SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-21-11, 09:48 AM   #1726
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sLtHunter View Post
one can hope! unfortunately it looks like a lot of iles up on that site aren't working
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwayne View Post
Can someone reup the Mod?:-(
DONE:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20803...Opus_v0_0_1.7z

and

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20803...0_1_Patch_2.7z

Many thx to "Mieswurtz" from german ubi-forum for upload!!!

Best regards,
Magic
Old 09-21-11, 10:54 AM   #1727
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwayne View Post
Can someone reup the Mod?:-(

Just in case -

Here are some optional links;

https://rapidshare.com/files/3071021023/Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1.7z

https://rapidshare.com/files/1755465175/Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1_Patch_2.7z

Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-11, 09:37 PM   #1728
renthewog
Helmsman

Downloads: 213

So guys any news on the latest Magnum Opus version to be released? I've had sh5 uninstalled and sitting on the shelf collecting dust awaiting the release of the updated organised mod "magnum opus"

Not being an impatient person or anything, just would like an estimation if possible thats all...

Thanks!
renthewog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-11, 11:43 PM   #1729
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by renthewog View Post
So guys any news on the latest Magnum Opus version to be released? I've had sh5 uninstalled and sitting on the shelf collecting dust awaiting the release of the updated organised mod "magnum opus"

Not being an impatient person or anything, just would like an estimation if possible thats all...

Thanks!
Hi,

The only one who can answer this is TDW, the wizard himself.

Uninstalled? Why?
Are you having some problems running the MO or why are you waiting for an update?
If so - have you tried a fresh unzip of the MO?

Or run SH5 without the MO but with the New UIs TDC 6.8.0.

Old 09-25-11, 11:44 AM   #1730
renthewog
Helmsman

Downloads: 213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
Hi,

The only one who can answer this is TDW, the wizard himself.

Uninstalled? Why?
Are you having some problems running the MO or why are you waiting for an update?
If so - have you tried a fresh unzip of the MO?

Or run SH5 without the MO but with the New UIs TDC 6.8.0.

Yeah hopefully TDW lets us know soon then..no hurry though. As for your question about why i have it uninstalled (well just stopped playing it all together) its just theres too many good mods that all have to be properly installed one after another in perfect order or risk something going wrong and causing endless CTDs which just kills the sim for me...so im just being patient until TDW puts all these mods into one big install so i wont have the headache of mod soup configuration etc..the good thing about this game its not like theres going to be a silent hunter 6 and this one just keeps getting better and better so im sure when i come back to it again it'll be like a new sim all over again!
renthewog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-11, 06:37 AM   #1731
visola
Nub

Downloads: 11

Heyoo, new member here! First I have to say I enjoy MO very much and I'm waiting anxiously for the new update. At the moment I'm wondering if it's possible to use Open Horizons campaign mod with MO? Can I just install them both or will they conflict?
visola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-11, 07:13 AM   #1732
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by visola View Post
Heyoo, new member here! First I have to say I enjoy MO very much and I'm waiting anxiously for the new update. At the moment I'm wondering if it's possible to use Open Horizons campaign mod with MO? Can I just install them both or will they conflict?
Hi Visola and welcome to the forum!

Yes you can run the OH with the MO.

Check your PM.

Old 09-27-11, 01:25 PM   #1733
visola
Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
Hi Visola and welcome to the forum!

Yes you can run the OH with the MO.

Check your PM.

Thanks for fast reply

But i'm afraid no pm arrived.
visola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-11, 07:14 AM   #1734
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by visola View Post
Thanks for fast reply

But i'm afraid no pm arrived.
Edit: Sorry, now it's there
Old 09-29-11, 01:52 PM   #1735
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by renthewog View Post
Yeah hopefully TDW lets us know soon then..no hurry though. As for your question about why i have it uninstalled (well just stopped playing it all together) its just theres too many good mods that all have to be properly installed one after another in perfect order or risk something going wrong and causing endless CTDs which just kills the sim for me...so im just being patient until TDW puts all these mods into one big install so i wont have the headache of mod soup configuration etc..the good thing about this game its not like theres going to be a silent hunter 6 and this one just keeps getting better and better so im sure when i come back to it again it'll be like a new sim all over again!
I wish that there would be also this really basic "megamod" which would include only the finest, most updated and finished gameplay changing mods: NewUi's, IRAI, FX update, More Crew commands, and Mighty Fine Crew mod, R.E.M., for example.) There could be three useroptions already edited for different UI styles. Already with this pack, you would be ready to try the game. Campaign and graphical mods would be installed separately.

My complaint with MO was that it changed too much things, and it was a pain to try to get back some of the default things I liked (I even like the eye patch!). This kind of modpack could with few patches even form into a kind of un-official patch 1.3., and become a base for all the new mods. And it would attract new gamers and new modders to SH 5 which is crucial to the future of the game, I think. The game is already fun and exciting but I can understand the frustration that new players will face with all the mods.
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-11, 04:17 PM   #1736
Snacko
Engineer

Downloads: 58
I installed this mod with the patch the other day and enabled it when I was in port on my campaign. But in my Campaign or even in just a Historical mission I just get 1 FPS...

So, I downloaded it again and just tried the first version 1 of the mod, without the patch. I though I might have installed the MODS patch incorrectly since there are no instructions. But even with just v1 only, I get 1 fps.

Are there any known mods that cause this problem? One that I could just remove. Even with just 1 fps I could see that the graphics look much better with this mod, but unplayable..
Old 10-01-11, 12:12 AM   #1737
NipplesTheCat
中国水兵

I also installed this mod (awesome BTW) but now im having some CTD problems. I think I did it right. I put the magnum opus folder in the sh5\mods folder (same with the patch folder) and activated them both. Mod then patch. It crashes all the time now. Its so bad when I start a new campaign it crashes shortly after I sink the first ship. Also my radio man still has blank dialogue. Shouldnt that be fixed with the patch? Im wondering if I didnt do something wrong.

Oh yeah patched in port saved in bunker and reloaded too.
Old 10-01-11, 10:06 AM   #1738
Snacko
Engineer

I don't see a readme with these downloads, but there is a text folder and I think that has a lot of speech text for something... not sure what, but maybe that is supposed to fix that issue?

I haven't been able to get more than 1 fps with this mod, so I cannot test it. I normally get about 65 fps without any mods...
Old 10-01-11, 03:13 PM   #1739
vlad29
XO

Downloads: 324

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snacko View Post
I don't see a readme with these downloads, but there is a text folder and I think that has a lot of speech text for something... not sure what, but maybe that is supposed to fix that issue?

I haven't been able to get more than 1 fps with this mod, so I cannot test it. I normally get about 65 fps without any mods...
Hi Snacko and NipplesTheCat,
I can reccomend you to do the following steps:

1. Delete the game and all its traces from PC, reinstall the game

2. In 'support' folder you'll find 'gu'-folder (game updater). Launch it and the game should be patched to v.1.2 automatically. It is not a quick process so just follow all the instructions. The patch is installed when the activation window will appear (account name + passport).

3. Play the tutorial without any mods installed, you'll be autosaved in bunker, exit to Windows, install JSGME into Ubisoft/Silent Hunt 5/

4. Study thoroughly video tutorial by STOIANM, where all the information re. MO and few more important mods usaged explained perfectly. The link is here
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...9&postcount=27

5. Install mods as recommended in this videotutorial
NOTE:
a) Some mods mentioned by stoianm (NewUI, IRAI, FX_Update) already have new versions, which could be found on this forums in the first posts of the threads
b) d3d Antilag is applied not via JSGME, but with copying the .dll, .cfg files to the game directory Ubisoft/Silent Hunt 5/

6. Load the saved in bunker game, resave it one more time, exit to Windows and then load again, and everything should work perfect (if you done all the steps properly)

Last edited by vlad29; 10-02-11 at 02:55 PM.
vlad29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11, 03:19 PM   #1740
Snacko
Engineer

Roger, Thanks!

PS:
After installing v0.0.1 of this into the MODS folder, are you then supposed to just copy the Patch over top of the v0.0.1 files in the MODS folder and overwrite them?