SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-07, 11:00 AM   #286
Strider_JD
Swabbie

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Gruber
NYGM contains RUB so you can safely remove RUB if you're going to use NYGM.

Thanks
Old 09-25-07, 11:27 AM   #287
Strider_JD
Swabbie

Downloads: 1
Default Downloading problem

Hi,

For some reason I can't download any of the NYGM files from FileFront. I keep getting a file called X6 each time. Any alternative links available?
Old 09-25-07, 12:36 PM   #288
coronas
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Gruber

On a seperate note, are there any plans to make any further releases for NYGM ? I ask because I wouldn't mind incorporating some of the eye candy stuff that will soon be made available.....I know NYGM isn't really an eye candy mod but some of the stuff being brought over from SHIV is a must in my humble oh so very low oppinion.

Cheers.....
I agree.
Old 09-25-07, 01:48 PM   #289
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

Will there ever be another NYGM mod release?

Probably.
For every NYGM release we try to add something that is significantly new, either made by us (these days, that means Der Teddy Bar and/or me) or made by other talented modders (especially our friend Anvart) to our specification.
Of course, we try also to include any exciting mods made independently by other people (including Anvart), with their permission. Usually these get slightly altered too, to meet our requirements.

So any new release depends on us having a new idea that we regard as worthwhile. At the moment DTB is working on a new idea to make it harder to float into a convoy directly from the front, without altering the AI detector sensitivities. It works fine in preliminary testing. Hence my use of the word 'probably', above. It may sound like a small game change, but it makes a huge difference to game play with NYGM.

Will we incorporate items taken/altered from SH4?

No, not knowingly. Sorry, but we must respect Ubisoft's copyright.

NYGM and RUB.
NYGM is indeed based on RUb, like most (all?) of the other large mods, but there are now a huge number of differences in appearance and game-play. RUb should not be present when you play NYGM. To be safe, start with a clean install of SH3, patch with 1.4b, install NYGM 2.5 Fulson (= Full Version), overlay with NYGM 2.6B. Also, delete or rename your folder 'My Documents\SH3' at this stage before attempting to play.

Stiebler.
Old 10-09-07, 12:58 PM   #290
kranz
The Old Man

Downloads: 5

Strider_JD- download this file, select it, press F2 and write e.g-"NYGM.7z" or just add .7z extension to the "X6" name.Then open the file using 7zip software.
Old 10-11-07, 09:13 PM   #291
u.Prestige
Loader

Downloads: 30

@Stiebler
I want to extract the core tonnage based experience system related files from the NYGM pack so that other super mods can import them to use tonnage based system instead of renown based system with minimium changes.
Which files should I choose?
Thanks a lot
Old 10-11-07, 09:19 PM   #292
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly
Doesnt FF delete new files that have been downloaded only a few times and then have no download activity for a few weeks? Not 100% sure, tho... :hmm:
No its deletes anything
I had one queued the other day had only uploaded a week before

The only way to be sure is to log in
Dont bank on getting a warning email

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
Old 10-13-07, 01:53 AM   #293
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@u.Prestige:
Quote:
I want to extract the core tonnage based experience system related files from the NYGM pack so that other super mods can import them to use tonnage based system instead of renown based system with minimium changes.
Which files should I choose?
There are several files involved, and I can no longer recall which files without an extensive search for which I regret that I lack the time. To give an idea of the extent of your problem, every single ship in NYGM has had its renown set equal to its tonnage, and this also needs to be done for any new ships added to NYGM (or to any mod that might incorporate the tonnage war model). Every acquired item (when you upgrade U-boat equipment) has had its renown set to zero.

In any case, though, you could not easily extract the cfg files and overlay them onto another mod, since other mods will certainly have altered the same files for their own purposes.

Stiebler.
Old 10-13-07, 06:47 AM   #294
q65
Loader

Downloads: 386

Is there away to get rid of the tails and make all contacts grey? I have searched but I dont see anything. I know there was a mod for GWX just wonder if there is something for NYGM
Old 10-13-07, 09:11 AM   #295
q65
Loader

Downloads: 386

Think I got it now. I used a mod from Rubini that I had for GWX seems to work.
Time to hunt
Old 10-20-07, 01:40 PM   #296
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Stiebler,

Just reporting in: 2.6B runs very well, started a campaign in the Mediterranean March 1943 aircrafts are again a nightmare Have no idea why they dissapeared in 2.5 for me, but it certainly is solved now

Looking forward to give the new Type XXIII a try later, will probably start a new, paralell, campaign in 1945 to use it. Wouldn't it be possible to use the fantastic 3D model done by Flakmonkey? :hmm: If not, any ideas what would need to be done in order to make it usable?

Thanks
Old 10-20-07, 03:08 PM   #297
xristoskaiti
Lieutenant

Downloads: 456

I believe him they make for GW..............
Old 10-21-07, 06:05 AM   #298
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@Hitman

Thanks for the feedback on aircraft power with NYGM 2_6B. It should indeed be much tougher now. Especially the Bay of Biscay in 1943-1944.

It is not possible to use Flak Monkey's Type XXIII boat for human play (only for AI). There was a discussion about this when the XXIII was first released. I believe that the boat was created in one piece, not in two (boat + turm) which created complications, and the boat lacks an interior.

Someone also posted that he and a small group were going to work on creating a human-playable Type XXIII boat. Nothing has been heard from them since.

While I understand and sympathize with a modder's need to state that he is about to make a new mod, to prevent competition with another modder accidently trying to make the same mod at the same time, this practice has the unfortunate result that talented modders are prevented from starting work on mods that others claim to be working on. Then the 'claimers' fail to deliver (but they *never* announce that they are abandoning work) and the modding community is left with nothing. Readers can probably think of their own examples from SH3, but this problem also appears to be affecting the SH4 modding community too.

Making 3-D U-boats or ships lies outside my skill-set. I have no knowledge as to what the GWX team may or may not be making.

Stiebler.
Old 10-21-07, 06:58 AM   #299
The Munster
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 2

[quote=Stiebler

While I understand and sympathize with a modder's need to state that he is about to make a new mod, to prevent competition with another modder accidently trying to make the same mod at the same time, this practice has the unfortunate result that talented modders are prevented from starting work on mods that others claim to be working on. Then the 'claimers' fail to deliver (but they *never* announce that they are abandoning work) and the modding community is left with nothing. Readers can probably think of their own examples from SH3, but this problem also appears to be affecting the SH4 modding community too.

Stiebler.[/quote]

I'm not a Modder but have spotted this happening time and time again.
Maybe there should be a stickied 'abandonement' thread where a Modder can declare he [or she] are unable to continue working/developing a Mod and a description/intention.
Probably never happen but just a thought.

GWX Team Member; Retired
GWX Home Page

Last edited by The Munster; 10-21-07 at 07:20 AM.
Old 10-21-07, 07:27 AM   #300
xristoskaiti
Lieutenant

Downloads: 456

Closed Thread