SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-30-23, 08:03 PM   #1
pmcmull
Bosun

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 0
Default fatigue at 100

No, not my fatigue. My crew. But it's my fault. They got left at battle stations for too long. It is almost all of the deck crews. I was on the bridge and turned to check the deck crew and they were sleeping at their posts ! Checked their status and the fatigue is at 100.
And the thing is they don't seem to be recovering. Other crew show asleep when not on watch, but not these guys. It has been more than 12 hours and they should be improving. I tried a save and a reload to see if that would help. No. At the moment I have swapped in a couple crew members from other departments so each watch has somebody actually watching.

Pat
pmcmull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-23, 10:05 PM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Battle Stations puts all crew on duty, so you will have to do two shift's worth of rest, or 8 hours minimum, possibly up to 16 hours, or longer if they were injured.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-23, 03:00 PM   #3
pmcmull
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Battle Stations puts all crew on duty, so you will have to do two shift's worth of rest, or 8 hours minimum, possibly up to 16 hours, or longer if they were injured.
They have had more time to rest or recover and are not coming back at all. This is in a career using the RFB 2.0 mod. I can't find any documentation on this problem. It looks like I will have to complete this patrol and then dismiss these damaged sailors and replace with fresh crew. Hope some are available in Surabaya or Fremantle at the time to return.
Old 10-31-23, 04:17 PM   #4
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 437
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcmull View Post
They have had more time to rest or recover and are not coming back at all. This is in a career using the RFB 2.0 mod. I can't find any documentation on this problem. It looks like I will have to complete this patrol and then dismiss these damaged sailors and replace with fresh crew. Hope some are available in Surabaya or Fremantle at the time to return.
i have not this issue in a long, long time. no offense intended as all of us-SH4 players have tripped on the same branch as you have.

you should be able to save, exit, relaunch, and load to cure the problem because that technique cures all injuries (and deaths) that your crew may have.

if save-relaunch-load does not work, try to limp back to the closest sub base and do a resupply. that should clear the injuries and the fatigue.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-23, 05:53 AM   #5
pmcmull
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
i have not this issue in a long, long time. no offense intended as all of us-SH4 players have tripped on the same branch as you have.

you should be able to save, exit, relaunch, and load to cure the problem because that technique cures all injuries (and deaths) that your crew may have.

if save-relaunch-load does not work, try to limp back to the closest sub base and do a resupply. that should clear the injuries and the fatigue.

Yes, they are showing as fatigue = 100 and health = 0 . A save - restart - load did not fix it. I will see what happens when I complete the patrol.

Pat
Old 11-01-23, 09:19 AM   #6
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

surprise the reload didn't fix it
Old 11-01-23, 01:33 PM   #7
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcmull View Post
Yes, they are showing as fatigue = 100 and health = 0 . A save - restart - load did not fix it. I will see what happens when I complete the patrol.

Pat
Do you have any mods activated? If you do, run JSGME and then choose "Tasks..." from the middle, and do an "Export activated mods list..." and post that here. Do any of the crew have colored "borders" around their icon pictures on the crew display screen?

Old 11-02-23, 01:17 AM   #8
pmcmull
Bosun

Quote:
Do you have any mods activated? If you do, run JSGME and then choose "Tasks..." from the middle, and do an "Export activated mods list..." and post that here. Do any of the crew have colored "borders" around their icon pictures on the crew display screen?
Okay here it is
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\SH4RFB\MODS]

100 RFB_2.0_with_Patch
4_RFB_2.0_Patch_06June2019
RSRDC_RFB_V575
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
8 Webster's Upgraded Deck Gun v1
Improved Stock Environment_v3
410 Rockin Robbins EZ Plot V2.0

I was just trying to complete the patrol and return to Surabaya. It is Feb '42. Since the earlier action, I was finding no convoys at all and no task forces I could intercept. Not back yet but saved to continue. Colored borders on the crew pictures? I don't see that but the crew with the fatigue problem have a red tint to their pictures.

Pat
Old 11-02-23, 02:37 AM   #9
pmcmull
Bosun

Default Continuing

I return to Surabaya base, taking a save before going to the base. Receive a Bronze Star award for the mission. Also the offer to go to a new sub. I elect for the moment to stay with the Tarpon. The crewmen with the 100 fatigue are still there and still at full fatigue. There are no available upgrades to the submarine, and the few crew available have no experience and no relevant specialties.
I decide to reload from the save. And take the offer of a new boat. I am transferred to Pearl Harbor and it takes only 4 days (!) to Feb 10 '42. Given a Gato class (USS Gato) however no upgrades to guns or sensors are available. Rather surprised to see I still have the same crew members. And still with the fatigue issue. I am swapping with available fresh replacements. Not many replacements available and no good specialties. I take what I can get and leave slightly short-handed. Patrol assignment: Celebes Sea.

Pat
Old 11-02-23, 10:39 PM   #10
propbeanie

I'm not sure about how well RFB 2 works with RSRDC, which was technically for RFB v1.52. I am also not certain of the use of the Improved Stock Environment with the combination, since RFB and RSRDC both change settings that are affected by the environmental settings. However, I do not remember RSRDC changing anything to do with the crewing in either the sub or the objects folders...

Old 11-03-23, 08:09 AM   #11
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 437
Uploads: 27

Quote:
I'm not sure about how well RFB 2 works with RSRDC, which was technically for RFB v1.52. I am also not certain of the use of the Improved Stock Environment with the combination, since RFB and RSRDC both change settings that are affected by the environmental settings. However, I do not remember RSRDC changing anything to do with the crewing in either the sub or the objects folders...
i'm playing RFB v2.0 with RSRDC v5.75 and i am not experiencing the fatigue issue, but i am not using any environmental mod unless you count Webster's Visibility Mod and that only changes two files, neither of which have anything to do with the crew.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\SH4_RFB\MODS]

1_RFB_2.0
2_RFB_2.0_Patch_23April2010
3_SMMO for RFB 2.0
4_RFB_2.0_Patch_06June2019
5_Stop The Shouting
6_OTC RFB 2.0
61_OTC_Gato Sonar Bearing Fix
7_Increased binoculars for RFB OTC
8_09_RSRDC_RFB_V575
8_RFB_LocNames
805_U.S. Medals Fix II_RFBv1.52
81_Clean and Quiet Map
82_Webster's 300' Underwater Visability for v1.5
83_3000 Yard Bearing Tool (1920x)
9_RFB_Corrections

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-23, 04:54 PM   #12
pmcmull
Bosun

Quote:

I wa trying to follow what Devin Horner was doing on his Youtube videos. Because it looked so good and ran well. I had added the Improved Stock Environment for some reason, not sure why now. I will probably deactivate it next time in port.

The fatigue factor seemed to be focused on the deck watch and deck gun crews. But no idea of why. The solution is prevention. And not leave the crew at battle stations. When finishing a convoy attack, I was concentrating on getting away and back on patrol. But skipped restoring normal conditions on board.