SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-06-09, 01:32 PM   #4306
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Hi all,

I am just playing my first real career with GWX and it is great! Thanks to all involved for creating this great mod! Unfortunately, I have encountered two small issues.

1. I am playing with the Typ IIA at the moment and after a crash dive the camera in the comand room stays in a steep angle although the boat has already leveled out. Is there any trick to get a leveled view again in the game?

2. I have done now 8 patrols with the IIA and sunk roughly 60 000 tons, but I could not yet promote anyone from my crew. Quite a few of the guys have enough experience for the next rank, but I can only give medals to them. Is it supposed to be like that or is there something wrong with my installation or with using SHCommander?

Thanks in advance for any help and thanks again for the great mod.

Cheers, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-09, 03:20 PM   #4307
andym
Weps

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 2

Are you waiting to promote/assign jobs to the crew when at sea or in harbour.I think you can only do that with SH commander in harbour.Also if youre using GWX3 make sure you have the SH3 Commander GWX3 files installed.
Old 04-06-09, 04:22 PM   #4308
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Thanks for the reply. I would like to promote them in the game (after patrol when you can also give medals), not in SHCommander.

GWX files for SHCommander are installed and working fine. I don't think it is connected to SHCommander.

Does anyone know what are the criteria for being allowed to promote crew members?

Cheers, LGN1
Old 04-06-09, 04:29 PM   #4309
irish1958
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 320
Uploads: 11

Gawen,
Jimbune is right; you have residual files somewhere on your machine; A "menuIDxxxxxxxnot found means that your menu_1064_768.ini file is screwed-up and is looking for something that is either is not there or has been replaced it when it wasn't supposed to have been.
If it is a Vista machine, it might be in "virtual store". If it XP, it is probably time to format your hard drive and start over. When I was running XP I would format my hard drive every 12 months or so, and it is amazing how many problems disappeared.

LGN1, I don't know why your control room is tipped. You haven't been into the rum cabinet have you?
How the game promotes is a mistery to me. I use CMDR to do it, and if necessary goose up the renown and experience in the cfg files (as CMDR will not promote unless you meet the criteria.)
Old 04-07-09, 06:35 PM   #4310
Gawen
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish1958 View Post
Gawen,
Jimbune is right; you have residual files somewhere on your machine; A "menuIDxxxxxxxnot found means that your menu_1064_768.ini file is screwed-up and is looking for something that is either is not there or has been replaced it when it wasn't supposed to have been.
If it is a Vista machine, it might be in "virtual store".
It's Vista. But, really, I don't want to spend the time screwing around with it.
Too bad this 3.0 mod isn't on a disc and available for a small nominal fee.
Gawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-09, 11:29 AM   #4311
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Thanks to this thread

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...g+angle&page=4

I could reproduce the bug and find a fix. It happens if one clicks on the chief engineer (he turns around) during a crash dive and 'un'-clicks him again during the dive. After this procedure the view is tilted (at least in the IIA). However, if one waits with 'un'-clicking until the boat has leveled out again the view is fine.

If the view is tilted one can fix it by doing a crash dive, clicking on the chief engineer, and waiting until the boat levels out.

Concerning the promotions: I have used the search function to look for any information about what determines whether you are allowed to promote crew members. Unfortunately, I have not found any solid data. If it depends only on the success of the previous patrol it is not surprising that it is very hard to get promotions for your crew with a IIA boat because you have only 5 torpedos.

Cheers, LGN1
Old 04-11-09, 04:55 AM   #4312
Albrecht Wendelin
Nub

Downloads: 1
Default Compass / dials / stopwatch

Hello,

Great job on the GWX. I really like it except the large sliding out compass and the engineers report and stopwatch / repeater. Is it possible to remove them? how?
Albrecht Wendelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-09, 03:06 PM   #4313
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

WELCOME ABOARD!

Instructions for removing the slideout compass here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...52&postcount=4

The repeater I can't help with right now, but you can just put the cursor on the shadow below the bottom of it and move it completely off the top of the screen. It will stay gone until the next time you load the game, when you'll have to do it again.
Old 04-11-09, 05:22 PM   #4314
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome aboard Albrecht

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-09, 07:21 PM   #4315
irish1958
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 320
Uploads: 11

To remove the repeater: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=107580
Old 04-12-09, 04:22 PM   #4316
Laserg
Swabbie

Downloads: 32

Questions are answered...

Last edited by Laserg; 04-13-09 at 03:10 AM.
Laserg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-09, 04:59 PM   #4317
Albrecht Wendelin
Nub

Downloads: 1

Many thanks.

I was right when I started messing around with the cfg file, but I completetly overlooked the ini file. Does anyone know which positions are responsible for the engineers report (sliding out of the left side of the screen)?

My first patrol and I hit a patch of land on my way out of the Kiel canal, while following the preplotted course.
Albrecht Wendelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-09, 12:53 AM   #4318
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albrecht Wendelin View Post
My first patrol and I hit a patch of land on my way out of the Kiel canal, while following the preplotted course.
You'll need to review the GWX manual on the Kiel canal egress/ingress preplotted course. It works flawlessly as long as it is used properly. Have tested it myself.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-09, 02:23 AM   #4319
ichso
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 57

If you let the course through kiel canal be plotted while you're still docked, it works just fine.
But if you travel a few 100's of meters before using the plotting optin it might already be unable to work because the course gets plotted from your current position on and is not directly related to the canal or the land surrounding it. It is just a fixed route that origins at your current position.
That's why you need to do it as the manual says, when still being docked at kiel.
ichso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-09, 12:41 PM   #4320
cemtufekci
Bosun

Downloads: 73

I experienced a premature detonation which did'nt alert the jonnies. Is it normal or a bug?
cemtufekci is offline   Reply With Quote