SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-09-07, 10:48 AM   #1
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 532
Uploads: 224

radar What kind of subsim skipper are you?

What kind of subsim skipper are you?
Everyone brags about how many tons he has sunk, or his polished firing point procedures. Talk is cheap. Subsim, in conjunction with NASA and the National Academy of Sciences, has formulated a simple quiz that will define the kind of subsim skipper you are.

SUBSIM SKIPPER QUIZ

Caution: taking the test more than once invalidates the results

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 04-04-21 at 09:58 AM.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 10:52 AM   #2
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER No doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night, your wife lets you know her mother is visiting by shouting "Alarm!" and you didn't know--or care--that Silent Hunter III has a save game feature. You cut your teeth plotting attacks in Gato, sank 28,000 tons in your first Aces of the Deep patrol, and played Dangerous Waters at 100% realism. You scoff at wannabes who whine about some niggling detail in a subsim but use the red triangle-infested auto TDC and auto-map updates. You never, ever, use anything but full realism.
You are the "sim" in Subsim.

ps-Andrea the giant? Did Andre have a sister?
Old 04-09-07, 10:57 AM   #3
daft
Captain

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Quote:
HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPERNo doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night, your wife lets you know her mother is visiting by shouting "Alarm!" and you didn't know--or care--that Silent Hunter III has a save game feature. You cut your teeth plotting attacks in Gato, sank 28,000 tons in your first Aces of the Deep patrol, and played Dangerous Waters at 100% realism. You scoff at wannabes who whine about some niggling detail in a subsim but use the red triangle-infested auto TDC and auto-map updates. You never, ever, use anything but full realism.
Not quite true, but excellent quiz!
Old 04-09-07, 10:59 AM   #4
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

I was told I should take up needle point and wear cozy slippers while working on the needle point in a rocking chair.
Old 04-09-07, 11:00 AM   #5
Yahoshua
The Old Man

Downloads: 0

No doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night, your wife lets you know her mother is visiting by shouting "Alarm!" and you didn't know--or care--that Silent Hunter III has a save game feature. You cut your teeth plotting attacks in Gato, sank 28,000 tons in your first Aces of the Deep patrol, and played Dangerous Waters at 100% realism. You scoff at wannabes who whine about some niggling detail in a subsim but use the red triangle-infested auto TDC and auto-map updates. You never, ever, use anything but full realism.

Yahoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 11:02 AM   #6
Drokkon
Loader

Old 04-09-07, 11:05 AM   #7
Egan
Admiral

Hardcore too.

I really do play with a red lamp at night.

I've had all sorts of strange folks coming to the door recently too - I wonder if it's related?
Egan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 11:07 AM   #8
cappy70
Ensign

Downloads: 5

ooooppss :rotfl: :rotfl: This is what I got,,,hehehe

NUKE SUBSIM SKIPPER
Periscopes are for wimps. Let's face it, any snapperhead can bring a WWII subsim to periscope depth, lock onto the red triangle and plug away. Real men never get closer than 8000 yards to their target. Your subsim of choice is made by a company in Waterford, Conn. You thrive on complex Target-Motion Analysis equations, deciphering broadband contacts, and gauging ESM signal strength. You are paler than Siberian stripper and proud of it. You long for the day you can take your Seawolf class nuke into an online game against a whole fleet of Type VIICs. One ADACP equals "make my day".
Intel I7-4790K 4 Ghz
16 Gig Trident Claw DDR 3
2 x 760 GTX 2048 mem in SLI.
WD 1T Hd Ultra/WD Black 640
Corsair 850W PSU
cappy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 11:08 AM   #9
Karbo
Sailor man

Downloads: 75

Hardcore Here
Karbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 11:11 AM   #10
TDK1044
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 25

How can subsim allow a quiz like this? What are the Moderators thinking? It's unplayable I tell you!! My Admirals Edition of the game did't have this quiz...I double checked my tin box. Typical of the Devs to produce an unplayable quiz and not include it in my tin box.
TDK1044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 11:14 AM   #11
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK1044
How can subsim allow a quiz like this? What are the Moderators thinking? It's unplayable I tell you!! My Admirals Edition of the game did't have this quiz...I double checked my tin box. Typical of the Devs to produce an unplayable quiz and not include it in my tin box.
And the sex with animals question...I did not know how to answer that....what are they considering sex? I hit the 'A' key on that question. CTD and that was it.......
Old 04-09-07, 11:15 AM   #12
Front Runner
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 215
Default It sez I'm hardcore

It sez I'm hardcore....
Got some TNT for Bungo Pete!

We'll get 'em with a bow-shot.....

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Dave "LeoVampire".
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 11:15 AM   #13
livewire68
Watch

"HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER ...You are the "sim" in Subsim."

Now if I can just my wife to let me go out on patrol more often!!
livewire68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 11:16 AM   #14
heartc
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 71

Quote:
HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER
Quote:
No doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night, your wife lets you know her mother is visiting by shouting "Alarm!" and you didn't know--or care--that Silent Hunter III has a save game feature. You cut your teeth plotting attacks in Gato, sank 28,000 tons in your first Aces of the Deep patrol, and played Dangerous Waters at 100% realism. You scoff at wannabes who whine about some niggling detail in a subsim but use the red triangle-infested auto TDC and auto-map updates. You never, ever, use anything but full realism.

But looks like I'm going to go for shore leave soon, since my HD is giving me severe trouble recently (as in making weird scratching noises and lagging on operation) - seems like it'll go down the brink soon. Time for backup. NO! My burner is dead since long, too...and today shops are closed. I think I'm ****ed.

heartc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 11:17 AM   #15
perisher
Frogman

hardcore

I even wash in diesel, I wear my binoculars around my neck when in Bridge View and have my cap on back wards while in 'Scope View. I have not yet rescued any aircrew because they refuse to hand over their watches.
perisher is offline   Reply With Quote