Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-12-20, 06:06 PM   #361
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
...now it is statues and streets, what will be next ?
Our history books or books with wrong contents?

Just remember: we have always been at war with Eastasia.
Old 06-12-20, 07:49 PM   #362
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

BLM quote, "We got to keep this thing going"
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 09:09 PM   #363
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Most Confederate statues were set up in order to propagate the Lost Cause myth, and as such are actually part of an attempt to rewrite history.

If the statues are removed and placed in museums where they can be viewed in a historically accurate context, then the historical record has not been destroyed, it’s been corrected.

It should also be noted that General Robert E. Lee himself was opposed to the creation of CSA monuments. He was of the opinion that such monuments would simply reopen the wounds that the war had left in America and lead to more division and conflict in the future, which was contrary to his desire for America to heal from the war and reunite together as one nation.

It’s also natural for a community to remove monuments that no longer reflect their views. Should countries formerly occupied by the USSR keep their Bolshevik statues and monuments in public places? Is it wrong for Britain to remove statues of Jimmy Saville?

Last edited by Cybermat47; 06-12-20 at 09:50 PM.
Cybermat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-20, 04:19 AM   #364
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Meet Anthony Johnson, The First Person To Ever Own A Slave In America - And He Was A Black Man.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-20, 05:23 AM   #365
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Meet Anthony Johnson, The First Person To Ever Own A Slave In America - And He Was A Black Man.
Not true. Just looked him up and he was captured as a slave in Africa, shipped to America and worked as an indentured servant there for a white man named Bennet, gained his freedom, then owned his own indentured servants.

I’m not sure how this is relevant, anyway. The fact that black people were involved in the trans-Atlantic slave trade has been known for a long time. And Anthony Johnson doesn’t have a statue.
Old 06-13-20, 05:55 AM   #366
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 260

Here in the UK it is getting worse, they have already started pulling down statues, defacing cenotaphs, burning the the Union Jack.
Now there is talk of changing street names and taking books off the shelves, they are trying to erase history.

At first some people supported their message that black people were being put down as lower class etc but now a lot a turning against them, they a causing a bigger divide, it seems the ones who a most racist is the BLM.

I copied this from another site but it's true:

I have been wondering about why whites are racists, and no other race is?
There are British Africans, British Chinese, British Asian, British Turks, etc, etc, etc.
And then there are just British. You know what I mean, plain ole English people that were born here. You can include the Welsh, the Scottish and the people who live off our shores of Great Britain.
You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you. So why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?
You have the Muslim Council of Great Britain.
You have Black History Month.
You have swimming pools for Asian women.
You have Islamic banks for Muslims only.
You have year of the dragon day for Chinese people.
If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racists.
If we had White History Month, we'd be racists.
If we had any organization for only whites to 'advance' OUR lives, we'd be racists.
A white woman could not be in the Miss Black Britain or Miss Asia, but any colour can be in the Miss UK.
If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships, you know we'd be racists.
There are over 200 openly proclaimed Muslim only schools in England. Yet if there were 'White schools only', that would be racist!
In the Bradford riots and Toxteth riots, you believed that you were standing-up for your race and rights. If we stood-up for our race and rights, you would call us racists.
You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.
We fly our flag, we are racists. If we celebrate St George's day we are racists.
You can fly your flag and it’s called diversity. You celebrate your cultures and it’s called multiculturalism.
You rob us, carjack us, and rape our daughters. But, when a white police officer arrests a black gang member or beats up an Asian drug dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist.
I am proud.... but you call me a racist.
Why is it that only whites can be racists??
There is nothing improper about this e-mail. Let's see which of you are proud enough to send it on.
I sadly don't think many will. That's why we have LOST most of OUR RIGHTS in this country. We won't stand up for ourselves!
BEING PROUD TO BE WHITE! It's not a crime, YET... but its getting very close!

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-20, 06:03 AM   #367
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col7777 View Post
There are over 200 openly proclaimed Muslim only schools in England. Yet if there were 'White schools only', that would be racist!
Islam isn’t a race, it’s a religion. And there are Christian schools in the UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col7777 View Post
You rob us, carjack us, and rape our daughters. But, when a white police officer arrests a black gang member or beats up an Asian drug dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist.
All the non-whites are robbing us, carjacking us, and raping our daughters? Funny, I could have sworn that white criminals existed as well.

Also, I don’t think you’ll find many people who get upset when non-white criminals get arrested. It’s more about when someone is slowly choked to death by a police officer for allegedly possessing a counterfeit $20 bill.

Quote:
I sadly don't think many will. That's why we have LOST most of OUR RIGHTS in this country. We won't stand up for ourselves!
Have whites lost the right to vote or the right to a minimum wage in the UK? Exactly what rights are you losing?
Old 06-13-20, 07:00 AM   #368
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

I do tire of the hypocrisy of those that say riots work, the destruction, people getting hurt, promoting it on, etc. Like someone on FB I went to school with that kept saying "burn it all down". I was like - why do all those supporting chaos only support it if it's happening to someone else? If you really think it works and support it ..
Burn your own corporate place of work down or post the address of it on a riot page to be destroyed.
Burn your own house down
Give the names and addresses of family members that you love you're willing to sacrifice for the cause.

Like a gay friend of mine always posting pictures of his 20x20 closet with 400 pair of expensive white privileged shoes cheering all this destruction on. I dared him in support to take just one pair of his shoes and douse them with lighter fuel and set them aflame in protest...wouldn't do it.

As a former Confederate re-enactor that partook of many historical documentaries and a few movies, please just leave the museums and historical CW parks alone and also at least remove all Union/Fed history from public too for enslaving the Indians after freeing the slaves because my great great grandmother on my mother's side was Cherokee. I have the right to be offended too!

I also don't mind seeing the forts renamed, at least some of them, Bragg was a terrible general that the bulk of those that served under him would've shot him dead.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-20, 07:03 AM   #369
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
Islam isn’t a race, it’s a religion. And there are Christian schools in the UK.

All the non-whites are robbing us, carjacking us, and raping our daughters? Funny, I could have sworn that white criminals existed as well.

Also, I don’t think you’ll find many people who get upset when non-white criminals get arrested. It’s more about when someone is slowly choked to death by a police officer for allegedly possessing a counterfeit $20 bill.

Have whites lost the right to vote or the right to a minimum wage in the UK? Exactly what rights are you losing?
Since the Prophet Muhammad sold, captured, and owned slaves, should he not be delegated to the trash bin of history too?

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-20, 07:04 AM   #370
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
I do tire of the hypocrisy of those that say riots work, the destruction, people getting hurt, promoting it on, etc. Like someone on FB I went to school with that kept saying "burn it all down". I was like - why do all those supporting chaos only support it if it's happening to someone else? If you really think it works and support it.
Agreed. Violence doesn’t help ha cause like this, it just distracts from the message and disrupts the efforts of the peaceful protestors, not to mention destroying the property of people who don’t deserve it - the most famous example so far being a sports barn owned by firefighter and Liberian immigrant KB Balla.

By acting violent, they’re just reinforcing the negative opinions that some have of them.

The peaceful protestors, on the other hand, are doing the right thing and spreading a good message, but sadly being drowned out by the looters and rioters.

Quote:
Since the Prophet Muhammad sold, captured, and owned slaves, should he not be delegated to the trash bin of history too?
If by “trashbin” you mean “forgotten”, no. If you mean “criticised for actions such as the ownership of slaves and alleged war crimes and pedophilia”, then yes, like any historical figure. The fact that he’s a major religious figure doesn’t absolve him.
Old 06-13-20, 11:39 AM   #371
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:

Like a gay friend of mine always posting pictures of his 20x20 closet with 400 pair of expensive white privileged shoes cheering all this destruction on. I dared him in support to take just one pair of his shoes and douse them with lighter fuel and set them aflame in protest...wouldn't do it.
Lol, he's probably too busy complaining he needs another stimulus check.

Quote:

Man, that needs to be highlighted!
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-20, 07:59 PM   #372
Méo
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
If the statues are removed and placed in museums where they can be viewed in a historically accurate context, then the historical record has not been destroyed, it’s been corrected.
This.

Quite simple to understand.

But all this is a matter of emotion, so it's never simple.
Méo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-20, 05:06 AM   #373
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Increased Pressure on Buffalo Police Department After 2008 Firing of Officer Comes To Light

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...opped-n1231016

Note that NBC News has a moderate left bias and high factual reporting according to Media Bias Factcheck.

What do you guys make of this? If the suspect was posing a threat to officers, then the chokehold was justified, but the fact that seemingly no harm came to the officers suggests that this was not the case. The fact that Holloman-Horne was a 19-year police veteran also suggests that she knew what she was doing.
Old 06-14-20, 05:41 AM   #374
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I feel as if i do not get why the police chief in Atlanta has resigned over their incident, while obviously not being a harmless incident, blind police brutality and racism seems to have not been the case here?! How is the narration going on this one?
Old 06-14-20, 06:07 AM   #375
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I feel as if i do not get why the police chief in Atlanta has resigned over their incident, while obviously not being a harmless incident, blind police brutality and racism seems to have not been the case here?! How is the narration going on this one?
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/wor...6e69d5a4062505

Note that The Australian has a moderate right bias and high factual reporting according to Media Bias Factcheck.

I think you could definitely make a case for misuse of deadly force here, but there doesn’t seem to be a case for brutality - unless of course the police started the violence, which we have no way of knowing, but apparently the victim was drunk, so it would make sense to think that they started the fight. As for racism, unless the shooter didn’t use deadly force in a similar situation with a non-black person, or had been involved in racist behaviour in the past, you can’t exactly prove or deny the intent there.

Any past incidents of misuse of force, brutality or racism from this same department should also be taken into consideration, and the police get no points there. They shot a 64 year old Marine veteran for defending his home against burglars in 2011, costing him a kidney and time wrongfully spent in prison. They killed 92 year old Kathryn Johnston after she fired on them for entering her home unannounced with a no-knock warrant, then planted marijuana in her house in 2006. Six officers were fired for corruption in 2011, and in May this year they apparently assaulted, arrested, and assaulted in custody two protestors who had complied with police orders.

Obviously though, the individual officers involved in this case apparently weren’t involved in those past incidents, so there’s still no direct evidence that they’re racist or brutalise suspects, or that this case was misuse of deadly force at the most, justified police action at the least.

But it’s easy to understand why the protestors are angry about this. They’re rightly outraged by the murder of George Floyd, so when they hear of another case of a white policeman killing a black man, they’re obviously going to react the same way. They want more police accountability, especially when it comes to the killings of black people, so letting this event go by without protesting, especially when the department in question has the track record it does, wouldn’t make any sense.

Tags
police, riots