SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-12-09, 05:51 PM   #346
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfon View Post
Hi OLC.
How are you doing?
I see that you're into a serious debate at "General Topics". Take it easy, mate.
BTW, where did you get the "Internal Uboat Sound" mod. I can't find it.
Thanks in advance.
Heh, yeah, no ****. If you think what's in that thread is bad you should see my PMs. What really did my head it was Aramike's non-response to my initial PM to him. I spent quite a while replying to every bloody point he made including the one in particular which I felt was actually relevant, and I felt sure I had him pretty well cornered on it (he'd been evading it and trying to bury it in a sea of tangent arguments) and then I got his reply saying he won't discuss it further! And he had a few choice words for me too, which I won't repeat. I sent him a few more PM's but all I got back was abuse - really strong abuse actually, but he's ex-army or something so I guess it's to be expected. Well, so much for my attempt to calm him down by taking things to PM - that didn't work at all!

Anyway, yeah... sorry, load off chest... the Internal U-Boat Sound... go to BTS mods and look in Venator's mods.
Old 06-12-09, 06:17 PM   #347
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 178
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis View Post
I spent quite a while replying to every bloody point he made including the one in particular which I felt was actually relevant
Unfortunately it doesn't always work this way though i don't agree too when people go like "i won't discuss this matter further". Then i'll say sthg like, "You arrogant @#!?*^$" and inevitably hell breaks out. Anyway...

Quote:
go to BTS mods and look in Venator's mods.
Got it!

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Mods for SH3
tomfon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-09, 12:07 AM   #348
Brer Rabbit
Briar Patch Runner

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0
OLC and Tomfon

I want to take the opportunity to thank-you both for your mods, explanations and help given to the community.

I am on my second GWX career and third patrol using OLC's mod. I have upgraded to the newer versions after each patrol. At first I was disappointed, I missed my god's eye view, I missed the event camera, I missed all of the ways that I had used track, target and sink ships. I felt lost without the tools and assists I got from elements of the more simplified means to sink ships. I found that by to my surprise, I have been reasonalbly successful in my attacks--and to the point I am more in line with RL patrol results. I am improving with each patrol. Thanks for again for your dedication to improving the realism of this great subsim.

Tomfon I appreciate the draggable stopwatch, I have missed having it, and your mod is greatly appreciated.

Keep up the great work!
Brer Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-09, 02:52 AM   #349
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 178
Uploads: 4

Thank you for your kind words Brer Rabbit.
However, the "draggable stopwatch" is a mod i "made" by simply following Mikhayl's instructions i found on subsim plus its the only mod i've ever "made"...

Just for the sake of history and proper crediting (i hope such a word exists in English) there are, literally, countless people who contribute and contributed to the community with real mods! (OLC, Rubini, Thomsen, Mikhayl... and newer modders like h.sie, makman... the list is endless let alone the GWX, WAC and NYGM team.)

Anyway, thanks again.

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Mods for SH3
tomfon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-09, 11:26 AM   #350
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Thanks Brer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brer Rabbit View Post
I missed my god's eye view, I missed the event camera
Just to check... what do you mean by "god's eye view"?
Old 06-13-09, 11:40 AM   #351
JT1981
Planesman

Downloads: 618

Oh,i have a problem. when using the OLC Gold MKiic,my periscope have only one magnification,the mousewheel dosnt work at all....

when i disable the OLC Gold MKiic(i used the fourth main mod),everything is ok!

why?
JT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-09, 11:49 AM   #352
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT1981 View Post
Oh,i have a problem. when using the OLC Gold MKiic,my periscope have only one magnification,the mousewheel dosnt work at all....

when i disable the OLC Gold MKiic(i used the fourth main mod),everything is ok!

why?
The scopes each have a (different) fixed zoom level in this mod. I made it like like that because that's the only way (that I know of) to fix the zoom/wave rendering problem in SH3 (in any other GUI you will see that waves are stretched and flattened more and more by increased zoom levels, but that problem does not happen in OLCG2).
Old 06-13-09, 12:01 PM   #353
JT1981
Planesman

so you mean i could not switch the magnification between 1.5 and 10 in attack periscope like in GWX3?

another question: now,the magnification of attack/observe periscope is 1.5/10?
Old 06-13-09, 12:03 PM   #354
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
so you mean i could not switch the magnification between 1.5 and 10 in attack periscope like in GWX3?
Yes, that's what I mean.

Quote:
another question: now,the magnification of attack/observe periscope is 1.5/10?
The attack scope in OLCG2 is set at 3X zoom.
The observation scope in OLCG2 is set at 6X zoom.
Old 06-13-09, 06:48 PM   #355
Brer Rabbit
Briar Patch Runner

Downloads: 89
Default God's eye view

OLC
Just to clarify my earlier post, the God's eye view was the map updating that accurately places ship symbols on the map as you zoom in.

In the same tract sonor lines of contact seemed quite accurate as to range by measuring the distance along the line to its end, and allowed you to get a reasonably accurate course by marking the ends of the lines. Currently the lines seem to show more realistically the sound propagation in the water, so that at this time I can only ascertain the bearing to the contact, at least until I get closer.
Brer Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-09, 06:55 PM   #356
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brer Rabbit View Post
OLC
Just to clarify my earlier post, the God's eye view was the map updating that accurately places ship symbols on the map as you zoom in.

In the same tract sonor lines of contact seemed quite accurate as to range by measuring the distance along the line to its end, and allowed you to get a reasonably accurate course by marking the ends of the lines. Currently the lines seem to show more realistically the sound propagation in the water, so that at this time I can only ascertain the bearing to the contact, at least until I get closer.
Oh I see. I thought for a moment you had turned off map updates entirely! No worries, then.
Old 06-13-09, 08:49 PM   #357
Sea Hawk
Loader

Downloads: 15

Just had my 3rd kill of my current patrol - passenger/cargo east of Scappa flow. 1st patrole since loading OLC gold, 2nd kill only a coal tender thingy (does it still count), mind didn't use up any fishes on it.

I love the range and AOB finding mechanisms in OLC Gold. I never did like the steadyometer in the stock game. BIG THANKS to OLC.
Attack disk is excelent as well.

Draggable stopwatch working great. Tomfon - you must have flown it to me by condor and dropped it down my hatch, your special delivery is much appreciated.

Also trying a little bit of MoBo, still mainly using the navigation chart in SH3.

"engage the enemy more closely"
Admiral Horatio Nelson 21/10/1805 Trafalgar
Sea Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-09, 08:52 PM   #358
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Hawk View Post
I love the range and AOB finding mechanisms in OLC Gold. I never did like the steadyometer in the stock game. BIG THANKS to OLC.
Attack disk is excelent as well.
Just to give credit where it is due, Hitman and joegrundman made those tools. All I did was to find a "better" way to integrate them into the SH3 GUI, and make a tutorial video.
Old 06-14-09, 03:42 AM   #359
JT1981
Planesman

Quote:
Yes, that's what I mean.

The attack scope in OLCG2 is set at 3X zoom.
The observation scope in OLCG2 is set at 6X zoom.
if i want to aim the target at different zoom like in olc gui 1.2.7,how could i do?is there any mod or something to install?
Old 06-14-09, 02:13 PM   #360
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Quote:
if i want to aim the target at different zoom like in olc gui 1.2.7,how could i do?is there any mod or something to install?
Well, you could go back to OLC GUI 1.2.7 if you like, but I don't know if it's fully compatible with GWX3.

Tags
gold, gui, olc, olce2, ubermod