SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-30-13, 02:02 PM   #3436
desertstriker
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 998
Uploads: 0

We have not truely decided what will happen with HAHD Whatever is deided though it will likely be posted here by hans. Torpille I thought you where talking about A.T.W.A.R. thats where we all have been.
desertstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-13, 05:17 PM   #3437
flag4
Watch Officer

Downloads: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
The news is that they are devoting all their time to their own game now - Atlantic Warfair. They have hinted that they may come back to HAHD when that is finalized, but for now there is nothing happening with HAHD and there won't be for the foreseeable future.
gutted. great shame.
Kurt Vonnegut
flag4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-13, 08:48 PM   #3438
desertstriker
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 998

We have not really decided on anything yet. As soon as we do we will inform the community.
desertstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-13, 01:03 AM   #3439
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
The news is that they are devoting all their time to their own game now - Atlantic Warfair. They have hinted that they may come back to HAHD when that is finalized, but for now there is nothing happening with HAHD and there won't be for the foreseeable future.
Oh my god Steve, you're the Grammar Nazi and you spelt 'Warfare' wrong
Old 12-09-13, 12:36 PM   #3440
flag4
Watch Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertstriker View Post
We have not really decided on anything yet. As soon as we do we will inform the community.
I whish all the developers well whatever the outcome
Kurt Vonnegut
Old 12-09-13, 02:04 PM   #3441
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
Oh my god Steve, you're the Grammar Nazi and you spelt 'Warfare' wrong
Spelling has nothing to do with grammar. Still, it's an embarrassing enough mistake. Thanks for pointing it out.
Old 12-11-13, 10:13 AM   #3442
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123

Hi shipmates,

Just to explain a bit what process brought us to our current decision regarding U-BOOT-HAHD .

First we spent tremendous amount of hours in this mod and we stumble on lot of limitations from the aging game engine of SH3 and the frustration of this situation since we had very good ideas to bring the Sim to a new level we then start to look at the available game engine to make our vision of the Sim.

Then i met with Gabriel from the SH series and Gabriel also share my vision of a whole new concept to bring the sim to the next level and he introduce me 2 others team members from the Sh series and Atlantic Warfare was born.

I had already spend all my free time on the mod and i even put myself in a very precarious financial situation(no one to blame here except me).

Such an opportunity to form a good team doesn't show often believe me and i knew that the mod would have to be put aside to make place for Atlantic Warfare.

Now everything depend on the support level we will get for Atlantic Warfare and we are deploying all that is required to interest naval Sim enthusiasts to our project, you can be assure that many others potential developers out there will use us as a benchmark to see if Sim are still a viable niche with the effort we are currently deploying to spark interest in the community.

Hope it clarify the situation and i want to say that we are very passionate about naval Sim and our only goal is to make something people will enjoy for years to come.

Regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-13, 11:47 AM   #3443
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Well I'm still unhappy that you didn't do it for SH4 instead. Don't get me wrong though - "unhappy" doesn't mean critical. I think it's cool that you get to work with former SH guys to possibly make something really new and different.

Best of luck with it.
Old 12-11-13, 12:18 PM   #3444
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
Hi shipmates,

Just to explain a bit what process brought us to our current decision regarding U-BOOT-HAHD .

First we spent tremendous amount of hours in this mod and we stumble on lot of limitations from the aging game engine of SH3 and the frustration of this situation since we had very good ideas to bring the Sim to a new level we then start to look at the available game engine to make our vision of the Sim.

Then i met with Gabriel from the SH series and Gabriel also share my vision of a whole new concept to bring the sim to the next level and he introduce me 2 others team members from the Sh series and Atlantic Warfare was born.

I had already spend all my free time on the mod and i even put myself in a very precarious financial situation(no one to blame here except me).

Such an opportunity to form a good team doesn't show often believe me and i knew that the mod would have to be put aside to make place for Atlantic Warfare.

Now everything depend on the support level we will get for Atlantic Warfare and we are deploying all that is required to interest naval Sim enthusiasts to our project, you can be assure that many others potential developers out there will use us as a benchmark to see if Sim are still a viable niche with the effort we are currently deploying to spark interest in the community.

Hope it clarify the situation and i want to say that we are very passionate about naval Sim and our only goal is to make something people will enjoy for years to come.

Regards Hans
Hi mate.

First up sorry to hear HAHD is all but dead, but my thanks for clearing up the situation and ending any speculation. Secondly I wish you and the team ( not sure if this includes anyone from HAHD ) all the luck in the world on your new venture. I also must thank you for spending so much time and effort endeavouring to bring us a whole new game using an old platform

All the very best for the future Hans and co.

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-13, 12:46 PM   #3445
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Fair winds and following seas Hans

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-13, 03:19 PM   #3446
rainiere
Seaman

Downloads: 289

Quote:

Regards Hans
I wish you and your team good luck, lots of success and all the support necessary. I guess many Subsimmers will follow the project closely, too...
rainiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-13, 04:14 PM   #3447
flag4
Watch Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainiere View Post
I wish you and your team good luck, lots of success and all the support necessary. I guess many Subsimmers will follow the project closely, too...
you bet. looking forward to hearing about the new adventure Hans. good luck with it...
Kurt Vonnegut
Old 12-11-13, 10:42 PM   #3448
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL!TZKR!EG View Post
It might be that English is not my native tongue and I misunderstand your "slang", but how I understand it, HAHD is not all but dead, it _is_ dead. Or am I wrong here?

Of what "whole new game" are you talking here? Has anything been released? I have browsed the net and all that I have found is a handful of videos and stuff about torpedos.

If there is anything else than that I would be curious to know about that "whole new game", because I have found nothing on this matter on the internet.
Hi Blitz,

No HAHD is not dead just on ice since there is a real probability that we wont have the necessary support for Atlantic Warfare, if so after all that tremendous amount of work i will finish the HAHD mod.

It would be complete non sense to put all that was done for this project on my hard disk to collect dust.

You can follow the progress of Atlantic warfare here : http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=266

There is not much to see at the moment but all the team are working very hard to start releasing previews of the game and also the new website&forum.

I was about to release some of them when my son had a life threatening emergency last Friday but now he is out of the ER and i resume working on this so it should start to show in the Atlantic warfare thread very soon.

Regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-13, 04:51 AM   #3449
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 278

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL!TZKR!EG View Post

Of what "whole new game" are you talking here? Has anything been released? I have browsed the net and all that I have found is a handful of videos and stuff about torpedos.

If there is anything else than teA that I would be curious to know about that "whole new game", because I have found nothing on this matter on the internet.
I said Hans and the team had " endevoured " to bring us a whole new game. The fact it never came off does not detract from this !!!

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-13, 07:44 AM   #3450
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544

Quote:
I was about to release some of them when my son had a life threatening emergency last Friday but now he is out of the ER
I am really shaken to hear such news, Hans, and I hope your son is well now. As a father myself, you have all my sympathy and my best wishes, for both your son and you. I hope you will give us good news about real life, here! Modding can wait, but the lives of our beloved ones cannot and they must always come first
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote