SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-24-06, 11:13 PM   #1
Potoroo
Navy Dude

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default MultiSH3 1.0 released

MultiSH3 is a utility that will change the folder name in My Documents that Silent Hunter 3 uses to save campaign and career information. It does this by patching a file in the game's root folder called FileManager.dll. Stock SH3 is hard-coded to save this information in a folder called My Documents\SH3, but given the large number of supermods and other mods it may be desirable to be able to separate careers by saving them in different folders. For example, you might want to have a stock SH3 1.4b installation, a TGW installation and an NYGM installation, each with their own career information.

The obvious benefit of this is that it prevents any possible confusion over which campaigns and careers belong to which installation. Mod developers may find it useful to have a known safe copy of SH3 and one or more development copies, each completely separate. Gamers may find it useful to be able to remove, repair or update supermods without having to uninstall the lot and start again (anyone who has needed to modify their Grey Wolves installation should see the benefit of this immediately).

It is available for download from http://u-boot.realsimulation.com (Martin was kind enough to put it in the "SH3 Must Haves" section). I have also contacted SubSim about having it uploaded here. Please read the instructions in the ReadMe file carefully!

Jaesen Jones has made a maintenance release of SH3 Commander that is compatible with MultiSH3. To run them together you will need SH3 Commander 2.6.1.124 or later.

Last edited by Potoroo; 09-24-06 at 11:21 PM.
Potoroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-06, 11:37 PM   #2
terrapin
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

It's really a VERY HANDY utility, so it's in the 'must have' section!

Now...if anyone could manage to write something like a plugin, which puts all ship positions out in GPS format...?
Old 09-25-06, 12:25 AM   #3
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

I've been impressed with it - I've used it to keep my test and real careers separate so that I don't accidently stuff up a real career (not that I play many real patrols - last one finished in May this year!).

For all those SH3 players that have complained about having their separate-SH3-install careers all lumped together under the one \My Documents\SH3 folder, I recommend this tool to you!

(This tool is the reason for the "- Now supports save folder names other than the default "SH3" (will become apparent later)" addition to SH3Cmdr R2.6.1).
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-06, 03:55 AM   #4
Tuddley3
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 170

I guess this means your Beta Testers were pleased, congrats on the official release.

I think I'll head on over to UBRS and grab it, with GWX on it's way and NYGM new release, MultiSH3 will be a must. Thanks for your hard work, can't wait to put it to use.

Last edited by Tuddley3; 09-25-06 at 03:59 AM.
Tuddley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-06, 09:04 AM   #5
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Thanks...this is def a 'must have'

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-06, 10:03 AM   #6
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

Quote:
by Potoroo
Jaesen Jones has made a maintenance release of SH3 Commander that is compatible with MultiSH3. To run them together you will need SH3 Commander 2.6.1.124 or later.
That means SH3 Commander 2.5 won't work with it? Please say it isn't so.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-06, 10:06 AM   #7
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182
Quote:
by Potoroo
That means SH3 Commander 2.5 won't work with it? Please say it isn't so.
Why wouldn't you upgrade?

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-06, 10:25 AM   #8
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Cause I like 2.5 for now. I'm using "No Fatigue" and understand that I won't have that with 2.6 and GW.... tho I could be wrong. Now if there was a mod to automatically switch the crew around when their shifts were up, I'd go for that. I hate babysitting the crew, they're old enough to know when it's nap time.

I'm in May of '43 now with my career and don't want to take any chances and lose this one like I have the previous 4, just when thing were getting interesting. It seemed I'd screw up with something and lose everything I'd have, so I'm just want to playing safe for now. Once this career is over I'll go to 2.6.1.124 and this mod to have multipule installs.

Old 09-25-06, 11:44 AM   #9
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

that might come in handy someday.

(that would when I have an newer system :rotfl: )
Old 09-25-06, 01:50 PM   #10
Tuddley3
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 170

Quote:
Cause I like 2.5 for now. I'm using "No Fatigue" and understand that I won't have that with 2.6 and GW.... tho I could be wrong. Now if there was a mod to automatically switch the crew around when their shifts were up, I'd go for that. I hate babysitting the crew, they're old enough to know when it's nap time.

I'm in May of '43 now with my career and don't want to take any chances and lose this one like I have the previous 4, just when thing were getting interesting. It seemed I'd screw up with something and lose everything I'd have, so I'm just want to playing safe for now. Once this career is over I'll go to 2.6.1.124 and this mod to have multipule installs.
I was using v2.6 , and upgraded to v2.6.1 , and I still have no fatigue , and have same crew members I started with , besides those lost at sea. As far as I can see, each SH3 Cmdr upgrade doen't remove features , just adds more.

RELEASE NOTES
- Read-only attribute now automatically removed from any file that SH3 Commander modifies
- Number of days spent in base can now be between 0 and 2075 (ie the length of the war in Europe)
- Title bar now displays the full path to the SH3 installation (for easier recognition)
- Double clicking the "Existing careers..." entry no longer collapses the careers list
- Now supports save folder names other than the default "SH3" (the save folder name can be changed via TheRealPotoroo's MultiSH3)
- Clicking the "Existing careers..." entry now displays the full path to the SH3 save folder (for easier recognition)
- Now excludes "before patrol 1" careers from the careers list (such careers don't actually exist)
- Now checks if SH3 is running and advises user to exit SH3 first

- Added ability to change crew officer faces (includes automatic 3D head and hat wearing alignment)
- Crew transfer message now includes crewman's main qualification
- Added new "Static settings" feature
- Changes to "Randomised events.cfg" file - refer to instructions in header of file
- Added ability to recognise when docked at a milk cow or other friendly base and automatically adjust the number of days spent in base to 1 (plus any extra days required to repair damage)
- Improved backup mechanism for scene.dat and Basic.cfg files
- Improved copy mechanism for unique crew configurations
- Randomising new crew names now includes number of patrols, certain medals and experience (ie you're no longer limited to a purely "green" crew everytime you start a new career)
- US rank labels are now the same as stock SH3. SH3 Commander does not support rank "bumping", that is, changing your starting rank to anything higher than the SH3 default
- Crew Manager now warns where crewmen have been awarded the U-boat War badge prior to 13 October 1939
- Crew Manager now warns where crewmen have been awarded the Wound Badge but not the U-boat War badge
- Now looks for and runs SH3Weather if it exists just prior to launching SH3 (when in base during or at the start of a career)
- Added new fatigue model - Grey Wolves 24 Hour
- Added ability to randomise main screen banner - refer to "!!BANNER INSTRUCTIONS!!.txt" under the Banners folder
- Minor adjustments to main interface
- Minor adjustments to all Cfg files

Last edited by Tuddley3; 09-25-06 at 01:54 PM.
Tuddley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-06, 03:18 PM   #11
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Ok Capt, maybe I'll give it a go once I'm back in port. Gotta attack that westbound convoy first. Seeing it's running at 12 kts, there might be something special to sink.

Thanks for the info, it's appreciated.

Old 09-25-06, 09:41 PM   #12
kapitanfred
Planesman

Downloads: 28

Quote:
Ok Capt, maybe I'll give it a go once I'm back in port. Gotta attack that westbound convoy first. Seeing it's running at 12 kts, there might be something special to sink.

Thanks for the info, it's appreciated.
Yeh!! and v2.6 onwards has some great surprises in it also
kapitanfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-06, 11:45 PM   #13
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

MultiSH3 totally rocks.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-06, 12:30 AM   #14
supposedtobeworking
XO

Downloads: 59

quick question -- just dl multish3 and sh3cmdr 2.6.1 -- is this the one i need because the multish3 readme says i need 2.6.1.124?? thx
supposedtobeworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-06, 01:13 AM   #15
Potoroo
Navy Dude

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by supposedtobeworking
quick question -- just dl multish3 and sh3cmdr 2.6.1 -- is this the one i need because the multish3 readme says i need 2.6.1.124?? thx
The SH3 Commander 2.6.1 maintenance release is 2.6.1.126.

I'm pleased to announce that MultiSH3 is now available for download from http://www.subsim.com/subsim_files/patches2005.html. Jaesen told me he intended to include MultiSH3 in the SH3 Commander full download, but if you only download the 2.6.1 update then you need to download MultiSH3 separately.

I would also like to thank everybody for their kind words. I hope you are finding it useful. Any and all feedback from users would be appreciated.
Potoroo is offline   Reply With Quote