SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: Poll closed
option 0 0%
option 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-11, 10:04 AM   #256
stephenf555
Watch

Downloads: 49
Uploads: 0

Thanks Webster,
I'll give it a look and see if it sorts the lack of sonar sound in the submarine school torpedo tutorial.
stephenf555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-11, 12:37 AM   #257
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Default Fuel issue at beginning of the war

At the beginning of the war my boat is using a lot of fuel. I do not have much time for a patrol off the Japanese coast even after refueling at Pearl. Ahead standard is around 16-17 knots. Is this normal fuel consumption at standard speed? Is it more fuel efficient to go at ahead 2/3 rather than standard?
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-11, 11:05 PM   #258
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

ahead standard is your best fuel economy but unlike the uboats the american fleetboats travel on the surface most of the time so thats why you might see high fuel loss, you have great detection methods so you should have no trouble diving in plenty of time to avoid attacks

theres is also a chance you have a leakijng fuel tank if you were straffed by a plane
Old 06-05-11, 11:54 AM   #259
Stevetry
Seaman

Downloads: 31

yes i added the mod and i started a new campain and my first mission was to put a spy in manila but..... my start base is manila so why is that ?

also half of my torps dint work the hit the ship but dint xplode this have never happen before
Stevetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-11, 12:24 PM   #260
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

re Manila: The Philippines fall to the Japanese early in the war. Perhaps that is why the mission calls for an agent to be inserted in Manila on your first mission? (How about this scenario: The war starts. You get your orders and set sail. By the time you arrive at the drop off point, the Philippines has fallen? It is unlikely, but within the realm of possibility.) Also, as a first mission, the designer may have wanted you to practice navigating and using the controls for the sub.

In the war many early torpedoes turned out to be duds and many ran too deep. It was a big scandal. In TMO Ducimus recommends a fast setting and magnetic contacts at the beginning of the war if I recall correctly, but I am not sure that applies to the stock game or other mods.
Old 06-05-11, 01:12 PM   #261
Stevetry
Seaman

but still it was too early it ask me to put a spy in my own base it was so close just 30 minutes away from the base and manila falls early but not the early

i was just asking to see if it was normal of the mod is my first mod i ever try
Old 06-05-11, 01:37 PM   #262
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevetry View Post
but still it was too early it ask me to put a spy in my own base it was so close just 30 minutes away from the base and manila falls early but not the early

i was just asking to see if it was normal of the mod is my first mod i ever try
GFO does not change the missions, as it only adds a variety of mods to the stock game. RSRDC changes the missions.
Old 06-05-11, 05:01 PM   #263
Stevetry
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
GFO does not change the missions, as it only adds a variety of mods to the stock game. RSRDC changes the missions.
i see also sorry to ask again is the silence runing thing broken on the mod i try but it never went silence runing
Old 06-05-11, 11:49 PM   #264
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

it is not broken. try again.
Old 06-10-11, 02:31 PM   #265
Stevetry
Seaman

anyoe else that uses this have you gotten a deck gun bug that wont let you pust crew there and the gun cant bee seen in the crew chart ?
Old 06-10-11, 06:26 PM   #266
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevetry View Post
anyoe else that uses this have you gotten a deck gun bug that wont let you pust crew there and the gun cant bee seen in the crew chart ?
there is a fix for this using the keyboard (it involves hitting the "." key. Maybe its "alt ." or number lock key and ".". It will uncover the deck gun. I used to use it all the time. I am sure it is posted in the TMO thread. But I forgot the keyboard sequence. Someone will probably post what to do.
Old 08-12-11, 08:45 PM   #267
White Owl
Loader

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 2

I'm a newbie to this game and to sub sims in general. Just wanted to thank you for this pack of mods. Since I'm still in the beginnings of my first SHIV campaign, I don't want to jump into one of the other huge mega-mods; I don't yet know enough about the stock game to figure out whether I would even like all the changes in one of those. But the Game Fixes Only is just right for me. Webster, your whole modding and gameplay philosophy seems to agree with me. I like picking and choosing the changes, and I like taking individual mods apart to try and figure out how they work.

Thanks again for putting this together.
White Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-11, 06:58 AM   #268
Nerazzurri
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 47

Is this mod compatible with PE4 please? 18 pages is a lot to look through, checked the last 3
Old 12-04-11, 08:02 AM   #269
Loudspeaker
Bosun

Downloads: 56

Hello,

I have just downloaded and installed the mod, and I am about to begin a new career. This mod obviously fixes some of the more unrealistic aspects in the stock game. I specifically like that the watch officer is now able to report bearing AND approximate distance whenever you like it, just like he did in SH3. We really need this option, if we are to play the game at high realism settings.

Also I have added the s-boat mod, because I love those boats, however perverted this may sound, and I believe that this mod is more equal to the reality, as it was back then. Now we only need a factor of engine failure in the game, where we are to get towed to nearest base, to make it even more realistic. The majority of the s-boats sunk weren't lost in combat, but because they were so hard for the crew to handle due to engine failures and unexpected diving sessions. One s-boat were lost in Pearl Harbour, because it suddently decided to dive with all hatches open.

But I really miss the nomograhp among the many GFO add ons. Once you get used to the little fellow, he is hard to do without. Hopefully Webster will add this little feature to the navigation tools later.

Again, thanks for this mod and the game fixes.

Now, off to sea with me!
Loudspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-12, 10:56 AM   #270
Loudspeaker
Bosun

Downloads: 56

After having tested this it seems that GFO crashes my game. I have tried it with several careers now, and the result is always the same. I have installed GFO 1.1 and then the metric nomograph stand-alone mod.

I will try to run stock 1.5 to see, if it's my game-files that are corrupted. However, I will add Webster's Better Air Patrols, because the air patrols in stock is terrible and nearly made me quit the game before I discovered this splendid community.
Loudspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote