SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-15-13, 04:52 AM   #631
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Like I said before , those UPC's are brain killers...
yep, exactly. The main source of confusion is that the settings of every single compartment/equipment are fragmented over several files and different sections within the same file. The best way for figuring out the interconnections between them, is following a single equipment as I did yesterday, and copying/pasting the relevant sections in a new file

Quote:
Is this what you're trying to accomplish Gap?

For example, we can edited balkon gerat upgrade pack form this...

to this...

Code:
[UpgradePack 9]
ID= UpackUb7Balkon
NameDisplayable=UpackIXBalkon_Gerat-Name
Info=UpackIXBalkon_Gerat-Info
Notes=UpackIXBalkon_Gerat-Notes
FunctionalType= UpFTypeSensorSonar
UpgradePackSlotType= UboatType7Hydrophone
Type=NULL
ImageIndex=13
UnitUpgradePackIntervalOptionCurrent= NULL, NULL, NULL
UnitUpgradePackIntervalOptions1=1943-01-01, 1943-10-01, 4000
UnitUpgradePackIntervalOptions1=NULL, 1943-10-01, 4000
UnitUpgradePackIntervalOptions2=1943-10-01, 1944-03-01, 2000
UnitUpgradePackIntervalOptions3=1944-03-01, NULL, 1500
IDLinkUpgradePackElements= EqpBalkonGeratStation, EqpBalkonGerat, EqpKDB
TrackingID=502
Correct, but is there any reason for you having set the UnitUpgradePackIntervalOptionCurrent reward cost to 'NULL' instead of 0?

Quote:
And result will be this...

Balkon apparatus ready for action underwater...

...and also KDB receiver is there...

...and because of changes from RSD, both devices are properly shown in damage menu...

Quote:
Now , what I'm worried about is, how game will react in case of damage/destruction of single component because we only have "single pair" of virtual headsets simulated in SH5.
As far as damage is concerned, I think the game will deal with them as with any other multi-component equipment. The main point is: how are the two sensors going to work together? Seeing that the same hydrophone can accept more than one SensorData controller (R.E.M.), I am pretty optimistic on the AI operator handling the two sets at once, but this must be tested.

On a side note: 'Balkon Gerät' is spelled 'Balkon Great' in your screenie.
...and since we are at it: were did you get those GHG/KDB electric connections from?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-13, 05:54 AM   #632
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post

Correct, but is there any reason for you having set the UnitUpgradePackIntervalOptionCurrent reward cost to 'NULL' instead of 0?
Nope...It was blind shot ...

Quote:
...and since we are at it: were did you get those GHG/KDB electric connections from?
Damage levels shown there come directly from boxes with special zone ID which are applied to main sensors bone from uboat sensors file. Because they are zones with hardcoded properties and only they have abilities to modify .sim controlers when damage is taken, I needed the name which will best fit with those harcoded properties...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-13, 01:07 PM   #633
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Damage levels shown there come directly from boxes with special zone ID which are applied to main sensors bone from uboat sensors file. Because they are zones with hardcoded properties and only they have abilities to modify .sim controlers when damage is taken, I needed the name which will best fit with those harcoded properties...
I don't quite get you: in stock game we have 3 hydrophone slots and and only 2 UI place holders (for some reason the KDB slot didn't have one). In RSD there are 5 UI place holders (including the hydrophone station, not shown in your screenshot). 5 - 3 = 2. How did you manage to add the extra equipments shown in Damage UI? Did you add any new hydrophone slot?
Old 11-15-13, 01:24 PM   #634
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
I don't quite get you: in stock game we have 3 hydrophone slots and and only 2 UI place holders (for some reason the KDB slot didn't have one). In RSD there are 5 UI place holders (including the hydrophone station, not shown in your screenshot). 5 - 3 = 2. How did you manage to add the extra equipments shown in Damage UI? Did you add any new hydrophone slot?
Check upcge and equipment.upc files from RSD. I bet you'll figured out everything..You'll find also some useful tips there...
Old 11-15-13, 01:28 PM   #635
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Check upcge and equipment.upc files from RSD. I bet you'll figured out everything..You'll find also some useful tips there...
Old 11-15-13, 04:33 PM   #636
vdr1981
Navy Seal

This won't work gap... Player interaction with hydrophones is totally messed up and it's different for every submarine type, one destroyed hydrophone will collaps function of the other one ect ... It's like game can't decide which controller should be used. You really need to test this personally...You still don't have SH5 on board?

EDIT:
It looks like AI handling pretty well with multiple controllers from two different objects, but like I said player interaction is heavily effected. One hydrophone station is not enough for two hydrophones...

Last edited by vdr1981; 11-15-13 at 04:57 PM.
Old 11-15-13, 04:39 PM   #637
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
You still don't have SH5 on board?
continuous wonderful teamwork gap and vdr1981. Do you mean this message for volodya61, not gap?
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-13, 04:58 PM   #638
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
continuous wonderful teamwork gap and vdr1981. Do you mean this message for volodya61, not gap?
It's for gap...He had GPU overheating problems with his laptop before...
Old 11-15-13, 06:47 PM   #639
raymond6751
Admirable Mike

Downloads: 421
Uploads: 0
Default Info please

From the thread heading I understand this is a work in progress. You provide links for downloading. Is this intended for us to 'test' your mod?

Also, what is the Hydrophone mod (second download) indicated in relation to the main damage mod? Does it fix the first download? Is it a required fix?

Thanks for your efforts.
Old 11-16-13, 06:13 AM   #640
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond6751 View Post
From the thread heading I understand this is a work in progress. You provide links for downloading. Is this intended for us to 'test' your mod?

Also, what is the Hydrophone mod (second download) indicated in relation to the main damage mod? Does it fix the first download? Is it a required fix?

Thanks for your efforts.
Yep, the mod is ready to go and it extensively tested although every suggestion is welcome . It's still WIP because constant updates require restart of campaigns but mostly it's only fine tuning. RSD/REM update is not required but it is recommended...Just use sobers list as reference and prepare to be destroyed, flooded, blown away, sunken ect ...
Old 11-16-13, 06:20 AM   #641
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Maybe this?

This actually works ...
Old 11-17-13, 05:32 AM   #642
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Okay, I got the picture now:

'electric connections' entries shown in the damage management interface are the actual sensor slots, whereas hydrophone 'sensor' entries are the new slots you have added. The latter are dummies, because they are not linked to any bone on boat's 3d model, and they are not functionally related to hydrophones, because they are not listed among the other ListeningGear subsystem slots, in the FunctionalSubsystem section of UPCGE files. They are nonetheless linked to a couple of dummy equipments (HydSensZone and KDBHydSensZone), and they will likely get damage when the bow compartment is damaged. Moreover, through Father zone settings, they are connected to the functional equipment slots, so that when an 'electric connection' equipment is damaged/destroyed, also the dummy 'sensor' is affected, and conversely when a 'sensor' is damaged, also the corresponding 'electric connection' is. Is this correct?

What I miss now is: I am sure there had to be some advantage for you to devise such a complicated plan, but which one?
Old 11-17-13, 06:24 AM   #643
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
This won't work gap... Player interaction with hydrophones is totally messed up and it's different for every submarine type, one destroyed hydrophone will collaps function of the other one ect ... It's like game can't decide which controller should be used.

EDIT:
It looks like AI handling pretty well with multiple controllers from two different objects, but like I said player interaction is heavily effected.
This is good news actually. If AI can handle the two sensors, we are alfways across the solution.

Summing up, AI detection works as supposed, whereas human detection works well until one or both sensors get damaged. From then on, the game keeps switching among the two controllers. Is this correct? Have you done your tests with R.E.M. enabled? If so, my advise is to disable it for further testing: given its usage of multiple controllers on the same sensor, it could contribute to the problem.

Quote:
One hydrophone station is not enough for two hydrophones...
Possible, but we need to investigate it further. I have some tests in mind, but I will wait for your answer before going on with them

Quote:
You really need to test this personally...You still don't have SH5 on board?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
Quote:
It's for gap...He had GPU overheating problems with his laptop before...
Thank you for your nice words Mike

SH5 is always installed on my system, but unfortunately the GPU overheating problem still persists. I have abused my laptop in the past, and I am now paying the consequences. I can still play the game for short periods or even a bit longer if I place a big fan on its backside LOL, but I prefer not to stress too much my poor GPU, if possible

Last edited by gap; 11-17-13 at 06:39 AM.
Old 11-17-13, 06:39 AM   #644
vdr1981
Navy Seal

v5.4 Modifications:
- Fixed torpedo screen bug
- Damage menu functionally rearranged, regarding equipment's purpose.
- Removed incorrectly placed connecting lines form submarine pictures (Tnx GAP! )
- Rongel's changes for equipment.upc also fixes older bug when player couldn't select desired camouflage for submarine. Tumb Up Rongel!
- Added irreparable "hull integrity" for every individual compartment
- Red distress flare effect "turned on" again
- Revised HP/AP and repair times settings for the equipment
- Used different repair logic for submarine batteries, batteries are repairable but only certain percentage of their capacity can be retrieved. In other words, crew can repair only what's left of batteries...
- Save bug even more subdued with introduction of newly added savable zones which will act like "damage collectors" . This effects equipment which shouldn't be repairable at open seas, like planes, rudders, Shafts, GHG/ Balkon Great receivers ect.
New campaign is needed.

The problem is this...Different from other equipment, hydrophone sensors will become unusable for player soon as even slightest damage is taken. So I move damage zones inside the u-boat, give them faster repair time in the attempt to simulate some kind of damage which should be repairable at open seas...This means that players ability to use hydrophones will be restored after damage is taken, but when enough damage is accumulated in the zones from main sub model, hydrophones will be destroyed...

Basically what I'm trying to accomplish is to analyse hardoced properties of special zones ID's and after that to use them in best possible way.

Further more take Main pump for example...I discovered that damage taken form this zone effects only submarine ability to maintain depth and to manage buoyancy . Water from flooded compartments will always will be pumped out at the same rate regardless of pumps been destroyed or not... So, from next update Main pump slot will be called "Variable ballast tanks pumps" (because it is just that) and when variable ballast tanks gets destroyed this will collapse function of the pumps also...
Old 11-17-13, 08:34 AM   #645
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
The problem is this...Different from other equipment, hydrophone sensors will become unusable for player soon as even slightest damage is taken. So I move damage zones inside the u-boat...
Thus the naming "electric connections"

Quote:
...give them faster repair time in the attempt to simulate some kind of damage which should be repairable at open seas...
Yes, but as you have set them, they will get damage as soon as the bow compartment is damaged, no matter how close to the actual sensor the explosion was.

Quote:
This means that players ability to use hydrophones will be restored after damage is taken, but when enough damage is accumulated in the zones from main sub model, hydrophones will be destroyed...
Couldn't you just use the hydrophone station slot for this purpose? Aren't listening functionalities affected by damage to the station? If not, you could set the hydro station zone as father of sensor zones as you did with the new 'damage accumulator' slots. If possible, I would get rid of the latter or at least I would hide them from the damage UI and call the sensor slots "GHG/KDB/Balkon apparatus", meaning the sensors together with their relay and wiring systems which could have been fixed from within the sub.

Quote:
Further more take Main pump for example...I discovered that damage taken form this zone effects only submarine ability to maintain depth and to manage buoyancy . Water from flooded compartments will always will be pumped out at the same rate regardless of pumps been destroyed or not... So, from next update Main pump slot will be called "Variable ballast tanks pumps" (because it is just that) and when variable ballast tanks gets destroyed this will collapse function of the pumps also...