Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-01-13, 07:38 AM   #856
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
of course, if the "homeowner" in that "documentary" was a better shot, he would not need more than 7 rounds to shot 2 intruders.
Your displaying your lack of knowledge. One can practice all they want, but there is a big difference between shooting a stationary target while not under any stress at a firing range, and shooting at a moving target while under stress.

Also, bullets are not magic. One or two bullets will not necessarily bring down anyone.
Educate yourself:
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-13, 07:41 AM   #857
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
Your displaying your lack of knowledge. One can practice all they want, but there is a big difference between shooting a stationary target while not under any stress at a firing range, and shooting at a moving target while under stress.

Also, bullets are not magic. One or two bullets will not necessarily bring down anyone.
Educate yourself:
Piss off.

I have no interest in any further discussion with you.
Old 05-01-13, 07:53 AM   #858
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Okay, enough already...the owner of the forum has felt the need to intervene and still the insults go on.

No infraction because non was given previously but I am drawing a line.

Debate by all means but stop resorting to insults.

TIA

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-13, 07:57 AM   #859
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
Piss off.

I have no interest in any further discussion with you.
Add me to your ignore list then Rat. I was about to do the same yesterday, but will definitely do so now. You started this tit for tat by being a smartass. Not me, I'm just i no mood to put up it.

Out of respect for Neal, I will refrain and stop this post now, because all i have to say at this point, is just how low my opinion is of you.
Old 05-01-13, 01:41 PM   #860
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Gas station robbery thwarted by owner with AR-15 rifle

Just sayin...

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-13, 02:12 PM   #861
Tribesman
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/234160133...tcmp=obnetwork
Just sayin......
Old 05-01-13, 02:14 PM   #862
Tribesman
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/video/2...d-robber-video
Just sayin....
Old 05-01-13, 02:18 PM   #863
Tribesman
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/01...est=latestnews
Now thats sayin.... or is that more telling
Old 05-01-13, 03:20 PM   #864
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribesman View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/01...est=latestnews
Now thats sayin.... or is that more telling
Quote:
"Just one of those crazy accidents."
Bull. A meteor crashing into your house is just one of those crazy accidents. A sinkhole swallowing your car is one of those crazy accidents. Failing to supervise a child that's just barely not a toddler with a loaded firearm is not a crazy accident.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-13, 03:27 PM   #865
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
Bull. A meteor crashing into your house is just one of those crazy accidents. A sinkhole swallowing your car is one of those crazy accidents. Failing to supervise a child that's just barely not a toddler with a loaded firearm is not a crazy accident.

Agree 100%. It's negligence pure and simple.

"Well Regulated" according to the meaning when it was written is "proficient". Part of being proficient with a firearm is keeping it under control at all times.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-13, 03:47 PM   #866
Tribesman
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
"Well Regulated" according to the meaning when it was written is "proficient". Part of being proficient with a firearm is keeping it under control at all times.
So you think proficiency tests should be mandatory in keeping with the 2nd.
Good idea August, maybe they could award nice little proficiency certificates to people who are proficient with firearms, maybe call them firearms certificates, though of course there would have to be some sort of registration for these awards to make sure people don't just make their own fake paperwork.
Old 05-01-13, 03:51 PM   #867
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

If said person is not proficient do they take the firearm away?
Old 05-01-13, 04:18 PM   #868
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
If said person is not proficient do they take the firearm away?
I imagine it would be something like the penalties for driving a car without a license.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-13, 04:40 PM   #869
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

The best form of gun control arrived at my house this Monday.

From my basement, to your browser:

The amount of money spent on this safe, I could have easily bought myself a nice rifle, or two handguns. Instead however, I spent that money on a safe.

Now in life, there are several things, that certain select individuals should not be allowed to own or do because their level of stupidity puts others in danger. Some individuals should not own dog, because they neglect them. Other individuals, should not be allowed to drive a car, because their a danger to everyone around them. And while everyone has the right, and that right I would fight vigorously for, some individuals should not be allowed to own guns - because their F'ing idiots or do not take the responsibility that comes with ownership seriously.

Give you an example:
This last Sunday, the wife and I were at our local range getting some practice with our handguns. I was at the stall, focusing on the target. My wife who had already gone through her ammo, was behind me picking up my brass since we reload them. There's another couple in there. Some middle aged folks. The husband was obviously getting his wife to try out various handguns to see which one she liked best. Now, I didn't see this, but my wife did. The husband asked something like "how do you like that one?" I'm guessing from excitement, she spins around, GUN IN HAND, muzzle sweeps my wife - with her finger STILL ON THE TRIGGER. and says, "Oh I like this one a lot more!".

After that, my wife was like "Hun, we should go, lets save the rest of the ammo for later". I didnt see any of this, so i was along the lines of "yeah sure, no harm in saving". we packed up and left. She explained this too me in the car, and I was pissed.

- I was pissed that stupid idiot muzzle swept my wife with what we can only assume was a loaded gun with her finger on the trigger.

- I was pissed at that jackass husband who CLEARLY did not properly put in the "classroom time" training his wife before ever stepping foot in a firing range.

- I was pissed that I didn't see this. Had i saw it, i probably would have ripped them a new one.

I don't blame the gun, I blame the individuals who were holding it. On the range, SAFETY IS EVERYONES RESPONSIBLITY, and when i was first teaching my wife, I made damn sure that my wife, knew exactly what she was doing, before we even set foot on a range. My inlaws, whom i've also schooled in all seriousness, refer to me as "Mr Safety" - a label I am quite proud of.

Now back to the best form of gun control: A safe. Why?
1.) Keeps kids grubby mitts off.
2.) One of the top 5 stolen items in home burglaries is.. you guessed it - GUNS! The likelyhood that one of our firearms will end up on the blackmarket and used in a crime is reduced considerably by storing them in a safe.

Personally, i recommend an electronic lock, so you can change the combination anytime you want. Both my wife and I, as kids, knew where our fathers kept the key to the gun safe or cabinet. Since the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, we've already solved that delimna.

Anyway, the second amendment reiterates our fundamental and natural rights to self defense. But with that right, comes responsibility , and it is incumbent upon every person who chooses to exercise that right and own a firearm to get the proper education and training. It is not only your responsibility, it us your duty as a citizen. If you cannot be responsible, and take it seriously, then you, as an individual, probably shouldn't own one.

And since I know someones going to ask, no there's not much in the safe at the moment.
Old 05-01-13, 05:47 PM   #870
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

It's a good call, but in the event of a home break in, how do you work it? Do you have a pistol in a more easy to access location, or is it all in the safe?

No criticisms intended, just curious...and no, I'm not casing the house either.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gun control, guns, radio wave madness