SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-06-10, 03:11 PM   #2026
virtualpender
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 281
Uploads: 0

Sandman - which radio stations did you add? The scripting in those is usually the cause behind the exact error you are describing.
virtualpender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-10, 03:36 PM   #2027
danurve
The Old Man

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
Ok, lets rewind.

First:
Since some folks are still having confusion on decompressing 7zip files, your sure TMO is enabled correctly yes? You should see a new splash screen when you start up the game.

Second:
Your running SH4 version 1.5 (that is SH4 with the Uboat missions add on), ?

Third:
Only running the following?
1.) REL_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_1.9
2.) TMO19_Patch_25012010

Ahhhh wait a minute..... did you leave your crew at battle stations and forget to relieve them? If that happends, they're not gonna do much of anything, they'll be too fatigued.

edit:

If none of that helps, post some screenshots if you can. Ive never heard of anyone having this trouble before.
Well I kinda know what I'm doing with the 7zip files. The correct child-sub folder in the shIV/MODS folder. Also running 1.5, TMO 1.9 then the patch as above. As soon as I start the game - I fire up the sub school and test the commands. Nothing happens. Just to check I started a carrear out of Pearl, same thing, the crew does not respond, no guns are maned. With or without being at battle stations. Tried that in the sub school as well, as soon as I start the game. No way they can be fatuiged in 10 seconds. Besides I tried at normal quarters - right from the start.
NO idea why this is happening, but here are a few screens if it helps;

http://www.huntny.us/images/a_156.jpg
http://www.huntny.us/images/_195.jpg
http://www.huntny.us/images/_358.jpg
http://www.huntny.us/images/_366.jpg
http://www.huntny.us/images/_514.jpg
http://www.huntny.us/images/_913.jpg
http://www.huntny.us/images/_946.jpg
http://www.huntny.us/images/_156.jpg
Old 03-06-10, 05:41 PM   #2028
danurve
The Old Man

Well this probably isn't a TMO issue, tried enabling another mod over stock and the same thing happens, no guns are maned.
Frack.

Problem solved, hey what did I know about this game

Last edited by danurve; 03-06-10 at 09:47 PM.
danurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-10, 05:58 PM   #2029
Sandman_28054
Captain

Downloads: 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualpender View Post
Sandman - which radio stations did you add? The scripting in those is usually the cause behind the exact error you are describing.
My own station "KNZI"; CBS NEWS; KGBM, and KNX.

Including the stock Washington station, I have 5 stations.
Sandman_28054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-10, 08:34 PM   #2030
virtualpender
Sonar Guy

Sandman - double check the start dates/times of any events you have scheduled to play on your station. What usually happens in errors like you describe is that when the specified date/time of a radio event is called for the file can't be found because it is either missing or the name doesn't match the file exactly. Try running your saved game one more time and make note of the date and time the crash happens. Then scour your radio station files to see if you can find the offending file. If that doesn't work deactivate all radio stations and load your saved game to see if the crash goes away. If it does, reactivate your radio stations one by one until you discover which station is causing the problem.

I feel your pain - it is really frustrating to experience those crashes. You might check with Fred8615 over in the Radio Stations thread in this same forum if you require any further assistance as he is the master all of all things radio.

Good luck!
Old 03-07-10, 12:15 AM   #2031
razark
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Sandman - double check the start dates/times of any events you have scheduled to play on your station.
I had this exact problem myself, once. I finally realized what the problem was, and ran the save again, noted the date it crashed, and started poking through the radio files. I found one file set to play for that date, checked, double checked, triple checked. The name was an exact match, the file was there, but for some reason, the game couldn't handle it. Removed the file from the events.ini, and the problem went away.

It's a pain to track these down, but it's worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman_28054 View Post
My own station "KNZI"; CBS NEWS; KGBM, and KNX.
No offense to your abilities, but I'd suggest you start with your own station. If the others have problems, they probably would have been reported and fixed. You can also check the threads for those stations and see if anyone reported it.
Old 03-07-10, 12:27 PM   #2032
runningdeer
Frogman

Downloads: 142
Uploads: 1

I would like to run this mod with TMO v1.9: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=162616

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningdeer
I really like this mod. I like the diesel smoke especially. The exhaust gives it a great feel. I would like to personalize some of the textures, for my own game play. And try to gain a good understanding of how it all works, in the process. I stand to learn a lot from this mod. I think its a great mod and possibly a way to enable me to make some excellent skins.

I'm not very good with 3d modeling or working much with the game files but I really enjoy changing the textures and am very good with my photoshop. I want to be able to make exceptional sub skins.

I would like to activate this mod alongside TMO v1.9...to work with together. Could you please instruct me on how to best do this. I know you address this in the description but I need further instructions, please.

Thanx for mod, it's pretty cool .

The only files you want to port into TMO are the .dat files located in Data\Objects and Data\Submarine\NSS_<ClassName>.
This may have some effect on how the damage model is displayed but I am not sure. They may have also done some work on Bubbles and Seaspray but not sure.
You may want to ask in the TMO thread.

Do not port any other files into TMO as it may severely change the TMO gameplay model.

-TheBeast

Does anyone see a problem with these working together? My mods are:

TMO 1.9
TMO patch 25022010
TMO 1.9_ChartsOverhaul

Thanx for your time.

runningdeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 12:57 PM   #2033
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by danurve View Post
Well this probably isn't a TMO issue, tried enabling another mod over stock and the same thing happens, no guns are maned.
Frack.

Problem solved, hey what did I know about this game
Bad D/L or bad install maybe?
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 08:06 AM   #2034
Sandman_28054
Captain

Downloads: 270

Quote:
Sandman - double check the start dates/times of any events you have scheduled to play on your station. What usually happens in errors like you describe is that when the specified date/time of a radio event is called for the file can't be found because it is either missing or the name doesn't match the file exactly. Try running your saved game one more time and make note of the date and time the crash happens. Then scour your radio station files to see if you can find the offending file. If that doesn't work deactivate all radio stations and load your saved game to see if the crash goes away. If it does, reactivate your radio stations one by one until you discover which station is causing the problem.

I feel your pain - it is really frustrating to experience those crashes. You might check with Fred8615 over in the Radio Stations thread in this same forum if you require any further assistance as he is the master all of all things radio.

Good luck!
Yep, that worked.

I deleted my radio files and gradually added ones back until I found the trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razark View Post
I had this exact problem myself, once. I finally realized what the problem was, and ran the save again, noted the date it crashed, and started poking through the radio files. I found one file set to play for that date, checked, double checked, triple checked. The name was an exact match, the file was there, but for some reason, the game couldn't handle it. Removed the file from the events.ini, and the problem went away.

It's a pain to track these down, but it's worth it.

No offense to your abilities, but I'd suggest you start with your own station. If the others have problems, they probably would have been reported and fixed. You can also check the threads for those stations and see if anyone reported it.
And no, it was not my station that caused the trouble.

It was station "KNX" from San Francisco.
Sandman_28054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 09:41 AM   #2035
danurve
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
Bad D/L or bad install maybe?
Neither, just my own presumtions from the way stock 1.5 was set-up and behaved.
After installing TMO I became aware of adding crew in managment to the gun slots. I appologise for making it sound like a big deal, I didn't know.

I do have a question though, CO2 levels seem to rise quickly. Can't seem to stay submerged as long as I did in SHIII, wondering if that changes later with renown upgrades, more efficient or less crew, or the type of sub?

Managed to start a carrer and complete a patrol in TMO.
Dropped of an Agent. Avoided the patrol planes, then sunk a destroyer, two merchants and gunned up a sampan.
Old 03-08-10, 03:18 PM   #2036
razark
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman_28054 View Post
And no, it was not my station that caused the trouble.

It was station "KNX" from San Francisco.
I'm glad you got it working. I really wasn't trying to imply that the problem was your fault. I was only suggesting a starting point.

I've created a couple of stations for my own use, and run into the error myself. Fortunately, I was familiar with it from previous experience.
Old 03-09-10, 11:36 AM   #2037
danurve
The Old Man

OK wow, so fishing boats were armed in early 42`?
Any advice or info on CO2 levels btw would be helpfull. I get about 5-6 hours submerged.
Old 03-09-10, 12:13 PM   #2038
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by danurve View Post
Any advice or info on CO2 levels btw would be helpfull. I get about 5-6 hours submerged.
Ignore the warning icon, just look at the gauge itself on the orders bar (surface before the its 100%. lol) , and don't alt tab. That tends to cause the CO2 bug people encounter (ive never encountered it, but i don't alt tab while playing either. )
Old 03-09-10, 01:13 PM   #2039
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

RAAAWWWRRR!!

Squeeky wheel gets the kick. Ubi's got me fightin mad. Back to work.
Old 03-09-10, 01:26 PM   #2040
virtualpender
Sonar Guy

Dear Ubisoft:

On behalf of all TMO players we thank you for frustrating Ducimus enough to drive him back into modding SH4.

Best regards,
SH4 + TMO + RSRDC