I, too, noticed the deck watch hard at work about thirty feet astern of the conning tower in mid air............weird!
quink99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-12, 07:38 PM   #905
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by quink99 View Post
Sober, for the first time in the many months that I've had SH5 I, too, noticed the deck watch hard at work about thirty feet astern of the conning tower in mid air............weird!
Here's what the game does: when the camera is not focused on the deck crew (of any unit) the game moves them some distance away from the unit. Once the camera moves into view of where they should be the game moves them back. This is done to 'clip' them - so they don't get rendered (thus slightly improving FPS). If you want to see this in action then go to external camera. Rotate the camera so you are not looking at watch crew. Quickly rotate back into view and mash the pause key. You'll see the crew hovering above the water (rotate camera around looking for them). Hit the pause key again and you'll see the game quickly moving them back to where they should be.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-12, 09:04 PM   #906
quink99
中国水兵

Downloads: 941

Thanks for the explanation, TDW
quink99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-12, 12:26 AM   #907
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Here's what the game does: when the camera is not focused on the deck crew (of any unit) the game moves them some distance away from the unit. Once the camera moves into view of where they should be the game moves them back. This is done to 'clip' them - so they don't get rendered (thus slightly improving FPS). If you want to see this in action then go to external camera. Rotate the camera so you are not looking at watch crew. Quickly rotate back into view and mash the pause key. You'll see the crew hovering above the water (rotate camera around looking for them). Hit the pause key again and you'll see the game quickly moving them back to where they should be.
Sorry , i wasnt blaming FX in any way . cheers . I just look for percieved problems , thanks for the explanation
Old 05-23-12, 08:03 AM   #908
WillofIrony
Nub

Downloads: 10

I am preparing to install Mods to SH5, following the excellent video tutorial by stoianm. I have found all the files upto and including FX Update 0.0.19. I have seen a post by DarkWraith suggesting that the latest BARF fix is included in the latest FX Update file as an optional MOD. However, I see no reference to BARF (whatever that is???) in the downloaded zip file. Is the BARF fix now embedded within FX Update? If not would someone point me in the direction of the BARF fix download? All the references I have found so far are no longer available (yes, I may well have missed a valid reference within the hundreds of posts to this thread).

May I take this opportunity to express my delight with the subsim forums. In particular, I must express my awe at the quality of the MODS by DarkWraith and the other contributers that I have observed in various videos. I am very new to SH5 and have found it very enjoyable (in spite if the mouse response in various contexts that is analogous to herding cats). However, I am confident that my interest would have been short lived without the helpful contributions of all you guys.
WillofIrony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-12, 08:56 AM   #909
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Recommend to try it - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=193825

And welcome to subsim!

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-12, 11:17 AM   #910
WillofIrony
Nub

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Recommend to try it - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=193825

And welcome to subsim!
Thanks for that. Such a friendly crowd
WillofIrony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-12, 09:16 PM   #911
Krizz
Nub

Downloads: 6

Is it possible that you upload it to this site so we can download it, I can't download it from Gamefront for some reason, its not just this mod from there, but all the files from there

I really want to try this mod but I can't find anywhere else to download it from

Thanks in advance
Krizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-12, 09:21 PM   #912
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizz View Post
Is it possible that you upload it to this site so we can download it, I can't download it from Gamefront for some reason, its not just this mod from there, but all the files from there

I really want to try this mod but I can't find anywhere else to download it from

Thanks in advance
Try to use Mozilla Firefox for download.. Not IE..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-12, 07:45 PM   #913
Krizz
Nub

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
Try to use Mozilla Firefox for download.. Not IE..
Well that solved it, thanks man, you made my day much better
And to you and may you have good weather on your side
Krizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 12:26 AM   #914
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Any ideas on fixing the ship smoke resetting . It is wrecking the game .
Old 06-05-12, 12:38 AM   #915
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Any ideas on fixing the ship smoke resetting . It is wrecking the game .
You could try adding Enhanced FunelSmoke1.2_by HanSolo78 to your mod list, smoke never resets with this one!
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote