SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-08-11, 09:57 PM   #2026
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214
Uploads: 0

Fitz, they're all available in the downloads section of subsim.
Old 10-21-11, 11:06 PM   #2027
Cappin'
Nub

Downloads: 70

Great mod. It's modder's like these fine people, that keep these games alive.
Cappin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-11, 05:40 PM   #2028
sparrs
A-ganger

Downloads: 51
Default No aircrach and SD Radar doesnt work with RSRD & TMO.

Greetings!

I seem to have a problem. I have installed the latest version of TMO, the TMO patch, RSRD, the RSRD patch and a radio station mod. This is all I have and they are installed in the order I describe.

However, I have noticed (up to June 42 in a Salmon class boat, coming from a S-type boat) that I have not had one incident of seeing any aircraft at all. Also, the SD radar seems not to work either. I can raise the antennae but it doesn't move and I see no options in the radar navigation to use it.

This is a clean install, using win7, latest version (I have the gold edition), and it is really hampering my enjoyment of this game. I really dont want to start a new campaign; it was my intention to complete this campaign (playing on iron man mode...) but so far - there is no air activity.

I thought I would post this in the RSRD thread rather than TMO. Perhaps I should post it there too.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
sparrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-11, 08:35 AM   #2029
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Be careful what you ask for! The planes are there, and they are murderously effective, depending on your difficulty setting.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-11, 03:38 PM   #2030
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrs View Post
Greetings!

I seem to have a problem. I have installed the latest version of TMO, the TMO patch, RSRD, the RSRD patch and a radio station mod. This is all I have and they are installed in the order I describe.

However, I have noticed (up to June 42 in a Salmon class boat, coming from a S-type boat) that I have not had one incident of seeing any aircraft at all. Also, the SD radar seems not to work either. I can raise the antennae but it doesn't move and I see no options in the radar navigation to use it.

..... but so far - there is no air activity.

Thanks
The SD radar was omnidirectional; meaning it sent out impulses in all directions at once. There is no revolving antenna. It only gave the range to contact, no bearing. In other words it was more of an early warning system than a targeting or tracking tool. In the game, there is no screen or GUI for it; you merely get a warning from the crew that there is an aircraft.

I can't say why there is no air activity, unless you are too far from enemy air bases. However, TMO is not something I have used, so someone else can fill you in as to campaign issues.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-11, 03:38 PM   #2031
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Greetings!

(playing on iron man mode...) but so far - there is no air activity.

Thanks
Seems like you might be a little confused on which RADAR is which. SD RADAR is AIRSEARCH RADAR. You get SD RADAR on every boat from the get-go automatically. The Antenna is on the conning tower, and can be raised and lowered. It can be upgraded later with more efficient types when available.

SJ RADAR is SURFACE SEARCH RADAR, used to spot ships at much longer distances than your lookouts can see (or when YOU can be seen). The antenna is fixed on the weather deck ahead of the conning tower. You don't get SJ RADAR automatically - you must 'buy' it when in port, and it isn't available when you get a new boat no matter when you get the new boat. Also, it isn't available until after mid-'42 (I think), so you are probably a little early in June '42. It 'may' show up on deck, but won't be revolving until installed. You will have to make your first patrol in your new boat SJ RADAR-less, end your patrol (port), THEN 'buy' your new RADAR.

As far as 'no airplanes' or SD RADAR not working, try this to test your theory:
Patrol on the surface during daylight, especially near land with air bases (they will show up on your nav map). If you get a couple of Jap Aircraft in your face without RADAR warning (i.e. lookout spotting only), then there is a real problem. I would suggest that you keep the anti-aircraft guns manned at all times, 'just in case'. I'm sure the planes are there (I've never had a problem with not seeing aircraft), but you've been really, really lucky in not being spotted yet.

If the SD RADAR doesn't spot aircraft, AND the lookouts don't spot aircraft, AND you get strafed and bombed without warning, then there is a REAL problem. If you still don't see ANY aircraft during surfaced daylight patrols near an air base, there may be a problem with the 'aircraft generator'. In that case, you can always disable the mods in reverse order (one at a time), then re-start your patrol from the 'leaving port' auto-save.

One more thing - the 3D TDC portion of TMO won't work until the SJ RADAR gets installed (GATO/BALAO classes only).

I hope this has been some help for you.

God Bless Electric Boat!

Last edited by Roger Dodger; 12-01-11 at 04:10 PM.
Roger Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-11, 06:01 PM   #2032
sparrs
A-ganger

Thanks for clearing that up. Funny enough, my last patrol off the coast of Manila did show the radar working with aircraft, but they were not an excessive amount (probably I am to used to the stock game), but it did work from a distance - enough time to crash dive.

I understand the SD radar more now, a always assumed that it was one of the radar displays in the conning tower. Understood, thanks.

I have another problem now, that is loosing all my deck gun crew after a Tambor class boat upgrade after a mission. I posted that on the TMO thread - this gets kinds confusing with different mods.

Cheers folks.
Old 12-02-11, 01:28 AM   #2033
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Thanks for clearing that up. Funny enough, my last patrol off the coast of Manila did show the radar working with aircraft, but they were not an excessive amount (probably I am to used to the stock game), but it did work from a distance - enough time to crash dive.

I understand the SD radar more now, a always assumed that it was one of the radar displays in the conning tower. Understood, thanks.

I have another problem now, that is loosing all my deck gun crew after a Tambor class boat upgrade after a mission. I posted that on the TMO thread - this gets kinds confusing with different mods.

Cheers folks.
Yer welcome, I'm sure. I got confused myself over SD and SJ, and had to edit my post to unconfuse things. Just remember 'D' comes before 'J' (Airsearch comes before Surface Search). And always keep your finger on the 'C' key when on the surface during daylight hours. I think that it is RSRDC that fixed the constant aircraft issue. Aircraft are alot more rare when you are far away from land (unless you are close to an aircraft carrier).

If you have ever watched 'Run Silent, Run Deep' (the movie), you'll see a scene with blips on the SD scope when they get attacked by aircraft. The game has no such display, but if your Contacts Option is set to 'On' they will show up on the Nav Map. You said you are playing 'Ironman', so I'll assume Contacts are 'Off'. Personally, I'm not very good at trig or ballistics, so I play with the Map Contacts 'On'. Later, when you get a Gato/Balao class sub, the 3D TDC sub-mod will become active, and you can do all your plotting from the two Radar Scopes. Quite realistic! I have a step-by-step instruction for the TDC. If you'd like it, drop me a 'Private' message with your email, and I'll forward it to you.

How'd you get a Tambor sub so fast? You were on a Salmon yesterday. Anyway, one of the sub classes is only equipped with an aft-mount deck gun, I think its the Salmon. I'm using one, and it has no deck gun). If you don't have the mod enabled for aft-mount, you get no deck gun at all for this class (nor any crew for it). Also note: if you enable the aft-mount feature, you can't change your mind later and mount a gun forward of the conning tower.

TMO makes changes in the environment; realistic ocean waves, sub interiors/exteriors, and capabilities of units. RSRDC made changes to the 'shipping layer' of the game, and is much more realistic than the original game. Convoys no longer just 'pop up' out of nowhere. They are actually made to follow the real life shipping routes. Best way to find shipping is to use the pull down map (radio button) and stick around the shipping routes near your patrol area. The shipping is so accurate that you can drift around for a whole patrol, and never see a target - most annoying!

"There are only two types of ships: Submarines and TARGETS"
TMO + RSRDC - Don't leave home without them!
Old 12-02-11, 06:18 AM   #2034
sparrs
A-ganger

Hi
It must have been mid '42 when they offered me the change of sub - started with an S-boat, then Salmon early '42, then Tambor mid '42-after about 6 patrols, most of which were quite good (60k tonnage where I am now - Dec '42). After about the second patrol with the Trout they refitted the conning tower which is where I lost my deck gun crew.

'Ironman' in the sense of if I die, I die. Like you, the maths part of the game without map updates on really is challenging - wish I had listened in maths lessons now lol. Yeah, so (unless its really stupid mistake like running aground) if I get sunk - then I stay sunk lol. I play on about 84 realism.

I find I just cannot get bored with this game - especially with TMO & RSRD - adds so much more depth to the stock game.

Thanks for your help.
Old 12-03-11, 03:47 AM   #2035
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Hi
It must have been mid '42 when they offered me the change of sub - started with an S-boat, then Salmon early '42, then Tambor mid '42-after about 6 patrols, most of which were quite good (60k tonnage where I am now - Dec '42). After about the second patrol with the Trout they refitted the conning tower which is where I lost my deck gun crew.

'Ironman' in the sense of if I die, I die. Like you, the maths part of the game without map updates on really is challenging - wish I had listened in maths lessons now lol. Yeah, so (unless its really stupid mistake like running aground) if I get sunk - then I stay sunk lol. I play on about 84 realism.

I find I just cannot get bored with this game - especially with TMO & RSRD - adds so much more depth to the stock game.

Thanks for your help.
You must be playing 24/7 Can't do that anymore myself - butt gets too sore after several hours. Gettin' old, I guess. I'm still in my Salmon, but haven't played for a couple of weeks. Decided this time to take advantage of knowing where and when the Japs were going to be, and tried to meet them in the Coral Sea. Only saw a little action before I had to re-load in Brisbane (Home Port is Freemantle). This partol I've been trying to head off the Tokiyo Express during the Guadalcanal Campaign. I did see them (6 Destroyers doing about 25 kts), and used my last 4 torpedoes trying to bring one down. All misses. Now on my way back to Freemantle. Pretty good patrol - around 60K tons. I may get offered a Tambor when I end my patrol, and I'll be able to see if I lose my gun crew when I upgrade my conning tower. I'm playing with around 70 Realism - I like the map contacts and external cameras.

Are you running out of air too fast? I start getting a CO2 overload after about 8 hours submerged.

Good Hunting!
Old 12-03-11, 04:24 AM   #2036
sparrs
A-ganger

Well, almost 24/7 lol, but I was without a PC for two months so am making up for the lost time..heh.

I noticed that I am getting flash traffic (the radio reports) about convoys going down the slot from about September through to late Nov '42, but my base was Fremantle and I was doing the patrols that they sent me on, mainly in the South China Sea and around Saigon/Phillipines - maybe next game I will do the Coral Sea and Guadalcanal stuff, look easy pickings!

Annoyed now though that I have no deck gun crew - I wonder if the slots will return when (if) I get a new boat?

Thanks
Old 12-03-11, 09:59 PM   #2037
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Annoyed now though that I have no deck gun crew - I wonder if the slots will return when (if) I get a new boat?
Your "No Deck Gun Crew" issue may be caused by changing Deck Gun Mount from Bow to Stern or Stern to Bow. (This is known stock game issue)
Once you select Deck Gun Mount at start, you can not change it or Deck Grun Crew Positions are lost.
Try changing Deck Gun Mount to opposite location of what you currently have to see if Gun Crew positions return...

Normally, when this happens to me, I manually edit my save game UPC file and fix it so I can have either Bow, Stern or Both Deck Gun Mounts.

Regards!
TheBeast

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-11, 05:01 AM   #2038
sparrs
A-ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Your "No Deck Gun Crew" issue may be caused by changing Deck Gun Mount from Bow to Stern or Stern to Bow. (This is known stock game issue)
Once you select Deck Gun Mount at start, you can not change it or Deck Grun Crew Positions are lost.
Try changing Deck Gun Mount to opposite location of what you currently have to see if Gun Crew positions return...

Normally, when this happens to me, I manually edit my save game UPC file and fix it so I can have either Bow, Stern or Both Deck Gun Mounts.
Hi

I just had a brief glance over the upc file using notepad, but am unsure what to change to get the crew back?

How would I go about doing this?

Thanks

Kev
Old 12-04-11, 02:23 PM   #2039
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Hi

I just had a brief glance over the upc file using notepad, but am unsure what to change to get the crew back?

How would I go about doing this?

Thanks

Kev
POSSIBLE EASY QUICK FIX:
Shut Down SH4 so it is not running at all.
Edit file PlayerSettings.cfg.rep located in the Documents\SH4\data\cfg\SaveGames\<lastest_Date_Modified_folder>.

Swap the Deck Gun to other Mount and save changes.
i.e.
M02=NULL
M01=5_25_soclu
-=Change To=-
M02=5_25_soclu
M01=NULL
-=OR=-
M02=5_25_soclu
M01=5_25_soclu

Restart SH4, Load Saved Game and check if Deck Gun is working.

Problem:
Edit file ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc located in the Documents\SH4\data\cfg\SaveGames\<lastest_Date_Modified_folder>.
Search for "Deck Gun" and you will find something simular to below:
Code:
[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 8]
ID=BalaoGunS
CompartmentType=2
FunctionalType=ArtilleryRoom
NameDisplayable=Aft Gun Deck
Type=NULL
MechanicalCoef=0.200000
ElectricsCoef=0.200000
GunsCoef=0.500000
WatchmanCoef=0.500000
WatchStandingCoef=0.048000
MaintenanceCoef=0.014400
RepairsCoef=0.072000
ReloadingweaponCoef=0.072000
SleepCoef=-0.120000
LeadersSlots=0
CrewMembersSlots=0
EffciencyDenominator=6
EffciencyDenominatorBS=6
Hitpoints=100.000000
CrewExposure=9.000000
EquipmentsExposure=0.100000
WeaponsExposure=1.000000
ExternalDamageZoneTypeID3D=198
StatusActive=No
EfficiencyHumanFactor=1.000000
EfficiencyMechanicFactor=1.000000
Efficiency=0.000000
Damage=0.000000
DamageHitpointsConsumed=0.000000
RemainingRepairTime=0000-00-00 00:00:00
FltDamage=0.000000
CriticalFlotation=0.300000
FloodingLevel=0.000000
FloodingTime=0000-00-00 00:00:00
FloodingSpeed=0.016667
DamageDescription1=NULL,0,0.2,0,1,1,Minor damage,0,0,NULL,0,0.2,0.150263
DamageDescription2=NULL,0.2,0.6,0,1,1,Medium damage,0,0,NULL,0,0.2,0.374
DamageDescription3=NULL,0.6,1,0,1,1,Heavy damage,0,0,NULL,0,0.2,0.952841

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 8.WeaponSlot 1]
ID=SternDeckGun
NameDisplayable=Aft Deck Gun Mount
Type=NULL
AcceptedTypes=NULL
UserCustomizable=No
IDLinkBunker=GunsAmmoBunker
ExternalNodeName3D=M02
ExternalObjectName3D=NULL
ExternalDamageZoneTypeID3D=-1
IDLinkWeaponLoaded=NULL, NULL

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 8.EquipmentSlot 1]
ID=PaintJob
NameDisplayable=Paint scheme
Type=NULL
AcceptedTypes=NULL
UserCustomizable=No
ExternalNodeName3D=TAR
IDLinkEquipmentLoaded=Paintms32

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 8.EquipmentSlot 1.Equipment]
ID=Paintms32
NameDisplayable=Measure 32 Paint scheme
EquipmentInterval=1900-01-01, 1999-12-31
EquipmentSlotType=NULL
ExternalLinkName3D=Paint_ms32
FunctionalType=EqFTypeCoating
Hitpoints=100.000000
EfficiencyHumanFactor=0.000000
Efficiency=0.000000
Damage=0.000000
DamageDescription1=NULL,0,0.2,0,1,1,small malfunction,0,0,NULL,0.3,0.4,3.6891
DamageDescription2=NULL,0.2,0.6,0,1,1,Misaligned Axis,0,0,NULL,0.5,0.4,10.2174
DamageDescription3=NULL,0.6,1,0,1,1,fuse blown,0,0,NULL,1,0.2,15.0599

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 8.CrewMemberSlotAdditionalRepository 1]
ID=CrewMemberSlot_DGunC6
NameDisplayable=Deck Gun Crew
Type=Crewman
IDLinkCrewMemberLoaded=NULL
WatchCrewMemberSlot3D=SDGun03
BattleStationsCrewMemberSlot3D=SDGun03
WatchAccessoriesForAdding3DObjects=sapca_ca#Head
WatchAccessoriesForSubtracting3DObjects=sapca_o01,sapca_o02,sapca_o03,sapca_o04,sapca_o05,sapca_o06,sapca_o07,sapca_o08,sapca_o09,sapca_o10,sapca_o11,sapca_o12,sapca_m01,sapca_m02,sapca_m03,sapca_m04,sapca_m05,sapca_m06,sapca_m07,sapca_m08,sapca_m09,sapca_m10,sapca_m11,sapca_m12,nco_o01,nco_o02,nco_o03,nco_o04,nco_o05,nco_o06,nco_o07,nco_o08,nco_o09,nco_o10,nco_o11,nco_o12,sapca_mp01,sapca_mp02,sapca_mp03,sapca_mp04,sapca_mp05,sapca_mp06,sapca_mp07,sapca_mp08,sapca_mp09,sapca_mp10,sapca_mp11,sapca_mp12
BattleAccessoriesForAdding3DObjects=sapca_ca#Head
BattleAccessoriesForSubtracting3DObjects=sapca_o01,sapca_o02,sapca_o03,sapca_o04,sapca_o05,sapca_o06,sapca_o07,sapca_o08,sapca_o09,sapca_o10,sapca_o11,sapca_o12,sapca_m01,sapca_m02,sapca_m03,sapca_m04,sapca_m05,sapca_m06,sapca_m07,sapca_m08,sapca_m09,sapca_m10,sapca_m11,sapca_m12,nco_o01,nco_o02,nco_o03,nco_o04,nco_o05,nco_o06,nco_o07,nco_o08,nco_o09,nco_o10,nco_o11,nco_o12,sapca_mp01,sapca_mp02,sapca_mp03,sapca_mp04,sapca_mp05,sapca_mp06,sapca_mp07,sapca_mp08,sapca_mp09,sapca_mp10,sapca_mp11,sapca_mp12

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 8.CrewMemberSlotAdditionalRepository 2]
ID=CrewMemberSlot_DGunC5
Type=Crewman
WatchCrewMemberSlot3D=SDGun02
BattleStationsCrewMemberSlot3D=SDGun02
WatchAccessoriesForSubtracting3DObjects=sapca_o01,sapca_o02,sapca_o03,sapca_o04,sapca_o05,sapca_o06,sapca_o07,sapca_o08,sapca_o09,sapca_o10,sapca_o11,sapca_o12,sapca_m01,sapca_m02,sapca_m03,sapca_m04,sapca_m05,sapca_m06,sapca_m07,sapca_m08,sapca_m09,sapca_m10,sapca_m11,sapca_m12,nco_o01,nco_o02,nco_o03,nco_o04,nco_o05,nco_o06,nco_o07,nco_o08,nco_o09,nco_o10,nco_o11,nco_o12,sapca_mp01,sapca_mp02,sapca_mp03,sapca_mp04,sapca_mp05,sapca_mp06,sapca_mp07,sapca_mp08,sapca_mp09,sapca_mp10,sapca_mp11,sapca_mp12
BattleAccessoriesForSubtracting3DObjects=sapca_o01,sapca_o02,sapca_o03,sapca_o04,sapca_o05,sapca_o06,sapca_o07,sapca_o08,sapca_o09,sapca_o10,sapca_o11,sapca_o12,sapca_m01,sapca_m02,sapca_m03,sapca_m04,sapca_m05,sapca_m06,sapca_m07,sapca_m08,sapca_m09,sapca_m10,sapca_m11,sapca_m12,nco_o01,nco_o02,nco_o03,nco_o04,nco_o05,nco_o06,nco_o07,nco_o08,nco_o09,nco_o10,nco_o11,nco_o12,sapca_mp01,sapca_mp02,sapca_mp03,sapca_mp04,sapca_mp05,sapca_mp06,sapca_mp07,sapca_mp08,sapca_mp09,sapca_mp10,sapca_mp11,sapca_mp12

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 8.CrewMemberSlotAdditionalRepository 3]
ID=CrewMemberSlot_DGunC4
Type=Crewman
WatchCrewMemberSlot3D=WM4@slot_M02
BattleStationsCrewMemberSlot3D=WM4@slot_M02

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 8.CrewMemberSlotAdditionalRepository 4]
ID=CrewMemberSlot_DGunC3
Type=Crewman
WatchCrewMemberSlot3D=WM3@slot_M02
BattleStationsCrewMemberSlot3D=WM3@slot_M02

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 8.CrewMemberSlotAdditionalRepository 5]
ID=CrewMemberSlot_DGunC2
Type=Crewman
WatchCrewMemberSlot3D=WM2@slot_M02
BattleStationsCrewMemberSlot3D=WM2@slot_M02

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 8.CrewMemberSlotAdditionalRepository 6]
ID=CrewMemberSlot_DGunC1
Type=Crewman
WatchCrewMemberSlot3D=WM1@slot_M02
BattleStationsCrewMemberSlot3D=WM1@slot_M02

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 8.CrewMemberSlotAdditionalRepository 7]
ID=CrewMemberSlot_DGunL
NameDisplayable=Deck Gun Leader
Type=Leader
WatchCrewMemberSlot3D=SDGun01
BattleStationsCrewMemberSlot3D=SDGun01
WatchAccessoriesForAdding3DObjects=headphones#Head
WatchAccessoriesForSubtracting3DObjects=sapca
BattleAccessoriesForAdding3DObjects=headphones#Head
BattleAccessoriesForSubtracting3DObjects=sapca
Note the "AdditionalRepository" in all CrewMemberSlot entries.
"[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 8.CrewMemberSlotAdditionalRepository x]".
In my case M02 or Aft Deck Gun is disable because of this.

Now Compare above data to Fore Deck Gun that is working on my boat.
Code:
[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 9]
ID=BalaoGunB
CompartmentType=2
FunctionalType=ArtilleryRoom
NameDisplayable=Fore Gun Deck
Type=NULL
MechanicalCoef=0.200000
ElectricsCoef=0.200000
GunsCoef=0.500000
WatchmanCoef=0.500000
WatchStandingCoef=0.048000
MaintenanceCoef=0.014400
RepairsCoef=0.072000
ReloadingweaponCoef=0.072000
SleepCoef=-0.120000
LeadersSlots=0
CrewMembersSlots=0
EffciencyDenominator=6
EffciencyDenominatorBS=6
Hitpoints=100.000000
CrewExposure=9.000000
EquipmentsExposure=0.100000
WeaponsExposure=1.000000
ExternalDamageZoneTypeID3D=43
StatusActive=No
EfficiencyHumanFactor=1.000000
Efficiency=0.000000
Damage=0.000000
FltDamage=0.000000
CriticalFlotation=0.300000
FloodingLevel=0.000000
FloodingTime=0000-00-00 00:00:00
FloodingSpeed=0.016667
DamageDescription1=NULL,0,0.2,0,1,1,Minor damage,0,0,NULL,0,0.2,0.242524
DamageDescription2=NULL,0.2,0.6,0,1,1,Medium damage,0,0,NULL,0,0.2,0.330727
DamageDescription3=NULL,0.6,1,0,1,1,Heavy damage,0,0,NULL,0,0.2,0.88814
[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 9.WeaponSlot 1]
ID=BowDeckGun
NameDisplayable=Fore Deck Gun Mount
Type=NULL
AcceptedTypes=NULL
UserCustomizable=No
IDLinkBunker=GunsAmmoBunker
ExternalNodeName3D=M01
ExternalObjectName3D=NULL
IDLinkWeaponLoaded=5in25calUS, NULL

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 9.WeaponSlot 1.Weapon]
ID=5in25calUS
NameDisplayable=5"/25 Caliber Cannon
WeaponInterval=1944-01-15, 1945-12-01
WeaponSlotType=NULL
AmmoTypesAccepted=5inHEUS,5inAAUS
AmmoTypeLoaded=NULL
AmmoMagazineSize=1
AmmoMagazineRemaining=0
WeaponCrewMembersSlots=7
ExternalLinkName3D=5_25_soclu
FunctionalType=WpCannon
Hitpoints=100.000000
Efficiency=0.000000
Damage=0.000000
DamageDescription1=NULL,0,0.2,0,1,1,Jam,0,0,NULL,1,0.3,0.180293
DamageDescription2=NULL,0,1,0,0.5,1,Chamber Explosion,50,5,NULL,1,2,9.47354

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 9.EquipmentSlot 1]
ID=HydrophoneHeadSlot
NameDisplayable=Hydrophone Head
Type=NULL
AcceptedTypes=NULL
UserCustomizable=No
ExternalNodeName3D=H02
ExternalDamageZoneTypeID3D=197
IDLinkEquipmentLoaded=JTHydrophoneHead
[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 9.EquipmentSlot 1.Equipment]
ID=JTHydrophoneHead
NameDisplayable=Hydrophone Head
EquipmentInterval=1900-01-01, 1999-12-31
EquipmentSlotType=NULL
ExternalLinkName3D=NSS_Hydrophone_Head_01
FunctionalType=EqFTypeHydrophoneSensor
Hitpoints=100.000000
Efficiency=0.000000
Damage=0.000000
DamageDescription1=NULL,0,0.2,0,1,1,small malfunction,0,0,NULL,0.3,0.4,4.54716
DamageDescription2=NULL,0.2,0.6,0,1,1,Misaligned Axis,0,0,NULL,0.5,0.4,7.30927
DamageDescription3=NULL,0.6,1,0,1,1,fuse blown,0,0,NULL,1,0.2,20.0332
DamageDescription4=NULL,0.9,1,0,1,1,Sonar Head broken,0,0,NULL,1,1,14.4549

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 9.EquipmentSlot 2]
ID=SpecialSonarHeadSlot
NameDisplayable=FM Sonar Head
Type=NULL
AcceptedTypes=NULL
UserCustomizable=No
ExternalNodeName3D=NULL
IDLinkEquipmentLoaded=NULL

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 9.CrewMemberSlot 1]
ID=CrewMemberSlot_DGun2L
Type=Leader
WatchCrewMemberSlot3D=BDGun01
BattleStationsCrewMemberSlot3D=BDGun01
WatchAccessoriesForAdding3DObjects=headphones#Head
WatchAccessoriesForSubtracting3DObjects=sapca
BattleAccessoriesForAdding3DObjects=headphones#Head
BattleAccessoriesForSubtracting3DObjects=sapca

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 9.CrewMemberSlot 2]
ID=CrewMemberSlot_DGun2C1
Type=Crewman
WatchCrewMemberSlot3D=WM1@slot_M01
BattleStationsCrewMemberSlot3D=WM1@slot_M01

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 9.CrewMemberSlot 3]
ID=CrewMemberSlot_DGun2C2
Type=Crewman
WatchCrewMemberSlot3D=WM2@slot_M01
BattleStationsCrewMemberSlot3D=WM2@slot_M01

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 9.CrewMemberSlot 4]
ID=CrewMemberSlot_DGun2C3
Type=Crewman
WatchCrewMemberSlot3D=WM3@slot_M01
BattleStationsCrewMemberSlot3D=WM3@slot_M01

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 9.CrewMemberSlot 5]
ID=CrewMemberSlot_DGun2C4
Type=Crewman
WatchCrewMemberSlot3D=WM4@slot_M01
BattleStationsCrewMemberSlot3D=WM4@slot_M01

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 9.CrewMemberSlot 6]
ID=CrewMemberSlot_DGun2C5
Type=Crewman
WatchCrewMemberSlot3D=BDGun02
BattleStationsCrewMemberSlot3D=BDGun02

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 9.CrewMemberSlot 7]
ID=CrewMemberSlot_DGun2C6
Type=Crewman
WatchCrewMemberSlot3D=BDGun03
BattleStationsCrewMemberSlot3D=BDGun03
Using the functional Deck Gun as blueprint, update the non-functional Deck Gun to match with the exception of Compartment number.

CAUSE:
Something in the "data\Submarine\NSS_<class_type>\NSS_<class_type>.upc" files are not correct or complete.
I had a Fix for this at one time a couple years ago but I can not remember what I did.
One or more of my SH4 MOD's may contain the fix I discovered.

I hope this info was useful...

Regards!
TheBeast

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-11, 12:23 PM   #2040
sparrs
A-ganger

'TheBeast',

Your solution worked like a charm, although I did loose all the crew I had initially recruited. Now back to basics with them, hand-picked again, but at least the deck gun is now active again! Thanks for that. It was the added txt onto the save game that corrupted it, it seems.

Easily correctable, is this a generic SH4 bug or TMO?

Thanks