SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-25-08, 07:32 AM   #286
W4lt3r
Ensign

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0

RIight, just DLed the SDK 5.1 and i dont understand it one bit... How to manually start the thing etc...
Because my speech recognition panel in Control panel only has 1 and half lines of text and it is "If you would like to learn more about speech related tools and support from Microsoft, please visit the Microsoft Speech Online Community"

And on that site there is no clue at all HOW To install the damn thing. It already presumes i got the software.

Last edited by W4lt3r; 04-25-08 at 07:46 AM.
W4lt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-08, 03:31 PM   #287
minsc_tdp
XO

Downloads: 1

Yeah I don't think the 5.1 Speech SDK is going to help on Vista.

I found this thread:
http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/mic...cognition.html

Where an MS guy states that:

The speech recognition capability is currently available in the following
language versions of Vista.

English (U.S.)
English (U.K.)
German (Germany)
French (France)
Spanish (Spain)
Japanese
Chinese (Traditional)
Chinese (Simplified)

So I would guess you are using a different language version, right? If so, another person asked the MS guy if there was a way to just use the English speech stuff in his foreign language Vista and he said he doesn't know how.

I just started a Vista machine and so, if you do Start and search for "Speech" (without pressing enter) you should see "Windows Speech Recognition" and "Speech Recognition Options". Clicking "Windows Speech Recognition" will start the recognizer and sh4speech should work. I'm guessing it won't start on your system due to an error, which the "Speech Recognition Options" and MS online help should guide you through fixing.
Old 04-25-08, 04:25 PM   #288
W4lt3r
Ensign

"Because my speech recognition panel in Control panel only has 1 and half lines of text and it is "If you would like to learn more about speech related tools and support from Microsoft, please visit the Microsoft Speech Online Community"

Missed that part? I Dont have ANY thing there, and originally this was finnish but i use now english U.K Non-Unicode on this.. *sigh* Guess i can only dream of this mod.
Old 04-27-08, 02:25 AM   #289
minsc_tdp
XO

Downloads: 1

Why not switch to an english version of windows?
Old 04-27-08, 04:27 AM   #290
W4lt3r
Ensign

I dont have a CD/DVD for English Vista, and strangely, when i bought this PC.. I got an XP Installation CD instead of Vista Home Professional installation CD

But, doesn't matter. Maybe with the V SP1 there'll be voice for other languages as well..
Old 05-20-08, 11:59 AM   #291
platounet
Swabbie

Downloads: 233
Default Sh4speech and Real Fleet Boat

Sh4speech is a very enjoyable mod.. But as i like to play with RFB , i 'll be grateful if it was possible to have a version of Sh4speech for RFB as you did for TMO...Think about it and thanks you very much!
platounet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-08, 08:07 AM   #292
tomoose
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 23
Default Still problems with aft torpedoes and voice

minsc_tdp;
me again, LOL. I've been away for awhile and am back enjoying SHIV and SH4 Speech. I'm still having the same problem as before.

I start mission with "I have six tubes" and "reset all tubes" and "reset all dials" etc.
When I'm using the TDC etc I have no problem with tubes 1 to 4. I say "tube 3" it goes to tube 3. When I say "tube 5" or "tube 6" (the aft tubes) there's no reaction or it will default back to tube 1. The same applies for later subs with 10 tubes, the forward tubes react accordingly whereas the aft tubes don't and I have to use the cursor.

Perhaps I need to do more "practice" with SDK to get it more familiar with my voice but it seems more than a coincidence that it's always the aft tubes in each sub.

Have you had a chance to look at this?
Thanks for your time.
Tomoose
tomoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-08, 06:09 AM   #293
Anachronous
Medic

Downloads: 22

While playing and having to adjust all my commands for custom menus and keymaps. I was thinking about how to best make this compatible with various mods.

While making profiles is a good idea, it can also can be a pain to make all those profiles and also it relies on buttons being in the same place as well as keymaps being unchanged per install.

If it was possible to map every single command in SH4 to a key press, then one could make a custom commands.cfg to include with the speech program. This commands config could work for almost every sub and every mod, regardless of whether the current commandbar had the required buttons, or where they were.

This would also make it a lot more user friendly, because key presses are instant, where as moving the mouse all over the screen can depend on what the user is doing.

Even if not every command could be key-mapped in the commands.cfg, then the fewer mouse movements the better. Only the default keys would need to be left alone, so users can use them as in the standard game, but all other additions could be done using vacant keys and variations with CTRL, ALT, SHIFT etc.

We really need a keymapping program that works properly with SH4
Old 07-16-08, 07:54 AM   #294
raymond6751
Admirable Mike

Downloads: 421
Default Sounds good

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsc_tdp
I've been playing with it for more than an hour or so. DAMN is it fun! Hasn't misinterpreted a single command. Did a convoy kamikaze mission to stress it out. Only a very small number of commands went unheard, such as "hard to port" for some reason (probably due to the rough T sounds), but usually only when stuff on my boat was exploding, which I find very realistic! The recognition and response is very quick. I can't wait to set up shooting solutions with it. I'm playing with a nice mic about 1.5 feet from my mouth on the desk, and it works great even with 5.1 sound blaring throughout the room and my brother's stereo cranked in the next room.
Hmmm. I stopped using previous voice cmd software because extraneous sounds would cause problems. I wonder if the results above were due to a good mic or the software? Anyone else have same results as above?
Old 07-16-08, 02:33 PM   #295
Jaeger
Chief

Downloads: 28

hi minsc,

i hope you can help me using the speech engine for sh4 with a german vista. i installed the german language pack on my english vista ultimate, now my running system is completly german. the speech recognition engine is running fine in vista (it understands most of my german orders, the language is set to german of course) but when using your programm, i have got some problems. i changed some commands in the voice_commands.csv to german words (for ex. Angriffssehrrohr for periscope), but it doesnt understand them. the vista recognition engine is running in the background. what is the key? where is my problem? i think it should be possible to use your program in german language, isnt it?

edit: some words are recognised every time and i can read them in the vista applet too, but others never are understood, though they are in the voice_commands.csv list. an example: "feuer" is recognised every time, "seekarte" is never recognised. in dictat mode (in notepad for ex.), these words are well understood... why not in sh4speech?

Last edited by Jaeger; 07-21-08 at 03:51 AM.
Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-08, 03:51 AM   #296
Jaeger
Chief

bump!

ary there any members here, who tried to use the speech engine in another language than english?

Last edited by Jaeger; 07-21-08 at 07:30 AM.
Old 07-21-08, 10:28 AM   #297
tomoose
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 23
Default @raymond6751

I'm very happy with SH4 Speech. I have to be careful clearing my throat while wearing my headset as that always takes me to the Control Room, LOL. Once in a while but rarely I might have to repeat a command but nothing serious. The only problem I have is as I've mentioned above with regard to the torpedo tubes. It's a little bit of a pain but I simply use the mouse to select the aft tubes and carry on with voice.
Great immersion aspect to this little tool. Sorry to see some others are having problems with Vista (more reason for me not to switch yet).
tomoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-08, 12:43 PM   #298
Jaeger
Chief

yeah, you are right, in xp it is running fine. but i am german and my language is not supported in the speech sdk from microsoft. so i had to change to vista, where they included voice recognition for the german language, too.

i am sure it can run fine, but how to configure the vista recognition and the speech tool to work correctly?
Old 07-21-08, 01:31 PM   #299
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

I had to quit useing your great mod.

Everytime I was in shallow waters my wife would come up behind me and yell CRASH DIVE and walk away laughing.

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-08, 02:52 PM   #300
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREWALL
I had to quit useing your great mod.

Everytime I was in shallow waters my wife would come up behind me and yell CRASH DIVE and walk away laughing.
:rotfl:That's where the push to talk option really comes in handy Of course, if your wife is anything like mine, she'd just wait 'till I was ready to give an order and pressed the middle mouse button to scream.

RSM-GIEP-Killflags-LV Tribute-Playable Elco __Peace be with you, Dave.

Digital_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote