SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-01-11, 03:40 PM   #1741
vlad29
XO

Downloads: 324
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snacko View Post
Roger, Thanks!

PS:
After installing v0.0.1 of this into the MODS folder, are you then supposed to just copy the Patch over top of the v0.0.1 files in the MODS folder and overwrite them?
Just have a look at stoianm videotutorial, and you'll find all the answers there
vlad29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11, 06:06 PM   #1742
NipplesTheCat
中国水兵

Downloads: 11

Disregard my last post. The problem was that I was patching it wrong. Putting the patch folder in the mods folder and activating it. Im wondering how many of the problems people are having are actually user error. Anyway...awesome results. Great work to everyone who added something to the effort. My only 2 suggestion are instructions at the top of this thread written in big clear crayola crayons for us "challenged" users and maybe an installer like GWX to take all of the guesswork out of the install. Not all of us are so good with computers. For example, I ruined my last computer with piping hot gravy if that gives you any idea. If I can do that, I can screw up a mod install quicker than you can say "what happened?"
Old 10-01-11, 11:35 PM   #1743
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad29 View Post
b) d3d Antilag is applied not via JSGME, but with copying the .dll, .cgg files to the game directory Ubisoft/Silent Hunt 5/
.cfg you mean, right?
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-11, 02:57 PM   #1744
vlad29
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
.cfg you mean, right?
Yes, .cfg ofcourse. Thanks for metioning the mistake, Silent Steel, it is fixed by now
Old 10-02-11, 04:43 PM   #1745
Snacko
Engineer

Downloads: 58

GameFront.com has had bugs all day. I see a blank white area in the middle of the screen where downloads normally should be. This happens on both my laptop and desktop, so I can't get any mods there right now..

Weekends almost over, argg..

Oh well
Old 10-02-11, 11:47 PM   #1746
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Default Links for MO

Below you find links for MO download.
Old 10-03-11, 07:42 AM   #1747
Snacko
Engineer

Thanks SS.

I got all that last week. Right now I am trying to get the: NewUIs with TDC for SH5 by TheDarkWraith version 6.8.0

I only see that for download on GameFront, but it still seems to have problems again today..

EDIT:
When I go here to download this:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20784...eDarkWraith_7z

I see this: (does anybody else see this, or is it just me? I get this blank area for all downloads, patches, and videos on GameFront the past 2 days... 3 days ago it worked fine)
Old 10-03-11, 09:32 AM   #1748
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
When I go here to download this:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20784...eDarkWraith_7z

I see this: (does anybody else see this, or is it just me? I get this blank area for all downloads, patches, and videos on GameFront the past 2 days... 3 days ago it worked fine)
Works fine for me
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-11, 10:02 AM   #1749
soopaman2
Der Alte

Downloads: 61

I just have to thank you The Dark Wraith for all work on this game.

Ubisoft should hire you. I recall another game (Medieval total war 2) having its AI tweaked by a modder. Said modder was hired and did the AI for later games.

You FIXED this game, and not just this mod.

-Winston Churchill-

The most fascinating man in the world.
soopaman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-11, 10:20 AM   #1750
Snacko
Engineer

Totally agree!!

BTW, I got GameFront working. It was my Ad Blocker plugin in FireFox. It didn't block it last week, but they must have move some ads into the download html or something that caused it to be hidden.. My Bad..

Last edited by Snacko; 10-03-11 at 11:09 AM.
Snacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-11, 11:08 AM   #1751
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
I only see that for download on GameFront, but it still seems to have problems again today..
That link is OK here
Old 10-04-11, 11:34 AM   #1752
Snacko
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad29 View Post
Hi Snacko and NipplesTheCat,
I can reccomend you to do the following steps:

1. Delete the game and all its traces from PC, reinstall the game

2. In 'support' folder you'll find 'gu'-folder (game updater). Launch it and the game should be patched to v.1.2 automatically. It is not a quick process so just follow all the instructions. The patch is installed when the activation window will appear (account name + passport).

3. Play the tutorial without any mods installed, you'll be autosaved in bunker, exit to Windows, install JSGME into Ubisoft/Silent Hunt 5/

4. Study thoroughly video tutorial by STOIANM, where all the information re. MO and few more important mods usaged explained perfectly. The link is here
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...9&postcount=27

5. Install mods as recommended in this videotutorial
NOTE:
a) Some mods mentioned by stoianm (NewUI, IRAI, FX_Update) already have new versions, which could be found on this forums in the first posts of the threads
b) d3d Antilag is applied not via JSGME, but with copying the .dll, .cfg files to the game directory Ubisoft/Silent Hunt 5/

6. Load the saved in bunker game, resave it one more time, exit to Windows and then load again, and everything should work perfect (if you done all the steps properly)
I have done all of these steps on my laptop and it works fine, is beautiful, and all the new UI and extra features are just fantastic! I am telling some of my flight sim squadmates about the new mods for SH5 and they are checking it out now too...

Question:
Since I have got all the mods in my jsgme MODS folder on my laptop, I assume I can just copy that MODS folder over to my desktop game install? After of course, I update and play through the tutorial? Then tweak the DarkWraith options however I want and enable the mods in the correct order? That should be fine, right...?
Old 10-04-11, 02:59 PM   #1753
vlad29
XO

Quote:
Question:
Since I have got all the mods in my jsgme MODS folder on my laptop, I assume I can just copy that MODS folder over to my desktop game install?
JSGME creates MODS folder automatically when U run this program for the first time. If you copy the MODS folder with mods into the game directory, and then run JSGME, then you see this mods in the left column ready to be applied
After of course, I update and play through the tutorial? Then tweak the DarkWraith options however I want and enable the mods in the correct order? That should be fine, right...? 'UserOptions' file in TDW NewUI - mod should be edited before this mod is applied by TDW
Hi Snacko! I didn't catch the main idea of questions (especially the first one) but tried to answer (see in yellow).
One note: when you apply NewUI TDW (that should be done in bunker) be sure that when loading the saved game and then starting the new patrol with the requested mission be sure you have loading screen before mission starts.
F.e., for me that works only this way: Saving in bunker - quit to Windows - applying NewUI - loading saved game - saving again - quit to Win - loading saved game
Old 10-04-11, 04:02 PM   #1754
Snacko
Engineer

Sorry, maybe my question was a little confusing...

I have it all working fine on my laptop. So, I was just wondering if I can copy that MODS folder over to another computer? I think that I can do that. I copied it over to my desktop computer where I have a clean install of SH5. I first played the tutorial and docked at Kiev. Then I enabled all of the mods, and opened up my last saved game in the Kiev bunker, and saved that. Exited to Windows. Now it seems to work fine, so I guess that was ok..
Old 10-04-11, 04:39 PM   #1755
vlad29
XO

Quote:
Sorry, maybe my question was a little confusing...

I have it all working fine on my laptop. So, I was just wondering if I can copy that MODS folder over to another computer? I think that I can do that. I copied it over to my desktop computer where I have a clean install of SH5. I first played the tutorial and docked at Kiev. Then I enabled all of the mods, and opened up my last saved game in the Kiev bunker, and saved that. Exited to Windows. Now it seems to work fine, so I guess that was ok..
To dock at Kiev in 1939 - thats cool Thats something new in history revision

You can copy your MODS folder to any place and any PC where SH5 and JSGME are installed