SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-16-15, 11:45 PM   #16
Riken19
Swabbie

Downloads: 607
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crannogman View Post
What about AI? I'd like to get the Nagato and Mutsu into action
I never really brought in an AI ship before but I'll give it a whirl later on. Just keep reminding me about this. Thanks
Riken19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-15, 02:14 AM   #17
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riken19 View Post
Straight up never had that happen before. I corrected the camera setting in the .dat file under the node Dummy_Deck_Watch and just put it where it needed to be and pointed into the right direction. The watch crews were made hidden for the moment because it really didn't need them with all the sensors. Besides, they're usually the first to die when you take a round from the enemy.

Ohhhh yeah. Oops. that Wellington shouldn't have gotten in there with the pics of the other ships. When I get a working ship, I take a pic of it in game and save it to a file for my records, so I shared the ones I was going to upload. It will work anywhere in the game...except when the game spawns the Yamato.... then it CTDs. Havent figured that one out yet, but it's a bad ass ship. That one isn't realistic in any sense. Rate of fire has been advanced on all guns and turrent speeds too .

Didn't upload for that reason and the reason that I will be flooded with: It don't work, it crashes the game, blah blah blah.

The deck guns do work as do the AA guns, but most are unmanable. Your the captain. COMMAND! You tell your boys what to do and just sit back and watch your enemy sink.....hopefully
That's alright, the settings can be changed to make it more realistic. I'm presuming then the BB Missouri won't be an upload either? For the watch crew it would be nice to have some company up there on the watchtower ��

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-15, 08:35 AM   #18
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Quite the list you have there. But you should have read this first, and still should so you understand:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...062#post555062

Now I have a couple of issues: First, there was already a Los Angeles (688 and 688i), Ohio, and Skipjack for 1.4, which leads to my second issue.

The aforementioned mods were, either in whole or part, my work. All included documentation was deleted, documentation that specifically called for notification of the mod authors. I received none.

Please immediately remove all links and files for the Los Angeles, Oklahoma City, Ohio, and Skipjack mods you've uploaded.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-15, 10:45 AM   #19
Riken19
Swabbie

All downloads links, mediafire uploads, and pictures removed. Problem solved

EDITED by Riken(ME): So it's not looked at wrong, I did not remove everything because of what ETR3(SS) said. He's not the reason.

Last edited by Riken19; 06-20-15 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-19-15, 06:06 PM   #20
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 1

A pity to say the least.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.

Last edited by Fearless; 06-19-15 at 09:19 PM.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-15, 07:34 PM   #21
Riken19
Swabbie

Default Just for the record

Just for the record. I had received enough emails (19 and counting) saying that I stole other peoples work and claimed them as my own.

To all: What did I say in my first post before any of the downloads started?

I take no credit for any of the work done here.

I did all these conversions so that people with 1.4 could enjoy the same mods as 1.5 users (yes some mods had already been released, my bad.
ETR3(SS) I'm sorry you're getting the blame for this but your work is already listed and I should have looked a little harder before posting. I was just going to remove the links to your mods until I saw those several other emails after your post. I just said screw it at that point and took them all out.

To you and others. Sorry for deleting the text files. I had deleted those long ago to save space. Again, not my intention to steal any work.

For the other people: you know who you are....
As for the ETIQUETTE GUIDELINES... I didn't steal them, I didn't take credit for them, I didn't release them on another site, I didn't make them for another game, and I didn't use mods from the bonus mod section here. And I am too damn broke to be getting any money from them.

Ok, so I didn't ask 15,000 people for their permission to convert a mod that has either been lost by dead links here or the topic has been dead since 2006.

I wont name names but one of you stated that what I was doing was taking copyrighted work and openly giving it away. That is against the law and you will be sued in court. Really? I made all this for the game it came out of. If that's the case we should all be sued. Don't you think?

Here's the deal people:

I saw enough people asking for links and no one answers back. A lot of them were 1.4 users asking which version it was for, yet no answer. I had posted these to give those SH4 fans an answer they were looking for and more. I thank those people who downloaded those mods. 3,154 total downloads in 4 days. If I were you, I wouldn't post them anywhere without asking permission or you'll end up like me.

Sorry it all have to come down to this but I have deleted all those emails you sent me, took down all my mods, killed any links, removed mods from mediafire, and took out the pictures so that no one has any more room to complain. I washed my hands of it, I suggest you do the same.

If you are one of those lucky ones who got any of these mods before I took them off, I cant tell you what to do with them here, but I would suggest not sharing any of them. I wont be distrubiting any thing out personally via pm or email from here on out.

I do have to say this, This sure is one hell of a way to treat a new guy. Especially one who is learning (on his own mind you) how to modify, convert, and share the work of everyone involved with the world. 3 years of work just went down the drain for the rest of the world. Just because my screen name is on the post, doesn't mean that I claim it as my own. If those of you would have just read all the text in the first post, this would have all been made clear and would not have been any issue. Instead you see your mod in the lists and accuse me of stealing along with everything else. Way to go you F'ing morons. This was my first release here at SUBSIM. And now my last.

ETR3(SS) That last part didn't apply to you sir. By the way, I respected your wishes and removed the links you requested of me....and then some.

I'm done. Ban me if you want. I really don't care anymore. If this is how new modders and SH4 fans are treated, then I guess I really don't need to be here.

Last edited by Webster; 06-20-15 at 09:58 AM. Reason: removed bad language
Old 06-19-15, 09:11 PM   #22
Marka Ragnos
Weps

Downloads: 184

There have been several incidents in the past regarding "stealing" and while i do appreciate you taking the time bringing those old mods back online and make them available to all, credits to the original modders is needed it takes alot of work creating those great subs.

I'm not saying you are taking credit or anything like that i'm sure that was not the case, for example i created the SeaQuest mod and found it online on youtube someone claimed that he released it... believe me that really really sucks

Maybe we should all relax take a step back and i'm sure a solution is easy to find.

No bans, no ignoring or insulting we are all here for 1 thing and thats enjoying this forum and SH IV.

Old 06-19-15, 09:56 PM   #23
Riken19
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marka Ragnos View Post
... credits to the original modders is needed it takes alot of work creating those great subs.

Maybe we should all relax take a step back and i'm sure a solution is easy to find.
Ok. being that there were so many to credit.....15,000, I saw it easier to say where I got the mods from and as bluntly as possible, where one who could r...e...a...d, see in red bold itilac underlined wording of that. I cant credit all, but to properly credit those involved requires another 3 years of searching. That is why I listed where I got the mods from. I'm sure there is a credit list already there. Now don't get me wrong. I'll credit those involved as I appreciate their hard work. I know what it takes to mod and create something new, then bang your head against the wall trying to get it right. I have been there, but with airplanes.

As for the solution...well that was pretty harsh what was said to me in those emails. I'm glad that they took the care not to publically say it on here in the open, but still. What I mentioned in my earlier post was the nicer of it all. Simplest solution was to read that I don't take any credit for this list of mods I posted and that I made a list of everywhere I got them from.

I will share this. one of the reoccurring statements in a lot of those emails was that 1.5 is a purchased extension of the game and releasing any part of it for free usage was not allowed here. The same goes for SHIII and SHV.

That said, we need to take down all the other mods that are like that posted here. I know these are modders and the feeling I'm getting from them is not because I didn't credit or use mods from other games, but rather that I'm a nobody that suddenly turned into somebody over night with a lot of mods. Maybe I took some of their ideas or finished something they were working on. I really don't know. But to keep you moderators from having to put out a forest fire with a spray bottle over this, I just decided to take it all down. The more I think on it, I'm really not the one getting hurt here, though I'm taking the majority of it, but the fans...well, they're the ones hurting.

I just know if I put it all back up, even if properly credited or worded, i'll be receiving the same "fan mail" I had been. Funny enough, after I took down all the links, pics, photos, and updates.....the emails stopped.

I'm not here to piss off anyone. Like you said, we're here to just have fun. just sad that the fun I had was over when I woke up this morning. I honestly felt like I made a difference here and would be welcomed in shaking babies and kissing hands with all of you. instead, I got kicked to the curb.... For now, i'll just observe like I had been before all this.

Thanks to all for your support... and the 3,000+ downloads in 4 days! Made me feel really good to see that.

Riken

Last edited by Riken19; 06-19-15 at 10:04 PM.
Old 06-20-15, 04:39 AM   #24
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Well I certainly didn't anticipate or hope for this kind of solution, so let me say a few words on my thoughts and feelings.

I was a stalwart 1.4 user for quite a while refusing to pay for a 1.5 patch to the game (that was a hornets nest back when it came out). Like you, I saw the lack of mods being made for the 1.4 users and decided to give modding a try. That's when I started with the Ohio and Skipjack that Tomagabriel had made.

I never got into SH3 modding, so modding SH4 was a learning experience. I taught myself and asked a few questions. Given the nature of my mods it was pushing the limits on what we could do to make it as close to reality as possible while sticking in the WWII setting. Then add on top of that things that worked in SH3 no longer worked in 4.

Eventually I broke down and got 1.5, and I can't say I regret it. I'm not a fanboy of the uboats at all, so that aspect didn't interest me in the slightest. It was the bug fixes that came with it that made life easier. I broke away from modding 1.4 even though I still had an install for that version. But in that time I had taken over the Los Angeles and focused my efforts on understanding the game mechanics and improving this one mod.

Oh and the hate. It wasn't much but a comment here and there about "Why don't you go play Sub Command or Dangerous Waters?!" "That's not realistic at all!" The realism nazis came out of the woodwork to tell me how to mod and play a game I spent my money on.

So there is the brief rundown on my modding upbringing. Now let me go into detail about finding this thread and my feelings on it, from the perspective of an affected individual.

I read your whole post and looked over the entire list before addressing my work. Let me point out where you ruffled some feathers. You openly did not claim that this was all your work. But you did claim that you converted them for 1.4, thus claiming it as your work. Now this is where I started looking at screenshots and downloading what were my mods. An artist will recognize their work and it didn't take long to figure out what I was looking at.

My reaction. I have no problem with people modding my work for their own use on their computer, I'm guilty of the same thing myself. What really got me was that you took what was my work, modified it from it's original release state, and redistributed it as work you had done when in fact I had already done all the work. Now you might have picked it up somewhere else and some of these changes were already made, thus not fully your fault, but you are the one that got caught with you hands in the cookie jar.

Modding can be a cutthroat business, not just here but anywhere. Hence about 95% of my work never sees the light of day. And I mod quite a few games. But anyways I had to say something. There's no need to be a dick to get your point across but you do need to be firm in the matter. And honestly the only people who should be up in arms about this are the affected modders! And then it is up to them how best to handle the situation. Getting permission can be a long process but a needed one to avoid just a situation we have here. For example I started working on the 688i before receiving permission, but I did try all the means at my disposal to contact the original modder. Eventually he came back and granted me permission but this was after I had already released the mod.

You've learned a hard lesson about the modding world in not the prettiest way possible. I for one want you to continue your work with this lesson in hand, if for no other reason than the torch needs to be passed to a new generation of modders. I've lost my drive for modding SH4 and no longer will, at least for public release.

Anyways at the end of the day all I wanted was my work taken down. Sorry it created a firestorm. And I don't have any ill feelings toward you on the matter. I've reached the end of my attention span that ADD gives me and I think I addressed everything as best as possible. Keep modding, if only just for yourself.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-15, 09:45 AM   #25
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) View Post
I read your whole post and looked over the entire list before addressing my work. Let me point out where you ruffled some feathers. You openly did not claim that this was all your work. But you did claim that you converted them for 1.4, thus claiming it as your work. Now this is where I started looking at screenshots and downloading what were my mods. An artist will recognize their work and it didn't take long to figure out what I was looking at.
speaking purely as a fellow modder and not as a moderators position, I see it as if he made the claim he converted it to use with v1.4 and that is what he did, then that is not "claiming it as his work". lets face it, if he altered the mod to work with a different game then the alteration "is" his work as long as he maintains the credits to the original modder for the mod itself "as best he can" and makes no claim to the content and form of the original mod as his own, just saying.

and to be clear, I think any removal of original modders documentation or alterations that change the mod from its original form and content beyond the adapting to the v1.4 game is mod tampering in my view and I think there was no bad intent here, just a misunderstanding.

I will also add that if you create a mod and someone sends you a PM to request permissions to convert or for using all or part of it, then it is very "reasonable" for anyone to assume the lack of any reply after the appropriate time has passed (I would think 2 weeks) then that lack of reply can and should be viewed as a sign the modder has abandoned the work or is no longer around or does not care so it would be ok to go ahead.

that said, a late or after the fact contact from the modder objecting to its use should have the mod removed or corrected to overcome the objection or outright removed if insisted upon or the issue cant be resolved.

but I will add this, if a mod is made for v1.5 and the modder does not want to make a v1.4 version but someone else does, I see no permission would be required just to convert the mod to v1.4 "provided" the mod as a whole was left intact as originally created along with all original read me or documentation and then maybe a brief note added that it was converted by whoever for v1.4 use and say if it was done with or even without permission because you couldn't contact the original mod maker.

the main thing is to protect the credits and I think that is where most people are most protective or any statements that do not clearly spell out who created the mod.

I am glad you two are having this conversation and hopefully the issues raised can be sorted out and this mod conversion can be re released with proper credits and documentations still in tact.

Last edited by Webster; 06-20-15 at 10:02 AM.
Old 06-20-15, 02:08 PM   #26
Riken19
Swabbie

I see both of your points. Some modders may see their work reposted and will raise all hell to get it removed. Some modders aren't around or just don't care what happens, or some, like you sir, don't mind as long as it's left untouched. While your's were already created for v1.4, I really saw no problem with taking them down as requested. no sense in double posting a mod unless it's to put all the eggs in one basket.

On the part of deleting the text for docs. I had an older computer back then...really slow. Yes. I deleted them when I put them into my mods folder. and if Karle had to say something, it would be, "why did you delete my 3D folder in it"? again, it was to save space. I realized that it was for going back and working on the 3D itself and did not affect the game it they were taken out. I 7zipped the mod and placed it in my personal MOD library for a back up on my external. no harm, no foul.

I played like this for years building my library as I found mods that worked with 1.4. seeing all those other cool mods that didn't work for my game, and wanting them badly, but couldn't have them. I decided to start learning. So instead of asking someone to help teach me, I set off to play around with minor changes. This would mean weapons only at this point

I dug around here for any information I could get my hands on for converting a mod and used from lots of practice and head banging to get a simplier way of converting done. That's when I got going. I hit the web looking for any mods for this game. Whether it was for SHIII, SH4, SHV, I converted it.

One day, I saw several post asking if it will work in 1.4 on several mods. No one had an answer or just said no, its for 1.5 only. I had the mental image of a starving child looking into a restraunt window and being shooed away. I had all these mods in my pocket and more at home waiting to be converted that these people wanted.

That's when I took the mods that I had in my personal library and began to upload them all. While doing so, I again had the mental image of that same child looking through the window, but this time I walked up and gave that child money to go inside and eat. That drove me harder to get it done.

After all was uploaded and awesomely presented here, I sat back and waited, and waited, and waited. I fell asleep in my office chair that night waiting. When I woke up, I saw that I had people downloading. at that point, I had 438 downloads in a matter of 1 hour. I thought to myself, This game just came back to life in full swing!

We don't need to go any further than that because that's what we're working on now.

But when I uploaded everything I had, it was the way I had set it all up in my personal game. Yes I removed extra 3D files, and documentation to save space. those files were already 7zipped and ready to go. I am guilty of being in a hurry and not fixing that. In the future I will make sure to reestablish the credit line and docs, along with my taking no credit in open forum.

I did not have any problems with any of you that has posted on this topic. You just got caught up in the mix of it all. I am truly sorry that it was pointed at you. I was just openly defending myself to those who hid behind the internet and emails. I was calling them out.

I do ask that maybe we can see if we can get a section for 1.4 and 1.5 set up in the Ship Downloads. I know all the mods are sparaticly spread out all over and get buried over topics. This will also help for dead links.

On the dead links side of it, Let me know of the ship and i'll look to see if I have it, If I do, I'll secure permission to upload it. I'm getting ready for a flood now, but I do what I do for the fans of SH. The starving children

Last edited by Riken19; 06-20-15 at 02:14 PM.
Old 06-20-15, 05:50 PM   #27
yubba
Admiral

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 2
Default Sorry to see this,,

I was about to download a couple of these what a loss,, it a shame that some got their panties in a bunch,, I know I fix acouple of these to get them to run properly I got pt 109 to fire torpedos and changed deck gun load out
yubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-15, 11:53 AM   #28
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by yubba View Post
I was about to download a couple of these what a loss,, it a shame that some got their panties in a bunch,, I know I fix acouple of these to get them to run properly I got pt 109 to fire torpedos and changed deck gun load out
Well that would be nice, to have a PT boat that can fire a torpedo, and have the guns working. How did you do it? (apology for going off topic here)
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-15, 12:27 PM   #29
yubba
Admiral

QUOTE=aanker;2322961]Well that would be nice, to have a PT boat that can fire a torpedo, and have the guns working. How did you do it? (apology for going off topic here)[ QUOTE]
it was quite a while back,, use the pt 109 found here ,, it was lacking torpedos in the equipment files just add them like I said it was a while back and I mostly forgot what I did but I have it up and running sadly I couldn't get it to run in a campaign the torps will fire as same as a sub I had no problems running at full speed and fireing and hitting the target,, your best way to edit this mod is to compare the files of the pt 109 to the files of the sub it is based on and fill in where the torpedos are missing you only get 4 and you will have to go to battlestations and time compress and they will load into the tubes
Old 06-21-15, 04:32 PM   #30
yubba
Admiral

Default I'm such a nice guy

Ok for you hot rods out there,, the pt 109 that is here lacks a torpedo room ,, to add,, open the pt mod go to data/submarine/nss-pt-109/nss-pt-109 UPC file,,,scroll down through compartments you'll find that there isn't a forward torpedo room, I went to the porpoise UPC file and scrolled down till I found that torpedo room I copied it and pasted into the pt109 UPC file reads User player unit 1 compartment 6 id forward porpoise bow torpedo room ,, and renumber other compartments accordingly,, you'll start mission with tubes empty go to battlestations and hit auto load an then time compress tubes will load,,that's the best of my recollection as I went back to my pt yubba and compared the files of both ,,it's a start for you and if you all don't mind how about fixing this so it is in a campaign ,, have fun,, Even I knew Riken 19 didn't mean any harm he fixed those mods so all of us could enjoy them,, I thought sub simmers were better than this after all the petty crap I've seen over in the IL-2 community

Last edited by yubba; 06-22-15 at 09:07 AM.