SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-10-14, 04:44 PM   #4636
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

I can enter the Black Pit without CTD using silentotto No time to test Kiel as the graveyard shifts have got the better of me . I guess Kiel will be ok if The Black Pit is . Hats Off .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-14, 05:21 PM   #4637
Echolot
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 567
Uploads: 0

Quote:
updates for v2.3.1

OHIIv2.3.1
Fixed error in museum where viewing the mini sub would cause ctd - thanks Flamm for the fix
added segre65 overhaul to the plane - this added many missing planes and updates their abilities to attack. Updates include AircraftCarrier. Thanks serge, this was a lot of work

added sober reworked terrain Wilhelmshaven
added Serges new missions where patrol/sink missions are swapped out for patrol only
Added Rongels spark effect only
Added Gaps fixes for library files
Thank you very much guys.

Echolot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-14, 06:30 PM   #4638
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1132

Running v2.3.1 Just had first ctd. Had 3 German warships behind. Spotted Polish mine layer and destroyer about 10k away. Dived to periscope depth. Let them pass through. Came up to decks awash. Replotted course.
Polish warships turned to starboard as though heading for Danzig. Toggled advance mode to change speed and select 7 knots ctd. I will pick up last save and see what happens.
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-14, 07:43 PM   #4639
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1132

Picked up previous saved 23.07 and played until 00.37 torpedoed the minelayer no further faults since
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-14, 10:41 PM   #4640
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
That is just the beginning Trevally. I have found a lot of good information about the Soviet Norther Fleet, that needs only to be put in my chart by our Russian buddies. I hope they make up their minds to work on this project before I learn Russian. Давай, ребята!
Sorry Gabriele ..
I'm too lazy past half a year ..
Maybe because I almost lost interest because of unexplained and constant CTDs when I trying to enable all mods that I want ..

Quote:
All we need to do is answering the following questions:

who? (regiment, squadron, etc; this is optional though)
what planes? (name and variant if available)
how many of them? (if available)
where? (airfield names)
when? (from when to when)
I'm afraid this info is still not in an orderly manner in the net.. or, at least I can't find it in this form.. most of the information of our archives are still on paper only, and these archives are still closed or limited for free access..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Open Horizons II v2.3.1
Sink em all
Thanks a lot John
You don't give up

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-14, 02:13 AM   #4641
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Sorry Serge, for some obscure reason I was convinced that you were Russian

Reading reports by our subsim mates where they sink hundred of thounsand tons per patol, no matter patrol area or date, really pissed me off. Clearly this must change.

Air coverage, i.e. number, type and range of planes employed in any given area/time, played a key role in the Battle of the Atlantic at least since 1942 onwards. We have still a modest number of warplanes in OH, but there are tens of them waiting for being imported in campaign, and placing them according to historical information is not only a matter of eye candy imo.
If they played my mega mod list on 100% realism then there is no way you could get big tonnage after british coastal waters . Its too hard . Shot up by unseen destoyers at night . rammed by unseen destroyers in heavy seas at night . That's just the Baltic .

Last edited by THE_MASK; 01-11-14 at 02:28 AM.
Old 01-11-14, 06:51 AM   #4642
mikaelanderlund
Captain

Downloads: 267

Someone using these two mods "SkyBaron's Leigh lights" and "SH5 External Cargo" together with OHII 2.3.1? Any problems reported? Thanks
mikaelanderlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-14, 10:04 AM   #4643
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
I can enter the Black Pit without CTD using silentotto No time to test Kiel as the graveyard shifts have got the better of me . I guess Kiel will be ok if The Black Pit is . Hats Off .
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Picked up previous saved 23.07 and played until 00.37 torpedoed the minelayer no further faults since
Apparently the ctd fix mission is accomplished guys, but keep your reports coming in case you notice anything wrong with the new OH's version

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
Sorry Gabriele ..
I'm too lazy past half a year ..
Maybe because I almost lost interest because of unexplained and constant CTDs when I trying to enable all mods that I want ..
Володя мой друг

there is no need to say sorry. Modding this game is just an hobby and I, for sure, won't blame you if you don't feel like getting involved into this umpteenth project. On the contrary, I regret lacking the skills for motivating you...

Quote:
I'm afraid this info is still not in an orderly manner in the net.. or, at least I can't find it in this form.. most of the information of our archives are still on paper only, and these archives are still closed or limited for free access..
I partly agree.

Putting the information we have 'in an orderly manner' is exactly our task. I am sure that not everything about WWII Soviet Air Forces is of public domain , but have you seen the resources I have linked in one of my previous posts (link)? There is a lot of useful information in them, and even charts with dates, squadrons, airfields, aircraft models and their numbers.

Also useful are the notes contained for most airfields in the Soviet airfields atlas from sukhoi.ru.

To complete the picture, there is the general information I have posted here and here, and the list of Soviet aircraft we can model in game, with Vlad's comments, not to mention your and Vlad's lists of the most prominet Soviet airfields during the "Great Patrioctic War".

The above resources account for much more data than the modest information I have entered in my google document. I was hoping that someone else, more familiar with Russian, would have followed my example.

Every little contribution is a step forward, so don't be afraid to add even a single row at a time. Each row should answer the questions I have mentioned yesterday, but if you can't find all the answers, this is also okay: just mark missing data with a question mark. Maybe someone else will be able to fill in the gap. If not, never mind: when the moment comes, Trevally will do it out of his judgement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
If they played my mega mod list on 100% realism then there is no way you could get big tonnage after british coastal waters . Its too hard . Shot up by unseen destoyers at night . rammed by unseen destroyers in heavy seas at night . That's just the Baltic .
What about "rammed by unseen UFO's"?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-14, 12:00 PM   #4644
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
The above resources account for much more data than the modest information I have entered in my google document. I was hoping that someone else, more familiar with Russian, would have followed my example..
Okay.. I'll try to get a closer look in the next days

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-14, 12:46 PM   #4645
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Okay.. I'll try to get a closer look in the next days
Thank you mate!

Useless to say that the google document I have created is 'open', so everyone with its link can edit it, no need of a google account. Any edit to the document is updated in real time, i.e. everyone will be able to check the progress and, on turn, to make his contribution.

If you put your hands on it, I am sure many other Russian members will join your effort. I would be glad to help myself, but google translate doesn't grab the subtleties of your language, and very often I couldn't decide which one of two translations with opposite meanings was the correct one

What, no doubt, I can do, is importing in game the missing Soviet planes
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-14, 03:29 PM   #4646
Serge65
A-ganger

Downloads: 59

I can't get access to on-line chart.

118th MRR, 72th mixed AR, 24th Liaison Flight and 34th Air Resque Flight - there was one overland airdrome (Vaenga-1) and three hydroairdromes (in a Guba Gryaznaya, on the lake Holmovsky and on the Big Solovetsky island)

118th Marine Recognnaissance Regiment:
Aircraft operated to 22.06.41 - 35(37) MBR-2 and 7 GST(PBY-1)
07.07.1941 one squadron MBR-2 (10 planes?) reposition to Morzhovets Island and one unit (3 planes?) of this squadron reposition to Yokanga (now Gremicha).
22-27.09.1941 in regiment added +7 Che-2(MDR-6)

72th Mixed Aviation Regiment (based Vaenga-1):
Aircraft operated to 22.06.41 - 4 I-16, 17 I-153, 28 I-15 bis, 11 SB
July 1941 +9 SB, +10 MiG-3, +2 Pe-2
September 1941 +?Hurricane
11 November 1941 +3 DB-3F

I will search still.
Serge65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-14, 05:19 AM   #4647
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Spotted what looked like FW200 Condors of the British east coast .
Ok , maybe not . Crash dive

Last edited by THE_MASK; 01-12-14 at 07:34 AM.
Old 01-12-14, 07:13 AM   #4648
IFRT-WHUFC
Engineer

Not sure if this has any significance with any crashes but

Air\ALBS_H8K Equipment does not contain sequentially ordered entries.

Jumps from [Equipment 48] to [Equipment 53]

Rick
IFRT-WHUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-14, 10:05 AM   #4649
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelanderlund View Post
Someone using these two mods "SkyBaron's Leigh lights" and "SH5 External Cargo" together with OHII 2.3.1? Any problems reported? Thanks
Hm, not so far...

Describe the problem and I'll try to replicate it...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-14, 11:08 AM   #4650
Serge65
A-ganger

Downloads: 59

The organisation of ВВС РККА in 1938-09.1942

1. Flight - 3 planes

2. Squadron:
Bombing - 4 flight (12 planes)
Attack - 3 flight + 1 reserve flight (12 planes)
Fighter - 5 flight (15 planes)

Since August, 10th 1941 all squadrons - 3 flight + 1 plane of the commander (10 planes)
Serge65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awesome, campaign, graf zeppelin, harbour, new bases, new ships, ohii