SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-08-13, 09:48 AM   #2116
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanx91 View Post
Where is TDW_SH_Nclient_Patch.s5p's? I'm just pointing it to the exe. but the patcher is saying their is no file, all the rest locate files and open. If anyone has the time I would appreciate it.
Are you using the newest version of the app (found at post #1)? I downloaded it and checked to ensure I didn't forget to include this patch file and I didn't. The newest version of the patcher will open all s5p files it finds in the executable's path. It will then ask you to point it to the folder for the file defined in each s5p file. The SH_NClient is a DLL and not an exe. Currently the only exe file defined in any of the s5p files is the sh5.exe.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-13, 12:28 PM   #2117
hanx91
Bosun

Downloads: 232
Uploads: 0
Default Where is TDW_SH_Nclient_Patch.s5p's?

I direct the patcher to my main sh5 folder c/ubi/sh5. It wants to go to my desktop, yes its your newest version. all the other patches have loaded. load. I know I'm making a mistake,
hanx91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-13, 01:05 PM   #2118
hanx91
Bosun

Default Patcher loaded!!

Thank for your help. It loaded on the first attempt today. maybe I should have tried restarting the computer last night. And thanks for letting me use all your cool stuff. I especially like Real Navigation. I appreciate the way such a simple change has totally altered the nature of the game.
As long as I'm commenting, I have been looking for your to reply to the following as I believe I am having simile isssue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
I disabled the orbit listener with the patcher . I sunk a ship which was added to the progress bar for my current mission . I cannot load any saves now as the game crashes before the game loads . This has happened twice now . I have to start a new career for the game to load . Any ideas ?
I am hesitating to activate the SH_N_Client patch, as my game has been crashing on start up. I have been away and it is my understanding that Ubi initiated a problematic update. What are your thoughts?
Old 06-08-13, 04:06 PM   #2119
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
I am hesitating to activate the SH_N_Client patch, as my game has been crashing on start up. I have been away and it is my understanding that Ubi initiated a problematic update. What are your thoughts?
Uplay doesn't affect me anymore so I really can't comment. I will have to look over the whole Orbit Listener thing again when I have a couple of days that I can devote to just REing again.
Old 06-08-13, 07:01 PM   #2120
hanx91
Bosun

Default oh2.2

I'm up and running off the bay of Danzig Thank you all for your help, I will watch and wait for your opinion, Hopefully Ubi no longer has any effect on my game either.
Old 06-10-13, 04:10 AM   #2121
Rocko
Watch

Downloads: 274

Just want to confirm that wolfpacks can be formed by applying the TDW patch and then by shadowing a convoy and sending 3 contact reports. Is this the right way?
Rocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 02:47 PM   #2122
hanx91
Bosun

Default Manual Targeting Enforced

I'm new to enforced manual targeting, and am not sure if my stadiometer is supposed to be working or not. Along the same lines I'm also interested in alternate methods of determining range. I understand Four bearing, but am looking for a more immediate stand alone method (such as the staidometer) I don't know if we can use the scope or not, I have been searching but everywhere I look is outdated or the stadi is step one. Thank you in advance for any comments or help.
Old 06-23-13, 11:32 AM   #2123
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Test version 1.0.114.0 available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?97ey9i26bn3a7b4

This test version includes a new patch to the SH5.exe: Disable UPlay browser. The copy protection of the game is still there but this just prevents the UPlay browser from showing ever.

This seems to be better than the one I made when the game first came out as it doesn't have the single missions crash side effect

To use:
Disable ALL Orbit listener patches in the sh5.exe using the OLD version of the app first!
Install new version of app
Enable Disable UPlay browser patch enabling all 3 changes

If you do not enable change 3 then you will NOT be able to load/save/create career games. You WILL be able to play single mission games no problem though.

Why is this a test version? Because I don't know 100% how it affects career games. It needs to be fully tested to see if this causes objectives to not be updated etc. etc.

The way I made the first one when the game first came out was really convoluted and it's just nasty. While reviewing the SH_NClient DLL and Orbit listener code again on plane flights I realized there was a very easy way to do this. This test version implements this very easy way

Old 06-23-13, 11:43 AM   #2124
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko View Post
Just want to confirm that wolfpacks can be formed by applying the TDW patch and then by shadowing a convoy and sending 3 contact reports. Is this the right way?
You just have to send a contact report. Bdu will tell you whether they are sending subs or not or they may not even respond to you

Quote:
I'm new to enforced manual targeting, and am not sure if my stadiometer is supposed to be working or not
If you have my patch enabled for the stadimeter then your stadimeter is working perfectly
Old 06-23-13, 11:44 AM   #2125
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
See here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=2123
Old 06-23-13, 01:21 PM   #2126
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
It needs to be fully tested to see if this causes objectives to not be updated etc. etc.
Just a short term career test from me but can confirm Uplay never shows and I have no problems loading career saves. Only completed a few objectives sofar using OHII with no problems, no CTD for me.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-13, 01:39 PM   #2127
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thSeal View Post
Just a short term career test from me but can confirm Uplay never shows and I have no problems loading career saves. Only completed a few objectives sofar using OHII with no problems, no CTD for me.
I've been playing with the new patch and I can load/save/create career games also no problem. How is the updating of objectives for you? As you complete objectives are the crosses being filled in? Any weird side effects noticed so far? Can you run the DbgView app also while playing the game? Curious to see if you're seeing anything related to UPlay or OSA or Orbit listener in the DbgView output while playing the game...

Single missions needs to be fully tested also. Problem with the original version of this I made when the game first came out was single missions would crash after a certain amount of game time passed. I had a fix for it but I hated making a fix for something that was a fix (make sense?). Thus this new patch seems to cure everything and do exactly what I wanted in the first place.
Old 06-23-13, 03:45 PM   #2128
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
How is the updating of objectives for you? As you complete objectives are the crosses being filled in? Any weird side effects noticed so far? Can you run the DbgView app also while playing the game? Curious to see if you're seeing anything related to UPlay or OSA or Orbit listener in the DbgView output while playing the game...

Well I went back and checked the mission bar after you mentioned this and sadly its not filling up after I sank the required merchants during the first mission. I also reported the minelayer for the aircraft to attack (which they did) but the cross hasn't filled even though BDU reported for me to rebase at Kiel for the next mission.

No problems running DbgView and didn't see any signs of UPlay or Orbit listed there.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-13, 04:04 PM   #2129
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Installed the latest test patch and disabled the orbit . Was able to load my current career and continue .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-13, 04:41 PM   #2130
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thSeal View Post
Well I went back and checked the mission bar after you mentioned this and sadly its not filling up after I sank the required merchants during the first mission. I also reported the minelayer for the aircraft to attack (which they did) but the cross hasn't filled even though BDU reported for me to rebase at Kiel for the next mission.

No problems running DbgView and didn't see any signs of UPlay or Orbit listed there.
Being that this is going to be a public release of disabling the UPlay browser this is how I'll keep it (I have to undermine the copy protection in order for progress to update). This will allow you to play single missions and test campaign but no campaign progress will be updated. Perfect for those days when UPlay is down or just wanting to test without the UPlay browser getting in the way/holding you up