SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: Poll closed
option 0 0%
option 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-12, 02:13 PM   #316
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
Thanks Webster - looking at all the threads, advice, and content, it looks like you (along with several others) are loyally holding up a major part of the foundations of Silent Hunter for a long time. I will try your suggestion which should work. I am too new at this point to be able to tell whether there are other significant losses or conflicts, but am willing to move ahead and see.

Perhaps it would be wiser not to use ISE? I read above that some had used it without issues but would do others' experience show that Real Environment is fully compatible, or more so?

I had also planned, once the three mods MMM, ISE & MaxOptics4 proved ok, to add in RSRDC for stock with your .401 patch for it.

However, any advice - beginning with GFO as the foundation - would be more than welcome: whether or not to use one or another or no environment mod...RSRD for a first campaign in SH4.

Thanks again.

Eugene
the best way is to see what shows up as a conflict and then figure out what that file does in GFO and that will tell you what will no longer work if you overwrite it. it helps to know something about modding to figure this out but if you read the info from both mods it can help you decide which file you might want to leave out or overwrite.

i havent kept up with GFO so there are mods like ISE that i havent tested or examined for compatability so without digging into it i cant say anything about what might be changed.

i have said many times before i really need to update GFO but i can never find any time to do it, even worse was i finally managed to force myself to make time to do some work on it over about a years time and i was about 50% done with an update for GFO when my hard drive failed and all that work was lost so i have nothing to show for it.

there is just too much else going on for me right now to see when i could find time to sit at a computer for hours on end in order to mod again
Old 12-01-12, 03:56 PM   #317
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

Hiya Webster, I remember you having a fix for the survivors zooming around the sea like demented chickens on speed, can you remember which file you edited and what values should be changed in it. Maybe then I can finally catch one of these nutters without having to use anymore profane language.
Moonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-12, 05:12 PM   #318
Eugene
A-ganger

Downloads: 226

Understood Webster. I think you are generous with your time answering questions here and assisting as you can. Time is practically the most precious resource - so thank you very much.
Old 12-03-12, 03:11 PM   #319
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
Understood Webster. I think you are generous with your time answering questions here and assisting as you can. Time is practically the most precious resource - so thank you very much.

thanks, i do what i can mainly because of the people here who did the same for me when i first got into modding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Hiya Webster, I remember you having a fix for the survivors zooming around the sea like demented chickens on speed, can you remember which file you edited and what values should be changed in it. Maybe then I can finally catch one of these nutters without having to use anymore profane language.

there is a survivor file (i think its a dat file) but i cant remember what the deal with it was. im not sure if i changed it or not but i did fix the lifeboats so they move less like speedy gonzalez zipping about like cockroaches when you turn the lights on lol.

IIRC i didnt solve the survivor speed issue but you need to look for speed or horsepower or both.

i dont think i tried too hard to solve it because i had other priorities going on so dig around the files and you might be able to resolve it. be advised they have the controler for the guy moving his arms but he also has a controler for how he moves with the water so i never figured out that part since there is no "tide" to the game (maybe is the wind or waves)

the same controlers are used for all objects in the water not just boats

Last edited by Webster; 04-30-13 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-30-13, 02:04 AM   #320
Pawnzor
Swabbie

Downloads: 14

Hey Webster. Is this mod listed on any other site besides Subsim? I reached my daily download limit downloading your mods and don't see the mod listed on Gamefront anymore.
Pawnzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-13, 08:06 AM   #321
BillBam
Watch Officer

Downloads: 171

Help Neal with $5 and get unlimited downloads!
Old 04-30-13, 04:24 PM   #322
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnzor View Post
Hey Webster. Is this mod listed on any other site besides Subsim? I reached my daily download limit downloading your mods and don't see the mod listed on Gamefront anymore.
yep, im so tired of gamefront deleting mods willy nilly

every few months I reupload my mods there but they keep deleting them so im giving up even trying anymore.

in 24 hours you download limit will reset and you can get more but search the internet and you can find some other sites that have my mods. I don't control that so they may be older outdated versions so its up to you to compare the read me files with those found here. all the mods here (if there was anything that needed updating) are my newer updated versions of all my mods.
Old 07-09-13, 01:22 PM   #323
Anachron13
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 3

Hello,

I would really like to download this mod but the gamefront link is dead, so i'm posting a thanks for your mod, because you deserve it and it will also unlock the download on subsim. I Think the english for that is " to kill two birds with one stone".

Thanks for your work !
Anachron13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-13, 01:59 PM   #324
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anachron13 View Post
Hello,

I would really like to download this mod but the gamefront link is dead, so i'm posting a thanks for your mod, because you deserve it and it will also unlock the download on subsim. I Think the english for that is " to kill two birds with one stone".

Thanks for your work !
yes gamefront is a mess and keeps deleting my mods at random so im done with them. I have decided not to keep uploading them over and over as they get deleted every other month

welcome to the forums and enjoy the game
Old 08-02-13, 01:44 PM   #325
Admiral Halsey
Best Admiral in the USN

Downloads: 298

Does this work with Op Monsun?
Admiral Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-13, 05:08 PM   #326
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Halsey View Post
Does this work with Op Monsun?
it can because it barely touches the german side but there might be a few minor conflicts that wont effect game play.

Op Monsun is the kind of big mod that really shouldn't be mixed with any other large mods but because it targets a mainly unmoded german side of the game, I think you may not notice any minor side affects
Old 09-17-13, 01:21 AM   #327
JoeCorrado
Weps

Downloads: 176
Uploads: 5

Just wanted to add my voice to all of those who have already thanked you for the effort that you put into creating the GFO mod. Getting all of these mods to play well together is no small feet in itself and must have taken considerable effort of your part.

Having so many fixes and enhancements available in a single download and a single JSGME installation is a great accomplishment that reflects well not only your own efforts, but that of the entire community of contributors whose work is included in GFO.

Like you stated, the GFO isn't about super mod like changes to tactics, strategy, difficulty, realism OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) or anything else- except for making the game stable, enjoyable, and "what it should have been" right out of the box.

After installing GFO, I have been able to add my own selection of mods designed for use by stock 1.5 with barely a hiccup. Maybe it isn't the "official" 1.6 patch- but it certainly IS 1.5 tweaked right! And for me, that makes it a great place to start.

For all of the above, I say thank you.

My Game starts with GFO - Keepin' it real as it needs to be!
JoeCorrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-13, 07:19 AM   #328
mbrownfield
Nub

Webster, the GFO mod sounds great.

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 10-29-13 at 07:47 AM. Reason: I have re-activated your account, downloads should now be available.
mbrownfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-13, 01:28 AM   #329
mbrownfield
Nub

thanks admin

Thanks, Neal. And thank you Webster, I need a "moderate" mod that improves the gameplay and enjoyability of SH IV but doesn't turn it into a "white knuckle" sim. Games are for fun, not more stress. Stress I can do all by myself.
mbrownfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-13, 11:04 AM   #330
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

thanks everyone

my goal was and still is to just provide the most stable and "fixed" game and leave the customizing and customizing options up to the individual player since we all have different likes and ideas how things should be.