Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-02-21, 08:59 PM   #2191
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Arlo that's a personal attack that is against the board's rules. Argue the point you want to make and leave insults out of it or you'll get brigged.
Does nicer wording matter?
Old 09-02-21, 09:01 PM   #2192
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo
You're so full of dung there needs to be a sewage treatment facility named after you.
Quote:
Arlo that's a personal attack that is against the board's rules. Argue the point you want to make and leave insults out of it or you'll get brigged.
100% agree, an apology is needed!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-21, 09:08 PM   #2193
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Yes I agree part of the worlds problem is a lack of a moral compass but morals are something you can't effectively legislate without becoming that totalitarian state that I don't think you want anymore than I do. People complain about democrats creating a nanny state but doesn't this fall under the same category?
I could see that if it was no abortion at all. But drawing a line by saying "before proof of life is ok, but not after" didn't seem unreasonable.

In any other arena, we would consider a heartbeat to be sufficient proof of a living creature's existence. Doesn't need to be self-aware life - otherwise we wouldn't consider day-old puppies to be alive; nor blind hairless marsupials moving to their mother's pouch to continue development...

One may argue that we consider people to be dead if they have a heartbeat but no brain activity - the difference, however is such people are generally in hospital well after completion of gestation where there is no additional development that will occur. To put it brutally - the brain-dead had their chance at life, the fetus was never given the chance to begin with...
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-21, 09:09 PM   #2194
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
100% agree, an apology is needed!
I'm sorry he was being intellectually dishonest?
Old 09-02-21, 09:11 PM   #2195
Arlo
The Old Man

Old 09-02-21, 09:17 PM   #2196
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
Does nicer wording matter?
Yes, it does if you want to continue participating. You don't have to agree with someone and you can hate their point of view, but you can't attack them personally even if you think they deserve it. Civility matters here or all discussions end in chaos.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-21, 09:19 PM   #2197
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
Abortion won't undo the trauma of rape or incest having occurred, nor is it therapy that will heal the victim. All it will accomplish is further adding to the person's misery because in performing the abortion, the victimized mother agrees to a traumatic death being inflicted on a helpless victim, just as she was victimized.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-21, 09:21 PM   #2198
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Yes, it does if you want to continue participating. You don't have to agree with someone and you can hate their point of view, but you can't attack them personally even if you think they deserve it. Civility matters here or all discussions end in chaos.
Then be so kind as to edit your quote of me to fit my own edit of it. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-02-21, 09:53 PM   #2199
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

What if you steal from a food delivery bot? They are soon appearing everywhere perhaps the temptation might prove to be too great not to take a meal? Perhaps California might pay you not to steal from a food delivery bot?

We Tried To Rob A Delivery Robot
Robots are the future of food delivery, and the temptation to steal from them is real.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...delivery-robot

Last edited by Otto Harkaman; 09-03-21 at 02:51 AM.
Otto Harkaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-21, 10:17 PM   #2200
Buddahaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Harkaman View Post
What if you steal from a food delivery bot? They are soon appearing everywhere perhaps the temptation might prove to be to great not to take a meal? Perhaps California might pay you not to steal from a food delivery bot?
More likely you would get mugged on delivery and no California won't pay me not to steal from it. At least I think so?! Maybe you just gave me a new career when I retire.

David Bowie
Old 09-02-21, 10:28 PM   #2201
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...rtion-n1278380

Meine Fresse, its getting worse and worse in Trumpistan. Malice of the finest. The US Taleban are hacking joyfully away at driving their stone caves deeper and deeper and deeper. Have they already made the vision for the script for The Maidens Tale part of their party program?

To make this clear, I am all for having a time criterion. But at 6 weeks we are talking about a cellular mass not more than a tiny worm of 2-3mm length.

Not before a sensory suite and a nervous system creates impulses delivered to a sufficiently complex brain there is even the slightest chance for any form of mind or awareness forming up or information computation takes place. As long as that is not the case, to me its just a clump of organic matter.

You cannot play Gran Turismo if you have no playstation, no controller and no TV.

Trump? According to the pothead working from his garage it’s the Democrats who are willingly allowing it to happen then they just turn around and blame everyone else. Tim Cain and Hilliary promoted and campaigned an anti-abortion platform when they ran in 2016. Now they’re raking in millions in donations to fight against something they’re responsible for happening. Voters just don’t know any better.

NSFW ~ language

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 09-02-21 at 10:47 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-21, 11:01 PM   #2202
Buddahaid

Gawd I can't even try to watch that! Please make the Clinton's and Trump fall into a great crack opening in the crust of the Earth. Meanwhile I have to start making plans to steal food from robots....

EDIT: And what's wrong with pot? The insurrection on January 6th wouldn't have happened if people started smoking joints in the mall. It would have been a love in with daisies handed out and dancing....

Rockstar, there doesn't need to be a conviction to call it an insurrection anymore than it needs a conviction to call a dead body a victim of a rape and murder. I thought of that when I was getting stoned stalking a food robot I suddenly had an urge to rob.

David Bowie

Last edited by Buddahaid; 09-02-21 at 11:11 PM.
Old 09-02-21, 11:45 PM   #2203
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
That's an essential truth. Well put, Buddahaid.
Old 09-03-21, 02:47 AM   #2204
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
Abortion won't undo the trauma of rape or incest having occurred, nor is it therapy that will heal the victim. All it will accomplish is further adding to the person's misery because in performing the abortion, the victimized mother agrees to a traumatic death being inflicted on a helpless victim, just as she was victimized.
Thats the most disgusting display of cynism and dispising of a human being that I have red or heard in a very long time. Shame.

Btw,
traumatization was a special field of mine, i dealt with torture victims from the Balkans. What you say is in the way you set up and/or ignore contexts and circumstances, wrong and i am convinced an intentional lie. Shame again.
Old 09-03-21, 03:01 AM   #2205
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

Quote:
Meanwhile I have to start making plans to steal food from robots....
Don't forget your $300 bonus for not shooting anyone practicing your new career and if you keep your automated culinary thievery under $950 you won't get prosecuted

Beats going to work! San Francisco rolls out program to PAY people $300-a-month not to SHOOT each other in a bid to curb gun violence in woke city where 'crime is basically legal'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oot-other.html

Otto Harkaman is offline   Reply With Quote