SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-01-08, 08:36 PM   #781
thasaint
Medic

Downloads: 116
Uploads: 0

thanks DT and rebels!

Last edited by thasaint; 04-01-08 at 09:05 PM.
thasaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-08, 09:48 PM   #782
snakeyez
Last Man Down

Downloads: 6

I'll be bugging you soon for that USS Sand Lance (SS-381) Balao-class kill flag.

The thing I've never understood was that it had 2 different patches, but this seems to be the more popular of the 2:

SUBMARINEMUSEUMS.ORG - These are the submarines in your neighborhood! Get involved, they need you.
Doyle Blalock - the life of my WWII submarine veteran grandfather.
Drum228.org - devoted to the Gato-class museum sub USS Drum (SS-228) complete with war patrol reports, historical info, and restoration progress.
snakeyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-08, 10:01 PM   #783
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Just an FYI, since i know sub skins are the speciallty here

Next update to TM, ive thrown ya'all a wee bit of a curve ball, in relation to the Tambor and Gar classes.

In the past,
- the midwar configuration was using the Gato's MS/9 paintjob since i had it using its tower.

- The late war configuration was using the Tambor/Gars Ms/32 paint since i wasnt borrowing towers.

- The Elite/late war configuratio was using the Gato's Ms/32 paint since i was borrowing towers again. (i think, i dont remember what paint i was using here).

Thats all changed.

Ive cloned the Gato's midwar and elite towers so now the Tambor /gar has its own. I then changed the texture name those towers exepct so the texture is unique, so Its not borrowing skins anymore.

Any borrowing of sub skins skins after i update TM, (no ETA) will no longer happen. No skin will effect any other boat except the one its meant for. There is two file changes however.

The midwar Tambor/gar shader skin (the one that starts with an O), has its own name. Its the default name (TamborTower) with an A appended at the end of it. This skin comes from the gato, but now Tambor/Gar has its own unique version of it. So when skinning, use the Gato's midwar (half cut) skins, and save it as the new unique skin name for this tower.

The Elite Tower skin is an entirely new skin, also derived from gato's, but now Tambor/Gar has its own version of this one as well.

Id name filenames more exact, but i dont have any of them in front of me. Just wanted to give a heads up while i remember to do so.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-08, 01:10 PM   #784
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeyez
I'll be bugging you soon for that USS Sand Lance (SS-381) Balao-class kill flag.

The thing I've never understood was that it had 2 different patches, but this seems to be the more popular of the 2:
Just send us a commissioning request whenever you be ready, skipper, and we'll get to bulilding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus
Just an FYI, since i know sub skins are the speciallty here

Next update to TM, ive thrown ya'all a wee bit of a curve ball, in relation to the Tambor and Gar classes.

<all kinds of good stuff snipped that I'll never be able to remember, but will save in a text file somewhere (hopefully will remember where that is:hmm: )>

Id name filenames more exact, but i dont have any of them in front of me. Just wanted to give a heads up while i remember to do so.
Thanks for the heads up, sir . I believe we'll try to come up with a TM "users guide" to killflags skins. It would drive me, personally, crazy trying to remember who needed the TM changes and who didn't. But, in thinking about it, I don't think there is any reason why I couldn't write a batch program to do the renaming necessary to make the skins work correctly with TM. Gonna have to ruminate on that one for a minute or 1,200 and see what we can do. Definitely appreciate the info

RSM-GIEP-Killflags-LV Tribute-Playable Elco __Peace be with you, Dave.

Digital_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-08, 05:09 AM   #785
DrBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Trucker
Gonna have to ruminate on that one for a minute or 1,200 and see what we can do. Definitely appreciate the info
Your 1200 minutes are up! :rotfl:
No wait...uh...you still got 240 to go

Let the Beast inside you free!
DrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-08, 10:27 AM   #786
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

I guess I should have said 12,000,000 minutes:rotfl: my PC is starting to act like your old one, although I don't think it's the power supply.

Unfortunately, I ordered parts for a new PC (to be delivered on Tuesday) and, just like my last upgrade 3 years ago, my current system got jealous and is trying to go on strike (random restarts when not in safe mode, guessing it's a driver problem).

So, if you've put in for an update recently and haven't received it yet, it may be a few days before I can get them done. My apologies and hopefully everything will get back to "normal" (whatever that is) sometime next week.

Old 04-05-08, 11:08 AM   #787
DrBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
I guess I should have said 12,000,000 minutes:rotfl: my PC is starting to act like your old one, although I don't think it's the power supply.

Unfortunately, I ordered parts for a new PC (to be delivered on Tuesday) and, just like my last upgrade 3 years ago, my current system got jealous and is trying to go on strike (random restarts when not in safe mode, guessing it's a driver problem).
Here's the fun part: turns out it wasn't the motherboard that was making that eerie noise...it was one of the old hard drives! As soon as I plugged it into the new rig, it was "bring the noize!" all over! :rotfl:
Good luck with the upgrade!

Old 04-07-08, 04:54 PM   #788
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Thanks, Beasty. Funny thing on this end, too:rotfl: , it turned out my problem was <insert drum roll> <add rim shot for good luck> stinking Zone Alarm Been meaning to give Comodo a try for a while now, so that's exactly what I'm doing (while waiting with bated breath for UPS delivery). So far, so good. Anyway, got myself caught up just in time to take a few days off to build (and pray for no DOA parts).

Old 04-07-08, 05:24 PM   #789
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Default It's christening time again

Hey, Snakeyez, your Sand Lance is ready to go "down the ways".

http://battleflags.net/miniflags/Bat...akeyez_sig.jpg

http://battleflags.net/miniflags/Com...akeyez_sig.jpg

Sub skin:

http://battleflags.net/killflags/Sna...eyez_Combo.rar

Enjoy, skipper

Old 04-07-08, 06:22 PM   #790
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Default Welcome aboard, Mav87th

Welcome to the killflags family, skipper

Battleflag:

Siggy flag:

Siggy link:

http://battleflags.net/miniflags/Bat...av87th_sig.jpg

Sub skin with conning tower killflags:

http://battleflags.net/killflags/Mav...in%20BLACK.rar

Fly 'em high and enjoy

Old 04-07-08, 11:07 PM   #791
Murphy
Watch

Downloads: 0

Just want to thank you for the recent Update DT.
I doubt you realize how much your work is appreciated....every time I surface, I smile..... .

Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-08, 11:44 PM   #792
Mav87th
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hey DT

Thanks a lot - i should have done this a long time ago. Its a very cool skin and add's a ownership to the boat. Rest assured I will take good care of her.
Old 04-08-08, 05:53 AM   #793
DrBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
Thanks, Beasty. Funny thing on this end, too:rotfl: , it turned out my problem was <insert drum roll> <add rim shot for good luck> stinking Zone Alarm Been meaning to give Comodo a try for a while now, so that's exactly what I'm doing (while waiting with bated breath for UPS delivery). So far, so good. Anyway, got myself caught up just in time to take a few days off to build (and pray for no DOA parts).
Gotta love it when apps run amok! Now that you mentioned UPS, I downloaded a B737 with the UPS livery the other day for Flight Simulator X. If that delivery is taking too long, gimme a holler and I'll fly over to ya myself. Guaranteed to crash on your lawn! :rotfl:

Old 04-08-08, 07:52 AM   #794
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy
Just want to thank you for the recent Update DT.
I doubt you realize how much your work is appreciated....every time I surface, I smile..... .
Thanks, Murph, it's always good to know that one's endeavors are appreciated Everyone here always takes the time to say thanks, that's one of the billion things I like about this place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav87th
Hey DT
Thanks a lot - i should have done this a long time ago. Its a very cool skin and add's a ownership to the boat. Rest assured I will take good care of her.
Funny you should say that, that's exactly how I felt when I finally decided to drive one of sqk's boats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBeast
Gotta love it when apps run amok! Now that you mentioned UPS, I downloaded a B737 with the UPS livery the other day for Flight Simulator X. If that delivery is taking too long, gimme a holler and I'll fly over to ya myself. Guaranteed to crash on your lawn! :rotfl:
You might just have to do that, Beast They got the stuff from LA to the North side of Atlanta (about 2200 miles) in 3 days and left it sitting there (about 40 miles from my house) for 22 hours and didn't bother to get it sent to the location that does the delivery until late last night, so.......... BTW If you crash on my lawn, our dogs will bark and growl and then lick you to death.

Old 04-08-08, 07:59 AM   #795
DrBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
BTW If you crash on my lawn, our dogs will bark and growl and then lick you to death.
I'm pretty sure they won't even bark and growl at me. It's not just because I'm a vet, dogs and I have always been madly in love with each other :rotfl: