SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-10, 03:40 AM   #241
verte
Sparky

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerkat View Post
Ya, i re-read the manual and found that only the middle ring moves and i will play around with the long torpedo shot, to get use to the system.I think this will bring a whole new attack to the sim for me, once i get it down.I am getting tired of trying to get into position for that for sure shot at 500-800 m shot, especially going up against an convoy.Thanks for your great work.Any other info i can read to better understand your system?
Here makman has some tutorial:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...6&postcount=79
Old 09-29-10, 06:13 AM   #242
verte
Sparky

Downloads: 36

Makman could you tell me why the dials in TDC.tga in your mod are rearranged - in comparison with eg. OLC TDC.tga? Were the dials placement in eg. OLC wrong?
Old 09-29-10, 08:15 AM   #243
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Ya, i re-read the manual and found that only the middle ring moves and i will play around with the long torpedo shot, to get use to the system.I think this will bring a whole new attack to the sim for me, once i get it down.I am getting tired of trying to get into position for that for sure shot at 500-800 m shot, especially going up against an convoy.Thanks for your great work.Any other info i can read to better understand your system?
no , i think that everything you need to know in order to use the 'broken' TDC methods are allready included in the two tutorials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by verte View Post
Makman could you tell me why the dials in TDC.tga in your mod are rearranged - in comparison with eg. OLC TDC.tga? Were the dials placement in eg. OLC wrong?
i can't say for sure what is wrong or right but according to photos from the real TDC, it was the aob dial the one that had the 'cut' with the 10ths and not the bearing's dial .

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
Old 10-10-10, 02:17 PM   #244
Jonesy71
Swabbie

Downloads: 28
Default Error: Can not Initialize 3D Engine

Good day,

would be grateful for any help on this problem I am having. Whenever I try to launch SH3 with the The Widescreen version for MaGui v3.4, I receive the error Can not Initialize 3D Engine

Have tried the suggestions in the following thread that I found as best I could: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=78827 but the same error instantly appears every time.

It is a laptop with I5 quad core and 1Gig ATI 5850 video card on Windows 7.

Will try anything to get this mod working, thanks!!

Old 10-10-10, 03:29 PM   #245
casso
Swabbie

Downloads: 127

Hello,
Are you getting this error only with MaGui or with clean install too?
I was getting the same error message when i tried run clean install of SH3 on my W7, and the problem was refresh rate below 60Hz.
It's a common Win7 bug so make sure your refresh rate is set at 60 or above, and if not try to set it manually in your card control panel, or download a PowerStrip or simmilar program to set a profile for SH3 with 60Hz or above.
Old 10-10-10, 03:53 PM   #246
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3232

Quote:
Originally Posted by casso View Post
Hello,
Are you getting this error only with MaGui or with clean install too?
I was getting the same error message when i tried run clean install of SH3 on my W7, and the problem was refresh rate below 60Hz.
It's a common Win7 bug so make sure your refresh rate is set at 60 or above, and if not try to set it manually in your card control panel, or download a PowerStrip or simmilar program to set a profile for SH3 with 60Hz or above.
I have the same error with stock SH3, SH3 GWX and MaGUI. The problem, I think, is the d3d9.dll of the HiRes mod. That don´t work with DX10.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is online  
Old 10-10-10, 04:24 PM   #247
casso
Swabbie

Downloads: 127

I think its not connected with DX10. It have all stuff form DX9 too, so it should be fully compatible.

I'm running SH3 with GWX and MaGui on Win7 with DX 10 on it and graphic card which can fully use it.
On my rig Sh3 (even with mods or not) wont run with "can not initialize 3d engine" message when windows controls automaticaly refresh rate - its Windows 7 59Hz bug. It may be connected with Vsync - not sure.

If you have Win 7 and SH3 can not initialize 3d engine - set manually refresh rate >=60Hz and make sure windows will not reset it back to lower
Old 10-10-10, 06:03 PM   #248
kaizerkat
Helmsman

Downloads: 498

I downloaded makmans manual targeting tutorial and iwas wondering if that tutorial came with sound instructions in the files.I am running windows media player 11 and it shows the picture but no sound.Is there another program i could use to hear the talking part of the tutorial? My system is win xp sp3.Also is the magui 3 easier to figuer out the torpedo firing solution?
Old 10-10-10, 07:06 PM   #249
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy71 View Post
Good day,

would be grateful for any help on this problem I am having. Whenever I try to launch SH3 with the The Widescreen version for MaGui v3.4, I receive the error Can not Initialize 3D Engine

Have tried the suggestions in the following thread that I found as best I could: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=78827 but the same error instantly appears every time.

It is a laptop with I5 quad core and 1Gig ATI 5850 video card on Windows 7.

Will try anything to get this mod working, thanks!!

hi Jonesy71,

you should have post this question to widescreen MaGui's thread as this question you are setting has to do with widescreen version.
now, i can't help to questions like these becuase i have no idea why the ''Can not Initialize 3D Engine'' is appearing but i can only tell what i think.

the d3d9.dll is not working to all pcs ,for some reason not all pcs are handling the 1360x768 resolution .now ,why is this ? i don't know...it will better to ask the expert on these themes ....that means that you have to ask Seeadler

bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by casso View Post
I think its not connected with DX10. It have all stuff form DX9 too, so it should be fully compatible.

I'm running SH3 with GWX and MaGui on Win7 with DX 10 on it and graphic card which can fully use it.
On my rig Sh3 (even with mods or not) wont run with "can not initialize 3d engine" message when windows controls automaticaly refresh rate - its Windows 7 59Hz bug. It may be connected with Vsync - not sure.

If you have Win 7 and SH3 can not initialize 3d engine - set manually refresh rate >=60Hz and make sure windows will not reset it back to lower
hi Casso,
i will agree with your post Casso. I ,also , have Vsync ON (if not ....i can't see the sh3...i can hear the sound but no picture.with Vsync ON ...all are ok).so, i also believe that a combination of drivers versions and cards-game-monitors settings is responsible for issues like these.

but i can say one thing for sure ! if your game runs OK without MaGui v3.4 then FOR SURE it will run OK with MaGui v3.4 enabled (becuase MaGui v3.4 is not effecting critical parts of sh3's engine)

Quote:
I downloaded makmans manual targeting tutorial and iwas wondering if that tutorial came with sound instructions in the files.I am running windows media player 11 and it shows the picture but no sound.Is there another program i could use to hear the talking part of the tutorial? My system is win xp sp3.Also is the magui 3 easier to figuer out the torpedo firing solution?
hi Kaizerkat, it is been asked many times...the video has NO sound (couldn't find a way when i was making it to get sound).as many have asked for this via pms i have written some basic explainations for the video to some pm replies . if i haven't delete them ...i will send them to you too.

bye

Old 10-10-10, 07:11 PM   #250
makman94
Hellas

Default The FINAL version of MaGui is coming....

the final version of MaGui is coming...

the final version is the most polished of all versions,it is correcting all tiny bugs (some of them was really very hard to find) such as the not showing the 100% of mine's chart image quality or the not showing of nomo's image quality just to name some.

there are ,also, changes at code just to make it even more handy and freedly to player .

almost ALL images are reworked and fining and also there will be a number of several filters for the scopes (blue,green,yellow...etc ).

from the pic you can see the reworked console ,buttons and icons.the buttons for the map tools may not be included at the release(i used part of images from TMO and Conus00 icons as bases in order to create these, so i need some permissions from the authors)

more details later...

pic:

Old 10-10-10, 07:25 PM   #251
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3232

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post

the final version is the most polished of all versions,it is correcting all tiny bugs (some of them was really very hard to find) such as the not showing the 100% of mine's chart image quality or the not showing of nomo's image quality just to name some.

the are ,also, changes at code just to make it even more handy and freedly to player .

almost ALL images are reworked and fining and also there will be a number of several filters for the scopes (blue,green,yellow...etc ).

from the pic you can see the reworked console ,buttons and icons.the buttons for the map tools may not be included at the release(i used part of images from TMO and Conus00 icons as bases in order to create these, so i need some permissions from the authors)

more details later...

pic:
Great work!!! I think, the definitive GUI for the classic SH3.

Watching, with pacience...

Best regards, Makman.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is online  
Old 10-10-10, 07:36 PM   #252
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Great work!!! I think, the definitive GUI for the classic SH3.

Watching, with pacience...

Best regards, Makman.

Fitzcarraldo

Old 10-11-10, 01:54 AM   #253
Assprella
Watch

Downloads: 49

Many thanks, Sir.

I love your GUI and I think that is one of the best we can use to fun.

Thankyou.
Old 10-11-10, 02:02 AM   #254
Marko
A-ganger

Downloads: 87

Outstanding Job!
Old 10-11-10, 03:25 AM   #255
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post

there are ,also, changes at code just to make it even more handy and freedly to player .

more details later...

pic:

Hi makman !

It looks fantastic !!!

But I´ve one wish to you: Can you please listening all the new changes / entries in the Files "Menu_1024_768.ini" and / or "Dials.cfg" in the Final MaGui in contrast to the MaGui 3.4 in the Read Me or tell me via PM ? Because I use the MaGui 3.4 with an own modded Menu_1024_768.ini and Dials.cfg !!! That would me facilitate the adaptation!

Best regards mate,
Magic

Last edited by Magic1111; 10-11-10 at 01:37 PM.
Closed Thread