SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-03-11, 11:39 AM   #256
Paris_England
Soundman

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 0

Thanks for the heads up StormFLy.

For the time being I'm only applying new behaviour to the new crew and maybe where desperate to the existing (ie reading a book when being DC'd)
Paris_England is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 01:37 PM   #257
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobucks View Post
Not entirely sure if this is stock game or the excellent Mighty Fine Crew Mod, but when sinking ships, some of the men controlling the boat will do a nice "Jersey Shore Fist Pump"

Easily missed if you are watching the fireworks through the scope/binocs.
...this is repeated at least 2 times or more after some minutes, not shure if i have to change the sound`s for it (i added a sound for "SDBSM`s additinal crew sounds beta" to the guy`s who do fist pumping)

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 01:55 PM   #258
Velero
Mate

Downloads: 34

Quote:
Not entirely sure if this is stock game or the excellent Mighty Fine Crew Mod, but when sinking ships, some of the men controlling the boat will do a nice "Jersey Shore Fist Pump
- Mobucks

Ah thanks for the heads up Mobucks, I stand corrected, next time I´ll make sure I´m looking at the control room and not at the sinking boat through periscope/external camera, just can´t help myself .

It also goes without saying a big thank you to Paris_England et al for all you wonderful efforts in this area.
Velero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 01:56 PM   #259
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris_England View Post
Thanks for the heads up StormFLy.

For the time being I'm only applying new behaviour to the new crew and maybe where desperate to the existing (ie reading a book when being DC'd)
very good idea, you should use Hunter/Hunted state for that because we know this is working.

its noticeable, the Bosum for example is just sitting and cover his eye`s with his hand from time to time if in Hunter/Hunted state, otherwise he stand often or sit while writing in his book and the stealing food scene is showing from time to time. (with "SDBSM`s additional crew sounds beta" i use different kind`s of crew chats playing using the Bosum in that situations)

it may help for resetting the Bosum state to normal, (if the Bosum wont come out of Hunter/Hunted state after the battle is over) by clicking on him and close the dialog instandly, repeating that for more than 3 times. A pity is that he shortly fall back to Hunter/Hunted mode after doing this. But loading a savegame works.

question is also if we can use the trigger that show the damage effect`s or better what cause playing the flooding sounds, for special repair animations (maybe useable from the bunker scene ?), there is also a crew state regarding "boat hit" or "damage taken" but i couldnt hear something by adding sound`s to it, but it could also that there was simply to much sounds playing at ones allready in that moment, worth a try.

Last edited by Stormfly; 08-03-11 at 04:24 PM.
Old 08-03-11, 06:15 PM   #260
Paris_England
Soundman

I think that's all I can do.

I'd like to have the crew go to deck for some R&R as long as the conditions are safe.

I can do this, but the conditions at the moment are thus:

1. uboat has to be on the surface (d'uh)
2. Weather cannot be bad
3. crew state cannot be HUNTER | HUNTED | PROX_EXP OR DMG_TKN
4. All guns must be unmanned

This means that the crew will be on deck in good weather if you're surfaced UNLESS there's a ship in the area or you're firing guns OR something's shooting at you.

So, if you call battlestations, don't expect the off-duty crew to do anything but carry on soaking up the sun and smoking their cigarettes.

The question here: Does this improve immersion or kill it? Thoughts?
Old 08-03-11, 07:19 PM   #261
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris_England View Post
I think that's all I can do.

I'd like to have the crew go to deck for some R&R as long as the conditions are safe.

I can do this, but the conditions at the moment are thus:

1. uboat has to be on the surface (d'uh)
2. Weather cannot be bad
3. crew state cannot be HUNTER | HUNTED | PROX_EXP OR DMG_TKN
4. All guns must be unmanned

This means that the crew will be on deck in good weather if you're surfaced UNLESS there's a ship in the area or you're firing guns OR something's shooting at you.

So, if you call battlestations, don't expect the off-duty crew to do anything but carry on soaking up the sun and smoking their cigarettes.

The question here: Does this improve immersion or kill it? Thoughts?
hmm... i think if i realy dont like to have them on deck while the conditions are right, i could at least command manning the AA guns after commanding battlestations, so they would disappear.

not shure but would it be possible to have a sub speed restricition also, means they would only show if not faster then 4 knots ?

Old 08-04-11, 06:25 PM   #262
Paris_England
Soundman

For the sake of tidiness this is continued in it's release thread:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=186373

Thanks

P