SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-19-24, 08:21 AM   #1
boonie
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 101
Uploads: 0

hmm please dont ban me for stating this:

using stock sh4+ubm (steam) : got the range bang on the dot accurate on first try.

using fotrs v1.3 with steam sh4 : bang on the dot range accurate on first try.

not trying to belittle the hardwork of anyone but there's something seriously wrong with the stadimeter on fotrsu.
boonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-24, 10:58 AM   #2
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 437
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonie View Post
hmm please dont ban me for stating this:

using stock sh4+ubm (steam) : got the range bang on the dot accurate on first try.

using fotrs v1.3 with steam sh4 : bang on the dot range accurate on first try.

not trying to belittle the hardwork of anyone but there's something seriously wrong with the stadimeter on fotrsu.
ban you...no.
take the mickey out on you....possibly.

de-install fotrs 1.3 and download and install FOTRSU 1.8.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-24, 11:02 PM   #3
boonie
Electrician's Mate

nah.. i thought of going for v1.3. but that's too 2012..

finally figured how to get a sh4 patch 1.4 going after 1 night of trying. now i am running fotrs v2.0. although i only know 2 words in german 'panzerkampfwagen' and 'flammenwerf'... but they have working stadimeter. lol.
Old 03-20-24, 07:19 AM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Had you emptied the Save folder, which defaults to C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4 after you activated FotRSU v1.8? It uses quite a few "assets" differently than the Stock or any other modded game, and if you do not empty the Save folder, the game does not run correctly. That also applies to most major mod configuration changes with JSGME, but is dependent upon what is changed when doing so. If you still have FotRSU activated, run its JSGME and choose "Tasks..." in the middle, then "Export activated mods list to --->" and choose either "Clipboard" or "Text file", and paste the info into your next post. As an aside, there is a partial English translation in the SubSim downloads somewhere for v2.x of FOTRS. It is a beautiful looking mod, and is what FotRSU was built on, along with combining v1.2 and v1.3 of the SH4v1.5 mods. You will most likely find that the AI is quite persistent in FOTRS v2.x

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-24, 08:50 PM   #5
boonie
Electrician's Mate

cant get the log now.. i already wiped out the sh4 v1.5. now i am on sh4v1.4 doing fotrs v2.0.

will look for the file tyvm its tough playing with full german language.. i am using a 2nd monitor to type out everything sent from radio in to google translate while pausing the game.. it however gave a strange vibe of working the enigma machine.. LMFAO...

ps:
is this the link u mentioned?

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=226278

the link on the top of the page that was supposedly leading to a translated version only leads to the same german version download page unfortunately.

Last edited by boonie; 03-21-24 at 01:23 AM.
Old 03-21-24, 07:21 PM   #6
boonie
Electrician's Mate

initial testing of FOTRS v2.0 (ge):
-radar is not working. big disappointment.

-friendly unit dont seems to generate sound in hydrophone.i think this comes from stock.
-sometimes the sound just bug out and gives out a long super loud garble of noises. super annoying. encountered twice in few hours of play, happened during dive/surfacing when time compression is used.

not sure to continue with this or go back to fotrsu at this point.
Old 03-21-24, 08:08 PM   #7
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Which boat are you in, and what year is it? FOTRS tried to have relatively accurate dates for both the SD and SJ radars, so it is like June 1942 before SD Air Search, and later for SJ Surface search.

There is an issue with at least one, possibly three ships in Stock that do not have the "sound" correct for sonar/hydrophones, and that is carried into FOTRS.

The Stock game mostly uses 44.1kHz, 16-bit audio, which would be "CD Quality", for the wave file sounds. Speech is mostly ogg vorbis. Music might be mp3 or wav. The 'modern' computer is usually running at 48kHz at 24-bit depth, since most of the online movies are at that or at 16-bits. That can sometimes lead to issues with older DirectX v9 games, such as SH4. Also, if I'm not mistaken, there are a few sounds in FOTRS that are not "Stock game compliant", and are either lower in frequency or bit-depth, which can throw the game's audio engine off. However, another factor could be if you hadn't deleted the Save folder after activating the mod, which could also contribute to radar, sonar and hydrophone issues. The only "problem" with FOTRS (besides the language barrier) is the number of what I call "run-away spawns" that occur, mostly from Japanese ports with IJN DD that were not docked properly, or were not terminated properly. I thought I had a "fix" posted for that on SubSim here, but cannot find that. I'll try to dig that out of the old computer and re-upload it.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote