SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-05-11, 02:18 AM   #316
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Downloads: 139
Uploads: 0

This is rather odd. I have had great luck with the radio stations add on. I had to do a reload though as I upgraded my supermod for TMO to the latest version. So I had to reload the radio programs, and the only thing that changed is I lost the stock Washington station. The radio ini file contains all the other stations as needed, but I can't get them to play consistantly.

Most of the time, they will play one song after I start the game, but then the airwaves go dead. No news, or radio programs or anything.

Soooooooo, since it's been so long since I have had to mess with the radio, any ideas are most appreciated!

---------------------

Hylander_1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-11, 12:23 PM   #317
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylander_1314 View Post
This is rather odd. I have had great luck with the radio stations add on. I had to do a reload though as I upgraded my supermod for TMO to the latest version. So I had to reload the radio programs, and the only thing that changed is I lost the stock Washington station. The radio ini file contains all the other stations as needed, but I can't get them to play consistantly.

Most of the time, they will play one song after I start the game, but then the airwaves go dead. No news, or radio programs or anything.

Soooooooo, since it's been so long since I have had to mess with the radio, any ideas are most appreciated!
Well that's a new one on me.

What exactly did you do? Upgrading TMO shouldn't have done anything to the radio, so there was no reason you should've had to reinstall the radio mods.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-11, 05:30 PM   #318
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

I know Fred. I'm just as baffled.

I pulled everything out with jsgme, and rebooted the computer, and reloaded the mods I like. The thing that is odd, is I have your music 1941 to 1945, and I put the music in the corrosponding KPO folders like I always do, and I maybe get a song or 2 but it's really sporatic, where they used to play all the time, until an event triggerred, then the music would fade, and the event would play, be it a news program, or a radio show.

This is the first time this has ever happenned. And the only thing that's different, like I said, is that the stock Washington station is missing from the radio ini file. That's the only thing that's different. So if you have the info for the Washington station, And maybe post it, so I can copy and paste it in the radio ini file, to see if that helps. Why or if it would is beyond me. But who knows......... Stranger stuff has happenned before.

---------------------

Old 02-05-11, 05:33 PM   #319
fred8615
Saint of the seas

[CHANNEL]
Name=Washington
Folder=Washington
Freq=22
Antenna=01.01.1930-01.01.2000:38.9,-77.02:100000
MusicVolumeOnNews=0.01

That shouldn't be the problem, but like you said, who knows.

I'm more concerned with it being deleted in the first place. It should not have happened.
Old 02-06-11, 10:09 AM   #320
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146

Probrably not so much deleated, but overwritten. It happened to me once. Just copy and paste the Washington info back in the radio ini. folder and all should be well.
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 03:46 PM   #321
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred8615 View Post
[CHANNEL]
Name=Washington
Folder=Washington
Freq=22
Antenna=01.01.1930-01.01.2000:38.9,-77.02:100000
MusicVolumeOnNews=0.01

That shouldn't be the problem, but like you said, who knows.

I'm more concerned with it being deleted in the first place. It should not have happened.
Thanks Fred!

I think things are little bit deeper than I realized at first. For some reason, some of the sound effects and speech files aren't playing either. Like general quarters. The crew shows up, but no bells, and the General Quarters announcement. I think the destroyer and sub pings aren't triggerring either to boot. Just a couple observations so far.

But I am beginning to think the whole sound structure may be porked now.

Ah well, if it is, it is. I hate to have to do a reinstall, but I really need to upgrade jsgme to, but have procrastinating on that one. Hey if ain't broke, don't fix it! Right?!

---------------------

Old 02-06-11, 06:52 PM   #322
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

I have a question about the radio mod and the news events.
I put to sea before the Pearl Harbor attack and now its late Dec. Every time I begin a session and turn on the radio, the whole laundry list of news flashes are played thru; the diplomatic crisis, the preparations for war, the first news of the attack, etc., etc. I've heard them 20 times by now. Is this normal? Its getting so I can hardly stand to turn on the radio.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 09:44 PM   #323
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

To avoid that, use Digital Trucker's Radio Station Manager. I think it's in the download section. It will prepare the radio stations for the date you choose from the savegame folders so you don't go through the same events over and over again.

Also, if you get an error message for a missing file, you may have to dig into the radio mod(s) to find the exact file, but you can then add them to their appropriate folders in the SH4 Sound folder. Some of the big files for some reason don't always unload everything, which can cause ctd's or other odd things too.

---------------------

Old 02-06-11, 09:46 PM   #324
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Thanks for the post there Fred, but it didn't help, so I'm thinking, I will have to get rid of everything, and reload the game. I hope I don't have trouble with the download version of the game with the stupid activation key. It's been almost 3 years since I bought that one.

On a god note, it was only Dec 11 1941! So not much lost there.

---------------------

Old 02-07-11, 09:45 AM   #325
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Well Fred, I finally figured it out. My uncle's cat chewed through my center speaker, and subwoofer cable.

It just so happenned that I was uploading drivers after plowing snow, and everything went fine on the installs, so I was a little dismayed as to why it all of a sudden stopped working. I tried thinking it was the HD Audio drivers that nvidia install was doing, but obviously not. So I found a new set of adio drivers for the RealTek setup, and loaded them up, and when I went to test the speakers in the 5.1 surround sound, I had no center speaker, and no subwoofer. So first thing I do, is check the back of the rig where the cables plug in, and sure enough, the damn wire to those speakers is chewed through!

My uncle was decent though. He went and replaced the cable the cable for me, but I could toss the cat to the coyotes when they come around. Man, 2 days of fiddlin' around between shovelling and plowing snow. That sucks........

Anyways, I have a clean new shiney install of SH4. Oh, one thing was odd, when I went to use the radio station manager, the JB, I think the numbers are 121144, but the last 3 are .526 file, for some reason won't unpack from the compressed rar file. The radio station manager says it's missing, which it is, so I have to dig it out and manually install it in the proper folder, and all is fine. There are 1 or 2 more files that do that for some odd reason. Even though they are there, they don't get unpacked.

But I run into the same thing with Captain Midnights CBS radio too. AFR loads in just fine though, along with radio Saigon.

Anyways, you can add chewed wires to the list, or at least make sure your cables are plugged in all the way. Especially if there are small pets afoot!

---------------------

Old 02-07-11, 10:00 AM   #326
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylander_1314 View Post
To avoid that, use Digital Trucker's Radio Station Manager. I think it's in the download section. It will prepare the radio stations for the date you choose from the savegame folders so you don't go through the same events over and over again.

Also, if you get an error message for a missing file, you may have to dig into the radio mod(s) to find the exact file, but you can then add them to their appropriate folders in the SH4 Sound folder. Some of the big files for some reason don't always unload everything, which can cause ctd's or other odd things too.
Thanks. I'll try that.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-11, 09:09 PM   #327
kylesplanet
Commodore

Downloads: 39

Fred just wanted to let you know that part 17 of KPO isn't downloading. I have that part from an older download and was waondering if that will work?

EDIT: Part 28 also not working.

Last edited by kylesplanet; 02-16-11 at 09:56 PM.
kylesplanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 09:17 AM   #328
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesplanet View Post
Fred just wanted to let you know that part 17 of KPO isn't downloading. I have that part from an older download and was waondering if that will work?

EDIT: Part 28 also not working.
The older version probably won't work with the new version.

I just tried both, and 17 did hang, so I did re-upload it just to be safe. 28 downloaded fine for me.

Mediafire sometimes gets glitches like that. You need to just leave it awhile and try again later. If it keeps doing it consistently, then it's a problem.
Old 02-17-11, 04:06 PM   #329
kylesplanet
Commodore

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred8615 View Post
The older version probably won't work with the new version.

I just tried both, and 17 did hang, so I did re-upload it just to be safe. 28 downloaded fine for me.

Mediafire sometimes gets glitches like that. You need to just leave it awhile and try again later. If it keeps doing it consistently, then it's a problem.
17 is working now but I've tried 28 several times today and still cant get it to download. I've tried it at different times but no luck yet.
Old 02-18-11, 12:00 PM   #330
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesplanet View Post
17 is working now but I've tried 28 several times today and still cant get it to download. I've tried it at different times but no luck yet.
Okay, I've deleted 28 and uploaded a new copy. See if it works now.

Tags
music, radio, radio stations