SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-06, 12:35 PM   #76
1mPHUNit0
Chief

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 0

I think quite correct...and AOD super game stil actual and working
but...... down one side wery fast then diagonal again but mediun speed..
Old 11-20-06, 09:34 AM   #77
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

Default Air Power in SH3

Our most recent thoughts on the poor air-power in SH3 can be found 'adorning' the following thread:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=101106

Stiebler.
Old 11-22-06, 04:50 PM   #78
Corsair
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 51

I joined the forum lately after reading for a long time and would like to thank you guys for your NYGM 2.2 mod, corresponds precisely to my ideas about this sim. One feature I did not like from start was the renown system for upgrades and find your approach of time consuming for refiting the boat right on. Waiting for next version, but already very pleased with this one...

NYGM 3.4A / Living SH3 V5.1 + SH3 Commander
Old 12-02-06, 01:38 PM   #79
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Uploads: 4

Default NYGM 2.3 Patch/Update Now available.

The NYGM 2.3 patch/update is now available.

Check this link:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=101553

Stiebler.
Old 12-07-06, 10:03 AM   #80
hobnailboot
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
uzo clarity during storms

I was just thinking, when the weather is wild and the waves are crashing over the uzo, and when using the binoculers, why they do not take a few seconds for the water to drain off just like the periscope? Is that possible to mod?

NYGM IS FAAAAANTASTIC

Old 12-10-06, 01:22 PM   #81
1mPHUNit0
Chief

Downloads: 60

Periscope it's not so well.
Black grades on black in the night ....but not visibles
I think was better SH2 periscope with grades on the bottom.
Or green grades, like in the dark night
Old 12-12-06, 05:09 PM   #82
Lanzfeld
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 64

Der Teddy Bear:
I read the "readme" from NYGM and I was interested in your average data for visual detection ranges for the AI.
Did you ever do any experiments or do you know if running decks awash makes any difference???
Old 12-12-06, 06:21 PM   #83
CCIP
Navy Seal

Uploads: 2

It wouldn't make a difference, I think. Just the way the game handles things, there's only a 'submerged' and 'surfaced' state for anything. I might be wrong on this, but my own experience with NYGM shows nothing.

That said, I tend to run decks awash in surface attacks anyway - besides realism, it also means MUCH faster dives if you screw up :p

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
Old 12-12-06, 06:49 PM   #84
Lanzfeld
Grey Wolf

Not doubting you CCIP...But I have heard people swear to both sides...it does and it doesnt. I just wanted to know if anyone REALLY knows???
Old 12-12-06, 07:48 PM   #85
sergbuto
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 15

I seem to recall SH3 devs saying that sensor efficiency depends on silhouette/profile size but would not bet on it. On the other hand, NYGM could tweak sensors to the extent that the silhouette/profile does not matter any more and one gets detected anyway asa soon surfaced.
Old 12-12-06, 08:58 PM   #86
CCIP
Navy Seal

Uploads: 2

What I'm not sure of is whether this silhouette takes depth into the account if you're in the 'surfaced' state. I haven't seen any signs that it is...

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
Old 12-12-06, 09:12 PM   #87
Lanzfeld
Grey Wolf

I have to say that it is so frustrating that the sim has been out this long and we dont have a firm answer on this.
Old 12-13-06, 06:21 AM   #88
Immacolata
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP
It wouldn't make a difference, I think. Just the way the game handles things, there's only a 'submerged' and 'surfaced' state for anything. I might be wrong on this, but my own experience with NYGM shows nothing.

That said, I tend to run decks awash in surface attacks anyway - besides realism, it also means MUCH faster dives if you screw up :p
My experience with NYGM says that it does matter. I was sailing at a perpendicular angle to a convoy, decks awash. I hit S key by mistake and surfaced completely. Turned red. I quickly set the decks awash again and my stealth-o-meter turned green. I've experimented several times and I am positive that decks awash has an effect on detection. The actual effect is limited to a short distance however, and you will only have it work at the very edge of their detection range.

"The power of the executive to cast a man into prison without formulating any charge known to the law, and particularly to deny him the judgment of his peers, is in the highest degree odious, and the foundation of all totalitarian government whether Nazi or Communist."
- W. Churchill
Old 12-19-06, 05:10 AM   #89
jimmie
Lieutenant

Downloads: 0
Default a few minor glitches

Maybe this is not the right place to post but I thought it wasn't too important to make a new thread and perhaps it would be buried quickly by new GWX threads, so..

First, thanks for the great work, always. I've found a short free time and re-installed SH3, NYGM 2.3, simfeeling mod. And here's a few minor errors in graphics etc..

Some of ships in rec manual has brighter background and wrong horizontal scale guide and no angle legends. Sorry for not even listing which ones here.. (btw, could it be improved for same-type-different-tonage ships so it wouldn't feel next-prev page button broken )

I know simfeeling mod is originally created by FLB Sale 666 maybe a year ago, and since it's not the official part of NYGM so talking about it is not really right but... In the map section its drag & drop feature of msg field (not firmly confirmed, just my assamption) introduces back ground picture draggable as well which is very annoying and I think it would be better rather msg field not draggable. And the font is a bit too much distorted for comfortable reading dispite it may be pretty and match to other fonts, I changed it to font=1 (the same type face of original) and maybe this infomation be included in the readme.

Edit: there is a mistake in 1024 txt where a section "leer.tga" is in. The file set as drag=true and should be set as false. And this is not related to msg field draggable. I also changed the font for the current time, from font=5 to font=14 for readability

en/de menu.txt included in Simfeeling pack for NYGM 2.2 should be replaced with 2.3 files.

At least an error in speed chart #1 (8 knots for 8 hours says 188.53km)

So, those are minor boring errors but correcting them would make already great super mod better

I'm basically quite happy with 2.3. But here are a few personal wishes (mostly unimportant things...).

Forcing pistol selector feature is too much against default interface and very unintuitive IMHO. (I know I can select impact pistol if I so wish) At least please clearly state "how to select impact pistol and back to magnetic" and "what happens when you hear clicking sound (only once) when impact pistol selected," I mean, "how exactly it works now" in the manual)

With your wisdom can you improve hydro man's hearing range so it could match close to the player (I)?

Own-ship icon on the mark (the dark blurry black circle) is VERY ugly; can it not be replaced with simple circle or at least something NOT blurry... (I know it's inherited from RuB tho)

Inlucsion of *fancy* crew clothes

Thanks again for your great work!

Last edited by jimmie; 12-19-06 at 12:26 PM.
Old 12-19-06, 05:14 AM   #90
jimmie
Lieutenant

Downloads: 0

Oh by the way, I wouldn't know until now that hydro man can report sound contact while I'm on the surface - it was 15m storm and that's why tho.
Closed Thread