SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-28-11, 11:58 PM   #6136
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
If you hear the sound that means the scope is moving. Is the scope picture inside the scope height box moving when you hit the arrows? The obs scope will not fully lower with the arrow keys or keyboard keys. In order for it to fully lower you have to leave the obs scope station.

Here's a description of what I see when I go to the obs scope.

- The sound of a moving scope I hear alright but it doesn't move.
- The animation of the rising scope isn't there. It's simply already at the top.
- The scope height indicator inside the box doesn't move, not at all. It's stuck at the top so the indicator is right - the scope is fully risen but there it stays.
- The four arrow buttons above and under the indicator start the sound. Nothing else.
- When leaving the scope I hear the sound of a moving scope.
- If I go to external cam the scope is fully down.
- When standing on the bridge and use the keyboardbuttons the obs scope moves both up and down and I can control the hight. It stops wherever I like.
- Even in external view the scope reacts on the keyboard commands.

It's just inside when standing at the obs scope it won't move.
Hope this helps.

Cheers

//

Last edited by Silent Steel; 01-29-11 at 12:09 AM.
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 08:23 AM   #6137
Redtail
Seaman

Downloads: 210

TDW, I dont appear to be able to get the radio message options sreen to appear. There is no toggle switch visable at the bottom right of the radio message screen I have looked to see if its an option inthe TDW options file, but that would not appear to be the case. I am patched up to no6.
Any thoughts Everything else appears to work as it should with your Multiple UIs
Redtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 09:42 AM   #6138
lesec74
Ensign

Downloads: 259

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
TDW, I dont appear to be able to get the radio message options sreen to appear. There is no toggle switch visable at the bottom right of the radio message screen I have looked to see if its an option inthe TDW options file, but that would not appear to be the case. I am patched up to no6.
Any thoughts Everything else appears to work as it should with your Multiple UIs
I'm in the same case.
lesec74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 10:48 AM   #6139
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtail View Post
can you post a screenshot of the radio message box so I can see what you have/don't have?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 12:42 PM   #6140
Gravina
Watch

Downloads: 146
Some problems here

Was trying to figure out to solve my problem and i find out that not adding the Page Deffault Hud.py solve my problem, also y open both files with WinMerge and see some drastic diferences in both, can you point me to the line where are done modifications in speed,depth dials and time compression bar?, also i need to know wich line are linked someway with ship´s journel to implement this function correctly (seems is not working properlly RN).

Gravina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 01:07 PM   #6141
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravina View Post
Was trying to figure out to solve my problem and i find out that not adding the Page Deffault Hud.py solve my problem, also y open both files with WinMerge and see some drastic diferences in both, can you point me to the line where are done modifications in speed,depth dials and time compression bar?, also i need to know wich line are linked someway with ship´s journel to implement this function correctly (seems is not working properlly RN).

What are you doing? Are you installing the mod or are you trying to piecemeal something of your own works? If the latter I cannot help you.
Old 01-29-11, 01:23 PM   #6142
Gravina
Watch

Downloads: 146
Some problems here

LOL,i have the mod installed but have those problems i show you in the others
replys only was trying to solve them and figure out why i have them installing the patch when supposedly the game shoud work better with the patch.

And not, i don´t have the knowledge to make any kind of work but i can compare files and see what are the diferences tbqh.

So if you can help me ill be deeply grateful .
Gravina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 01:26 PM   #6143
Redtail
Seaman

TDW, pic as requested of the radio message page.
Old 01-29-11, 01:44 PM   #6144
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Looks like patch was not applied correctly. Are you sure the patch was installed correctly?
Old 01-29-11, 02:03 PM   #6145
Redtail
Seaman

TDW, Do I just patch over each one or do I just load patch 6? I currantly have all three loaded over writing as each one loads I hope that is the correct way.
Old 01-29-11, 02:10 PM   #6146
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

You only need the latest patch. Open up the MODS folder of the patch and copy the needed folders to your MODS folder allowing it to overwrite the files it needs.
Old 01-29-11, 02:52 PM   #6147
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

got a PM from someone pointing out a problem with the Track Angle dial in the All Dials mode. I've fixed that problem now and am wondering is there any other problems I've missed that I should include in next patch?

EDIT:

this patch will include a new user option that will let you specify the number of times for the radio messages icon to flash when a new radio message is received (use -1 for indefinite)

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 01-29-11 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-29-11, 03:53 PM   #6148
Redtail
Seaman

Thanks for the info regarding the correct method of patching.I was not doing it that way.However having started again I still cant get it to show correctly Leave me in a dark room to play for a while,to sort the problem out
Old 01-29-11, 03:58 PM   #6149
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Hi TDW,

I just tested (for 2 days) the ''real nav'' (learned how to play that with a big help of the sobers side).

I never had such a joy playing the sh5 as i have now (i use Magnum Opus and NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_Real_Navigation).

So, thank you very much TDW for your wonderful work - you made sh5 a real ,,subsim''.

As an advice for you guys (from my side) - give a try to the NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_Real_Navigation (it is not such a hard thing to play like seems to the first look - i started to play sh5 only 3 months ago and i am not a sharp mind - so, if i have learned you will for sure, too)

This thread from here will give you a little idea:http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=179643 and http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=174400 post #46 and #48

By the way, TDW, maybe you ask sober to make a new tread with full explanations and detalied pictures about ,,real nav,, (he is very good at that) or ask Travelly to make a tutorial like the new one very very well made ( i am speaking about travally RAOFB). If we will have somthing like that i am sure a lot more people will enable the ,,NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_Real_Navigation '' mod.

Best regards and respect

Last edited by stoianm; 01-29-11 at 04:30 PM.
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-11, 06:12 PM   #6150
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

next version of UIs mod will include the following:

- fixed bug of track angle dial in way of FaT/LuT dials when those are enabled
- added new user option that specifies the number of times the radio messages icon in the top right lower bar flashes. Default value is -1 (indefinite) (RadioMessagesFlashTime)
- added new user option that specifies whether the radio messages feature is enabled or not. Default value is True (enabled) (RadioMessagesEnabled)

Should have next patch version (it will be a complete version since people have been having problems with patches) ready here soon.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui