Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-01-21, 06:09 PM   #2176
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
The first people to enter Canada, America and perhaps South America was the Indians.

There were at least three waves of immigrants. The American Indians of today are I believe mostly from the third wave.

Quote:
In a history program about the first person in America I was told that they came via Bering strait.

Two of the three did at least. Some claim one of the waves came from Europe.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-21, 07:03 PM   #2177
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austro...sian_expansion

Last edited by Otto Harkaman; 09-01-21 at 07:24 PM.
Otto Harkaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-21, 11:19 PM   #2178
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Fun read.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-21, 02:04 AM   #2179
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Fun read.
@Skybird: Good article lol. Someone really took the time to disassemble all those tries to change the election. @Buddahaid: I would not call it an entirely funny read but i see your point .
Unmasking the bullsh!t and what it was targeted at, at page 40 ff (amongst others... )
and "millions of [...] Americans . . . believed that their president would not intentionally mislead them". And even if they have come to accept it after all this evidence, they will never admit it of course.

I wonder what law and justice will finally make of the attempted overthrow, or if it will at all. After all the composition of judges has been drastically changed in those four lost years; but this thorough clearing does give some hope.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 09-02-21 at 02:21 AM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-21, 07:27 AM   #2180
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

6 lies Joe Biden told about Afghanistan

How can any American believe anything President Biden says after he’s lied so blatantly about an Afghanistan evacuation he claims was an “extraordinary success”?

LIE: “Americans understand we’re going to try and get it done before Aug. 31,” President Biden told ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos Aug. 19. “And if there are American citizens left, we’re going to stay until we get them all out.” He reiterated the promise the next day at the White House: “But let me be clear, any American who wants to come home, we will get you home.”

TRUTH: Even Biden himself admits Americans remain stranded in Afghanistan as he withdrew the last US forces before getting them home. “Ninety percent of Americans in Afghanistan who wanted to leave were able to leave,” he said Tuesday. US Central Command head Gen. Frank McKenzie confirmed the day before that some Americans trying to escape couldn’t get to the Kabul airport — and the last five jets left without a single American on board.

LIE: “We’re making the same commitment,” Biden said Aug. 20, to Afghans who assisted America in the war effort, “those Afghans who have worked alongside us, served alongside of us, gone into combat with us and provided invaluable assistance to us,” he said. “They’re equally important, almost.”

TRUTH: On Wednesday, a senior State Department official confessed to NBC News that “the majority of Afghans who helped” the United States “didn’t make it out of Kabul.” The official didn’t have the number of special immigrant visa applicants who remain in Afghanistan but said “it’s the majority of them.”

LIE: “The United States stands by its commitment that we’ve made to these people, and it includes other vulnerable Afghans, such as women leaders and journalists,” Biden said Aug. 20.

TRUTH: Team Biden didn’t even ensure American-employed journalists made it to safety. Five hundred US Agency for Global Media journalists, working for outlets such as Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, and their family members were left to the mercy of the Taliban, who have already begun bullying Afghan reporters. Sources told USA Today that “miscommunication” and “the Taliban not clearing them for exit” were to blame. Just 50 US-sponsored journalists made it out — thanks to other governments, not our

LIE: Asked by a reporter July 8, “Do you see any parallels between this withdrawal and what happened in Vietnam,” Biden was indignant. “None whatsoever. Zero.”

TRUTH: Not even a month after Biden spoke those words, pictures came from Kabul of a US helicopter flying over the American embassy. Nearly 200 Americans fled the Baron Hotel on Chinooks when they couldn’t reach the Kabul airport, just 650 feet away, any other way.

LIE: Biden vowed to continue providing the Afghan army with air support. “I’ll insist we continue to keep the commitments we made of providing close air support, making sure that their air force functions and is operable,” he said Aug. 10. He’d made the promise to Afghan President Ashraf Ghani in a July 23 phone call that was leaked Wednesday. “We will continue to provide close air support,” Biden said. “And all the way through the end of August, and who knows what after that.”

TRUTH: The Wall Street Journal reported Aug. 14, “In the wake of President Biden’s withdrawal decision, the US pulled its air support, intelligence and contractors servicing Afghanistan’s planes and helicopters. That meant the Afghan military simply couldn’t operate anymore.” That puts paid to Biden’s repeated claim that the Afghan army simply folded because it didn’t want to fight.

LIE: “Your own intelligence community has assessed that the Afghan government will likely collapse,” a reporter told the president July 8, to which a defensive Biden responded, “That is not true.” He added that “the likelihood there’s going to be the Taliban overrunning everything and owning the whole country is highly unlikely.”

TRUTH: In fact, Biden knew the Taliban were overtaking the Afghan government — and asked Ghani to lie about it. The perception “is that things are not going well in terms of the fight against the Taliban,” Biden said. “And there is a need, whether it is true or not, there is a need to project a different picture.” Ghani gave him the facts: “We are facing a full-scale invasion, composed of Taliban, full Pakistani planning and logistical support, and at least 10-15,000 international terrorists, predominantly Pakistanis thrown into this.” Biden ignored them.

https://nypost.com/2021/09/01/6-lies...t-afghanistan/

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-21, 08:00 AM   #2181
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Dang how things have changed. I ‘ve worked Mariel Boatlifts 1 and 2 and intercepted and rescued 1,000’s of Cuban’s in between. We towed boats back to Cuba and handed them over to the border guards countless times. But once ‘feet dry’ we never repatriated people escaping the communist state.

Quote:
The U.S. Border Patrol on Tuesday took 13 Cuban migrants into custody after the group landed on a Key West beach in a homemade boat.

Border Patrol responded to Higgs Beach at about 6:45 a.m. to find 12 men and one woman who said they had left Cuba the day before, said Adam Hoffner, the agency’s spokesman.

They will likely be sent back to Cuba aboard a Coast Guard cutter.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...#storylink=cpy

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 09-02-21 at 08:18 AM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-21, 12:28 PM   #2182
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

here's me thinking it was the Mexicans

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-21, 05:10 PM   #2183
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...rtion-n1278380

Quote:
The law, known as Senate Bill 8, bans abortions after six weeks of pregnancy, before many women even know they are pregnant, and has unique enforcement provisions allowing private citizens, rather than state officials, to sue abortion providers.
Meine Fresse, its getting worse and worse in Trumpistan. Malice of the finest. The US Taleban are hacking joyfully away at driving their stone caves deeper and deeper and deeper. Have they already made the vision for the script for The Maidens Tale part of their party program?

To make this clear, I am all for having a time criterion. But at 6 weeks we are talking about a cellular mass not more than a tiny worm of 2-3mm length.

Not before a sensory suite and a nervous system creates impulses delivered to a sufficiently complex brain there is even the slightest chance for any form of mind or awareness forming up or information computation takes place. As long as that is not the case, to me its just a clump of organic matter.

You cannot play Gran Turismo if you have no playstation, no controller and no TV.

Last edited by Skybird; 09-02-21 at 05:18 PM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-21, 07:09 PM   #2184
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Dang how things have changed. I ‘ve worked Mariel Boatlifts 1 and 2 and intercepted and rescued 1,000’s of Cuban’s in between. We towed boats back to Cuba and handed them over to the border guards countless times. But once ‘feet dry’ we never repatriated people escaping the communist state.
What more proof do we need that on those occasions when the Biden administration aren't just being incompetent, they're willfully evil. They all need to be removed from their positions of power.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-21, 07:12 PM   #2185
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...rtion-n1278380

Meine Fresse, its getting worse and worse in Trumpistan. Malice of the finest. The US Taleban are hacking joyfully away at driving their stone caves deeper and deeper and deeper. Have they already made the vision for the script for The Maidens Tale part of their party program?

To make this clear, I am all for having a time criterion. But at 6 weeks we are talking about a cellular mass not more than a tiny worm of 2-3mm length.

Not before a sensory suite and a nervous system creates impulses delivered to a sufficiently complex brain there is even the slightest chance for any form of mind or awareness forming up or information computation takes place. As long as that is not the case, to me its just a clump of organic matter.

You cannot play Gran Turismo if you have no playstation, no controller and no TV.
Looks pretty well on its way to be fully human to me. Eyes, hands/arms, brain bucket, heartbeat. We protect gestating puppies and kittens more than we protect gestating human babies. I have no issues with this law. More importantly, maybe it might force the irresponsible to be responsible and use contraception or a morning-after pill. We have entirely too many people who reproduce without constraint - and they're too lazy to use contraceptives or get an abortion as soon as they know they're pregnant - waiting until the last minute. In the case of many of them, that get taken advantage of by criminally-minded abortion doctors.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/5...t-want-to-read
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4056961541_d60d9d2e8c.jpg (11.9 KB, 2 views)
Old 09-02-21, 08:06 PM   #2186
Buddahaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
Looks pretty well on its way to be fully human to me. Eyes, hands/arms, brain bucket, heartbeat. We protect gestating puppies and kittens more than we protect gestating human babies. I have no issues with this law. More importantly, maybe it might force the irresponsible to be responsible and use contraception or a morning-after pill. We have entirely too many people who reproduce without constraint - and they're too lazy to use contraceptives or get an abortion as soon as they know they're pregnant - waiting until the last minute. In the case of many of them, that get taken advantage of by criminally-minded abortion doctors.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/5...t-want-to-read
Right only it will work as well as any other morality law has and be an abysmal failure just like prohibition and the war on drugs. It will be bypassed by those who can cross borders and force those who can't into unsafe circumstances. I doubt it will have much effect otherwise but hey, lets all slap each other on the back and do high fives now that we've created another sub class.

David Bowie
Old 09-02-21, 08:45 PM   #2187
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Right only it will work as well as any other morality law has and be an abysmal failure just like prohibition and the war on drugs. It will be bypassed by those who can cross borders and force those who can't into unsafe circumstances. I doubt it will have much effect otherwise but hey, lets all slap each other on the back and do high fives now that we've created another sub class.
Isn't that part of what is wrong with the world - lack of morals?

I understand a need for abortion, but how many women don't knew they are pregnant at 6 weeks? My wife knew within 4 days of conception. Is it common not to know until 6 weeks + 1 day? A heartbeat is life, even if not fully cognizant of itself - because the heart is supplying blood to the developing brain.

Now, more often than not, pregnant women (and their partners) are just irresponsible - waiting until well into the 2nd trimester even though they never had any intention of having children and could have gotten an abortion weeks earlier.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...procedure.html

Here's an interesting excerpt from that article:

"One woman, The 19th reports, arrived for an abortion, telling the staff she was going to prison soon and did not want to deliver a child in jail.

Texas law already required a woman to get a first appointment with a doctor to discuss the procedure 24 hours before they actually got the abortion done.

She was coming in for only her first appointment, though, and was unable to have the termination.

The woman dropped to her knees, begging Sadler for help, according to the report, but the physicians were legally unable to help her.

She was 12 weeks pregnant, meaning she would be unable to have the procedure done in Texas once the law went into place. "

So - you don't want to give birth in jail, even though there is otherwise no medical reason to terminate what we assume is a healthy baby, and you waited until 12 weeks before even having the pre-abortion consult?!?!!

While part of me says that such a woman is likely bringing a child into the world that will become another prison-bound burden on society, the other part of me knows that there are plenty of couples who can't have children of their own who would gladly adopt. Let her go to term to give the baby up for adoption in exchange for a reduced sentence and severing of parental rights.
Old 09-02-21, 08:49 PM   #2188
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

You're not being intellectually honest.

Last edited by Arlo; 09-02-21 at 08:59 PM.
Arlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-21, 08:52 PM   #2189
Buddahaid

Yes I agree part of the worlds problem is a lack of a moral compass but morals are something you can't effectively legislate without becoming that totalitarian state that I don't think you want anymore than I do. People complain about democrats creating a nanny state but doesn't this fall under the same category?

David Bowie
Old 09-02-21, 08:56 PM   #2190
Buddahaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
...edited out...
Arlo that's a personal attack that is against the board's rules. Argue the point you want to make and leave insults out of it or you'll get brigged.

David Bowie

Last edited by Buddahaid; 09-02-21 at 09:25 PM.