SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-20-10, 10:40 AM   #16
Fattysbox
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I'm confused as to why you are having to enter the mast height When you identify the ship the mast height is automatically 'entered' for you. Try this: lock onto any target, pick a ship from the XO TDC dialog box and click the check box. Note the mast height on the picture. Click the 'range' and see if the mast height shown matches the picture. Pick random ships in the XO TDC dialog box and see if the mast height 'entered' matches the pictures.
Ok, just tried it.

The mast height always sets to 0.0... Not sure whats going on. Locked onto target, checked a random ship in the recog manual, checked range mast height = 0.0

Would show a picture but not sure how to take a screenie.
Fattysbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-10, 10:44 AM   #17
Fattysbox
Machinist's Mate

Hhhhmm, may have to do a clean re-install. I've been downloading and installing so many mods, only god knows what conflicted. I mean, in this situation I uninstalled all the mods and loaded just yours, but same result.

There may be others with this problem, I wonder if the other poster above is in a similar situation.
Old 06-20-10, 10:46 AM   #18
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattysbox View Post
Ok, just tried it.

The mast height always sets to 0.0... Not sure whats going on. Locked onto target, checked a random ship in the recog manual, checked range mast height = 0.0

Would show a picture but not sure how to take a screenie.
if you have no other mods installed but the UIs mod then I'd have to say you have a corrupt install and/or corrupt download. McHub532 experiences this a lot on his laptop and I haven't been able to pinpoint why. He uses JSGME to install/deinstall the mod. Sometimes it works fine for him, sometimes it doesn't
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-10, 10:58 AM   #19
Fattysbox
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
if you have no other mods installed but the UIs mod then I'd have to say you have a corrupt install and/or corrupt download. McHub532 experiences this a lot on his laptop and I haven't been able to pinpoint why. He uses JSGME to install/deinstall the mod. Sometimes it works fine for him, sometimes it doesn't
Well interestingly enough, this is on my laptop...

Wondering whether I should reinstall the whole game...

*sigh*
Old 06-20-10, 11:01 AM   #20
Nausicaa
Mate

Downloads: 41

I don't think it's related to JSGME. I have the exact same problem he is describing. Since all of your versions, TDW.

I have following gut feeling since a long time:

1) incorrect german menu.txt by Paco
2) some problem with keyboard (azerty as I run a french system, think you guys are on qwertzy, so are the Germans -- but not the french
3) conflict with system language or with 2) and 3) mixed

Anyway...never got it working. I am close to trying reapers, just to see if it works there.
Old 06-20-10, 11:15 AM   #21
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausicaa View Post
I don't think it's related to JSGME. I have the exact same problem he is describing. Since all of your versions, TDW.

I have following gut feeling since a long time:

2) some problem with keyboard (azerty as I run a french system, think you guys are on qwertzy, so are the Germans -- but not the french
3) conflict with system language or with 2) and 3) mixed

Anyway...never got it working. I am close to trying reapers, just to see if it works there.
menu.txt file has nothing to do with it. The mast heights are extracted from the \data\Sea folders when the game starts. That information is stored in a dictionary data type. When you lock onto a ship the name of the ship is used as the key to look up the value in the dictionary for the mast height. That is how mast height is automatically set.
Would you be willing to run a debug version of the mod to help me see why you and others are not getting mast height set automatically?
Old 06-20-10, 11:19 AM   #22
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
yes, middle of the scope needs to be where the waterline meets the hull of the ship

When you identifed the ship, what was the mast height shown? Why did you have to enter it?
You don't need to place the centre line on the waterline to get the correct range, as long as you drag the ghost image's down to the top of the mast. - It works.

This is due to SH5 using the Sh4 (Paciffic Boats) stadimeter with its double prism method.

Quote:
While I have got the stadimeter working perfectly. It has not been released yet.
Fixing a few other things before I release. Not to long to go though.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-10, 11:25 AM   #23
Fattysbox
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
While I have got the stadimeter working perfectly. It has not been released yet. Fixing a few other things before I release. Not to long to go though.

the stadimeter is huge requirement for gameplay IMHO. reaper, if yours is working then I'm all over it.
Old 06-20-10, 12:12 PM   #24
Paco
Captain

Downloads: 345

Quote:
Hi,

could You tell me the fault(s) in the german menu.txt, please.
So I could fix it.

Thanks,
Paco.
Paco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-10, 12:20 PM   #25
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

who else is getting 0 for mast heights on the ships? I sent a debug tester out to the two here to get some feedback as to why they're having problems with it.
Old 06-20-10, 12:21 PM   #26
Nausicaa
Mate

Hallo Paco - da gibt es so einige. Eines ist hier in den screenshots:

Hello TDW,

I have made some quick testing (dont have much time today) on a test mission with 4 ships in front (download from here at Subsim)

I am almost sure now it's bound to keyboard. (the mistake)

Old 06-20-10, 12:26 PM   #27
Nausicaa
Mate

Got the PM, will test it.
Old 06-20-10, 12:37 PM   #28
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

when you enter mast height you have to use the 'American' way of it: use the decimal point. It won't accept the comma. I see you're trying to use a mast height of 28,2...You have to enter 28.2 when doing manual entry. The icon you say 'locks' the target doesn't lock it per se. That is follow target which keeps the camera centered on the target. Locking/unlocking a target is done with the spacebar in game.
Old 06-20-10, 12:44 PM   #29
Nausicaa
Mate

Ok just got your file, installed it. But I get no pop ups, nothing.

On "locking". Yes I know that: I first "lock" the ship with the space bar, then with the "follow lock" (which should say "Folge Ziel", not "Schadensmeldung" (damage report) I did that out of desperation, because nothing seems to help, lol.

On mast height: Yes I know, I tried both, "." and ",". Both are not accepted, mastheight of 28,2 will be "accepted" but display as "282,0". It's always the same.

That is why I think there is a communication problem keyboard layout to game.
Old 06-20-10, 12:55 PM   #30
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Ok just got your file, installed it. But I get no pop ups, nothing.

On "locking". Yes I know that: I first "lock" the ship with the space bar, then with the "follow lock" (which should say "Folge Ziel", not "Schadensmeldung" (damage report) I did that out of desperation, because nothing seems to help, lol.

On mast height: Yes I know, I tried both, "." and ",". Both are not accepted, mastheight of 28,2 will be "accepted" but display as "282,0". It's always the same.

That is why I think there is a communication problem keyboard layout to game.
ah yes, you won't get pop ups unless your main.cfg (\Documents\SH5\data\cfg) file is edited as follows:

[DEVELOPING]
Modding=Yes
MenuEditor=Yes
DebugScripts=Yes