Closed Thread

Old 04-15-22, 08:01 PM   #3196
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
It would not surprise me if Putin decide to use nukes on the battlefield=Tactical to win a victory he can use on Russia's most important day May 9th.

It doesn't scare me..somehow...what scares me is the response NATO will come up with.

Markus

With the way the Russian Military forces are performing, maybe we should execute Order 66 and take out all of the Russian SSBNs in one move.
Old 04-15-22, 08:54 PM   #3197
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
We haven't discuss the joker in this poker game.

China..Let see if I can get down my thoughts into writing

There are rumour that China is helping Russia with material. If Russia or China see that NATO/USA has taken an active part in the war they could become active on Russian side of the war and here I can come up with two scenarios.

1. China send both material and soldier to Ukraine
2. To pull USA away from Europe-China invade Taiwan
(Read somewhere once that USA can't fight to main war at the same time)

This would leave Europe alone against Russia.

Of course this is nothing but speculation and I'm not an expert.

Markus
I don't know Markus we fought a two front war in ww2 and did ok but we had better leaders then not the boneheads we have had since Bush sr
Old 04-15-22, 11:26 PM   #3198
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
I don't know Markus we fought a two front war in ww2 and did ok but we had better leaders then not the boneheads we have had since Bush sr

Truth, I'd add, we are too politically divided to even function for more than a month. We had political divisions in WW2, but we were able to shelve those (for the most part) until the end of the War. I don't see us doing that now. If the Left is in power, it will be a noble cause and the Right will side with Facism. If the Right is in power, it will be "No war for borscht, and the violent protestors will come out in force. Really sick of US politics. Term limit the lot of them!
Old 04-16-22, 05:08 AM   #3199
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

BBC:

Russia has told the United States there will be "unpredictable consequences" if it refuses to stop sending weapons to Ukraine.

A diplomatic note was sent to the Biden administration, the Washington Post first reported.

The US recently announced that more sophisticated offensive weaponry would be sent to Ukraine as part of a $800m (£612m) package.

I love it when this fascist Kremlin scum first assaults another nation, then threatens retaliation if the victim dares to defend itself and may attack the attacker on his own soil, and now bullies others helping the victim to help itself. Thats were the ordinary everyday scumbags seperates themselves from the pro elite scumbag: the first does not care for the victim to struggle against him and just contnues doping what he is doing, but the latter even takes personal offence from being resisted to. Sick, sicker, Russian.
Old 04-16-22, 08:26 AM   #3200
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Saw this in a Danish News Paper

bookmaker offers good odds on admiral Kuznetsov

If she is the next to be sunk you will not get much return for the 100 bucks you bet.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 04-16-22, 09:05 AM   #3201
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

New strikes hit the outskirts of the Ukrainian capital, Kyiv, and explosions have been heard in the western city of Lviv.

One person has been killed and several wounded in the strikes, Kyiv's Mayor Vitali Klitschko says.

Russia's defence ministry says the missile strikes targeted a military plant in the capital Kyiv.

Russia has banned UK PM Boris Johnson and other senior ministers from entering Russia over the country's "hostile" stance on the war.

Moscow formally warns of "unpredictable consequences" if the US and allies keep supplying weapons to Ukraine.

President Volodymyr Zelensky says the world should be prepared for the possibility Russia will target Ukraine with a nuclear strike.

The Kremlin previously said it would only resort to nuclear weapons if faced with an "existential threat"

Kyiv's police chief says 900 civilians have been found dead in towns around the capital after Russian troops left.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 04-16-22, 09:19 AM   #3202
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Russia's foreign ministry says it has imposed sanctions on US President Joe Biden and 12 other US officials.

The list includes Secretary of State Antony Blinken, Defence Secretary Lloyd Austin, press secretary Jen Psaki and other members of the administration.

But it also includes two surprises: former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Mr Biden's son Hunter.

The measures block their entry into Russia and freeze any assets held in the country.

However, the ministry has said the sanctions will not impede necessary high-level contacts for the affected individuals.

Other names on the list are:

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley
National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan
Deputy National Security Adviser Daleep Singh
US Agency for International Development (USAID) Administrator Samantha Power
Deputy Secretary of the Treasury Wally Adeyemo
President of the Export-Import Bank of the US Reta Jo Lewis
The ministry has said it is applying sanctions "on the basis of reciprocity".

Russia is now the most sanctioned country in the world.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 04-16-22, 10:59 AM   #3203
Skybird
Soaring

US officials warn of a beginning pince attack of Russia in the East of the Ukraine. They are very alarmed about the fact that the Ukrainian forces need to spend ammo much faster there than new ammo can be brought into the Ukraine. That now the focus of battle is in the East of the country which shortens the Russian supply lines and lengthens the Ukrainian ones, and the Ukraine having lost a significant ammount of its artillery already, does not make it better. The US urges its allies to send much more artillery munition, at the current spendign rates the planned additional 48.000 rounds the US wants to deliver would be consumed in less than a week.

Thats a nightmare scenario: being isolated and surrounded from all sides - and then running out of ammo. The Ukraine has its most experienced troops in the Donbass-Luhansk region now, and the threat that they get compleetly encircled and then one by one annihilated is very real.

They need ammo, ammo, ammo.
Old 04-16-22, 11:39 AM   #3204
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
US officials warn of a beginning pince attack of Russia in the East of the Ukraine. They are very alarmed about the fact that the Ukrainian forces need to spend ammo much faster there than new ammo can be brought into the Ukraine. That now the focus of battle is in the East of the country which shortens the Russian supply lines and lengthens the Ukrainian ones, and the Ukraine having lost a significant ammount of its artillery already, does not make it better. The US urges its allies to send much more artillery munition, at the current spendign rates the planned additional 48.000 rounds the US wants to deliver would be consumed in less than a week.

Thats a nightmare scenario: being isolated and surrounded from all sides - and then running out of ammo. The Ukraine has its most experienced troops in the Donbass-Luhansk region now, and the threat that they get compleetly encircled and then one by one annihilated is very real.

They need ammo, ammo, ammo.
From what I understand by reading the news several shipment with ammo should be on its way..Then there's this logistical to get it to the front.

USA are sending 155mm artillery with 3000 ammo.

Edit
I was wrong it's 40.000 artillery rounds to these 155 mm howitzer

Quote:
Kirby said the weapons are “reflective of the kind of fighting that the Ukrainians are expecting to be faced with here in this more confined geographic area” of Donbas, noting Ukraine specifically asked for artillery “fire support”.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/...ge-for-ukraine

End edit

Markus

Last edited by mapuc; 04-16-22 at 11:58 AM.
mapuc is online  
Old 04-16-22, 12:16 PM   #3205
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
[...]
I love it when this fascist Kremlin scum first assaults another nation, then threatens retaliation if the victim dares to defend itself and may attack the attacker on his own soil, and now bullies others helping the victim to help itself. [...]
That.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 04-16-22, 12:25 PM   #3206
Skybird
Soaring

At the current expenditure rate those 40K artillery shots form the US will not even last one week. And the Russian offenbsoive has not even started to roll, and losses of Ukrianian artillery and Russian interdiction strikes of ammo transports from the Polish border to Ukraine's East are not even counted in. And the Russians have satellites too - not just the US.

Several Wetsenr military anaylsts and forme rgewnrals all say more or less the same, that the Russian find it very difficult to learn form their mistakes and to adapt to a situation not forseen by their plan: nevertheless, in some areas they adapt - slowly, but noticably.

Many of thos eunits withdrawn form Kyiv that were estamiated to be incpabale to reneter the war some time later, meanwhile have entered the Ukraine once again into the Donbass and Luhansk. How their morale and efficiency is, however, is another question.

This new upcoming battle will be much more difficult for the ukrainians. Its possibly also the one that will decide this war.

They need more material, and ammo, and they need it NOW. Time's running out.

Scholz, thius sneaky gnome, again plays foul,a dn frees one billion for the Ukraine instead of sendign material form the Bundeswehgr, IFVs for exmaple. So the border for stuff is placed by the ukrioanbe, and then the fomailites for apporv ing the export must be run, and all that costs time, and the industry must produce it or get it somewhere else - AND ALL THIOS COSTS TIOME, MORE TIME, AND MORE TIME. An underhanded manouver by Scholz who wnats to give the impression that he is engaged while actually he tries desperately not to get engaged.

I hope this coaltion flies apart at all direcitons simeulateously, and soon. The biggest problem in it is the the three poarties and the many, many duds that were called up for mn9nster - the biggets progek m is the chancellor himself, and as I have said months it advance - this was forseeable since he behaves currently like he has behaved in all his political career, always dodging, always hesitating always avoiding, always sneaking aorund. And recentöly he even ha dth enerves ot tlel the Germans that he "leads" becasue he were not doing what is demanded from him!

He has his own private universe he draws his percpetions from. It is completely disconnected from the universe you and me live in. Forget that speech form some weeksd ago, its mostly meaningless. If only a tenth of the consequences promised in it would come true over the years, I already would be surprised.
Old 04-16-22, 12:32 PM   #3207
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Of course Russia threaten that's the only thing they can do. When it comes to Western Support to Ukraine

I don't think they will use nukes, chemical perhaps and most likely at the front

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 04-16-22, 05:18 PM   #3208
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Read this on the liveuamap

Ukrainian Air Defense shot down 4 cruise missiles launched by Su-35 aircraft based at Baranovychy airfield

This airfield is not so far from the polish border..maybe Russia is starting to do something to the logistic on the Ukrainian side.

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 04-16-22, 05:36 PM   #3209
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Russians are hitting logistic more these last days. Russia in real scrape the barrel - we can see 9K55 Grad-1 MRLS on ZiL-131 on transport to fronts. This system's decommissioned decades ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 04-16-22, 06:10 PM   #3210
Skybird
Soaring

Russia is waiting for better weather, for less muddy ground. Could be the case by the middle of next week, the forecasts say. Troops and material are in place. They had launched their invasion at the wrong time of the year.

They have amassed plenty of artillery and missiles of all kinds they can get in the Donbass and Luhansk region. If they can keep that in logistical supply, all the firepower that previously was distributed amongst several splintered fronts now will be focussed on just one theatre of operation.

That slaughterer general from Syria they have put into command unfortunately seems to know a bit on what he is doing. No more risky experiments with air mobility spearheads and exotic tactics, just focussed, concentrated, proven, amassed brute force in overkill dosis.