SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-20-10, 03:35 PM   #46
Nausicaa
Mate

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 0

Well, sorry to say...not in my case

here the result with your files sent via PM installed:

Old 06-20-10, 03:36 PM   #47
Nausicaa
Mate

And PS: I find this constant automatic changing of avatars annoying lol - I dont recongize myself. Is there no way to have a custom avatar ?
Old 06-20-10, 03:53 PM   #48
Fattysbox
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 16

TDW,

Just installed the latest version and still the same problem - 0.0 on mast height.

Also, the ship is identified as a large steamer, but this does not come up in the recog manual.

file:///C:/Ubisoft/Silent%20Hunter%205/SH5Img@2010-06-20_16.48.15.bmp

* edit * Ho won earth do you upload a pic onto Subsim?

* edit again* yeah, short of uploading a pci onto flickr or some other site, which I don't have time for at this moment, I'm getting the exact same problem nausicaa, but I can't find certain ships in the recog manual. Is there another mod that needs to go with it? Enhanced ship recog manual perhaps? Also, let me know if you still want me to debug

Last edited by Fattysbox; 06-20-10 at 04:14 PM.
Fattysbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-10, 04:16 PM   #49
Nausicaa
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattysbox View Post
TDW,

Just installed the latest version and still the same problem - 0.0 on mast height.

Also, the ship is identified as a large steamer, but this does not come up in the recog manual.

file:///C:/Ubisoft/Silent%20Hunter%205/SH5Img@2010-06-20_16.48.15.bmp

* edit * Ho won earth do you upload a pic onto Subsim?
I have the same problem - some ships are not in the recon manual....some are. I wonder if that is the core of the problem actually..
But the mastheights of those which are, are also on "0,0".

Pics: upload the image to a image hosting site like image shack. Then link to here.
Old 06-20-10, 05:08 PM   #50
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

I'll keep investigating why you all are having a problem I'll let you know what other info I need.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-10, 05:57 PM   #51
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

did anyone get their popups working? If you did then I have something else to try.
Old 06-21-10, 12:24 PM   #52
Fattysbox
Machinist's Mate

TDW,

OK, installed 3.0.7 and got some screenies for you. Mast height is always entered at 99.9

Also, there is no large steamer (war supplies) in the recog manual (see pic). It gets identified as such but I can't find it in the recog manual.

Old 06-21-10, 04:37 PM   #53
ShoCkwaVe
Bosun

Downloads: 27

Quote:
TDW,
Also, there is no large steamer (war supplies) in the recog manual (see pic). It gets identified as such but I can't find it in the recog manual.
I wouldn't concern yourself about that, @ some point some1 will start
importing ships & release one big fleet pack so if you fix that it will just
have to be *re*fixed back the way it was.

<Snip>Misposted</Snip>

Last edited by ShoCkwaVe; 06-21-10 at 05:04 PM.
ShoCkwaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-10, 08:11 PM   #54
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

ok, I think I finally figured out the problem some users are having. It's an encoding problem caused by myself. This makes perfect sense since anyone using English has no problems - others using different languages have problems. I'm going to release v3.0.8 here soon using the 'new' way of getting the mast heights from the files. Hopefully users of different languages will get automatic mast height data working finally

Got the encoding correct. Now the user's language special characters are displayed (and more importantly every ship has a mast height just like english users have):

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 06-21-10 at 08:44 PM.
Old 06-21-10, 10:20 PM   #55
Fattysbox
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post

Got the encoding correct. Now the user's language special characters are displayed (and more importantly every ship has a mast height just like english users have):
Yeah but what about english users? As far as I'm concerned, my version was english and I still got the same errors.
Old 06-21-10, 10:22 PM   #56
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Yeah but what about english users? As far as I'm concerned, my version was english and I still got the same errors.
yeah but you're system encoding might be set to something else. Did you try v3.0.8 to see if it works or not?
Old 06-22-10, 10:02 AM   #57
Fattysbox
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
yeah but you're system encoding might be set to something else. Did you try v3.0.8 to see if it works or not?

TDW,

IT WORKED. Short of showing a screenie, locked onto a large steamer and it got identified as a penguin class. Went to take the range, and the mast height of the pengiun class was updated.

However, ships are missing int he recog manual still.

Also, I installed the debug program but no dice. As in nothing happened (no pop ups) when loaded up my game with 3.0.8 installed.
Old 06-22-10, 10:14 AM   #58
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
TDW,

IT WORKED. Short of showing a screenie, locked onto a large steamer and it got identified as a penguin class. Went to take the range, and the mast height of the pengiun class was updated.

However, ships are missing int he recog manual still.

Also, I installed the debug program but no dice. As in nothing happened (no pop ups) when loaded up my game with 3.0.8 installed.
Excellent Glad to hear it's finally working.
Please uninstall the debug program. It's not needed with this version as this version includes debug code in it.
Now the reason some ships are missing is that patch 1.2 took them out of the rec manual. I have yet to fix that problem that Ubi introduced.
Old 06-22-10, 10:25 AM   #59
Fattysbox
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
Now the reason some ships are missing is that patch 1.2 took them out of the rec manual. I have yet to fix that problem that Ubi introduced.

Lovely... How could a patch **** things up even more? I thought they were meant to fix things

Any quick work arounds? Can we input the mast height manually? If yes is there a list of mast heights I can get?

Cheers and thanks for troubleshooting this!

J
Old 06-22-10, 10:31 AM   #60
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Lovely... How could a patch **** things up even more? I thought they were meant to fix things

Any quick work arounds? Can we input the mast height manually? If yes is there a list of mast heights I can get?

Cheers and thanks for troubleshooting this!

J
there are no quick work arounds short of editing the ship's files and restoring them back to the rec manual. It's not hard to do but currently I'm on the road and can't access the files to tell you how to do it. There's an entry in the ship's .cfg file if I remember correctly that says showinrecmanual. They set some ships to False for this to take them out of the rec manual. If it's not in the .cfg file it's in one of those that are editable with notepad.