SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-09-08, 12:58 PM   #16
peewee
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

a little, yes but not to the same extent as in the uboat game. I can always start 'outside the harbour' and afetr moving away from shore go to just about any time compression I want but in the uboat game I cant do ANY compression above about 32 without the game locking up......also, if I go to external cam at normal time and just look at the u boat, it 'judders' along raher than moving smoothly and if I go on the bridge I can barely pan around to see the crew.....

Like someone else mentioned, SH3 with grey wolves is my uboat game of choice...
peewee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-08, 12:59 PM   #17
peewee
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 32

wow, 99 posts......just had to add this one to make it 100.......hahahahaha
peewee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-08, 02:39 AM   #18
Sirkam
Frogman

Downloads: 9

Ok, for now i leave the German campaign until the 1.6 arrives.
Is it better starting "outside the harbour", isn't it?
And another more thing. If i sneak into a enemy harbour, the slowdowns appear once more?
Old 04-10-08, 12:43 PM   #19
Fortune
Watch

Downloads: 0

Normally not, at least not on my Computer. I only have this problem in the "new" harbours. Went to Mogadishu yesterday, and everything was fine.
Fortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-08, 02:33 PM   #20
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Default SH4 will never work on lesser machines

It is not a bug that makes SH4 work slower on your machines, it is the higher overhead with better graphics and physics. Version 1.6 if it comes, will only work the same, very slightly slower or very slightly faster than what we have now.

Silent Hunter 4 is just a more microprocessor and graphics card intensive game than SH3. That isn't going to change. But the save game issues SH3 had are not present here, and that alone makes me prefer SH4. It's painful to put weeks into a career that vanishes without a trace because the program got cranky. It ruined my enjoyment of SH3 and I'm only now getting interested again after nine months.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-08, 09:17 AM   #21
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
It is not a bug that makes SH4 work slower on your machines, it is the higher overhead with better graphics and physics. Version 1.6 if it comes, will only work the same, very slightly slower or very slightly faster than what we have now.

Silent Hunter 4 is just a more microprocessor and graphics card intensive game than SH3. That isn't going to change. But the save game issues SH3 had are not present here, and that alone makes me prefer SH4. It's painful to put weeks into a career that vanishes without a trace because the program got cranky. It ruined my enjoyment of SH3 and I'm only now getting interested again after nine months.
Just think if they get the bright idea to implement DX10! I budget a PC rebuild about every 2-3 years, this next one is going to be expensive as I will be getting CPU/MOBO/GPU/PSU/MEM... yikes ...oh but get ready to see some nice used stuff on EBAY. Never OC'd!

This is my hobby and with a the amount of hours I spend on the PC I do not even want to deal with Frame Rate issues when it comes to flight sims. The rest of the games I could care less.

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote