SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-25-23, 12:20 PM   #6346
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

A bit of a spoilt brat in my estimation and I don't like the way he appears to treat his wife in public.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-23, 03:58 PM   #6347
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Did you notice that his mug shot looks like an NFT?

I'm starting to wonder if this Ga. case will end up coming down to "double jeopardy"? Blame the judge and the prosecution, but the fix was in all along?

ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-23, 04:12 PM   #6348
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Icon12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
A bit of a spoilt brat in my estimation and I don't like the way he appears to treat his wife in public.
A spoilt brat he always has been, but no one took him serious because of his childish manner and primitive world view. And no one expected him to really be as he presented himself, let alone he would try to overthrow the constitution. Turns out he also is a miserable liar.

What he does and how he acts is intentionally evil and sub-standard, what Biden does is probably due to his age and obvious sickness.
Does this make Biden more suited for the job as a president? Maybe not. Does this make Trump the better man in comparison? Surely not.

It is breathtaking that there is no better man suitable and in position to become a president of the US of A than those two. Who will be the successor when both are dead?

You could maybe feel pity with Melania, but then it was her free will to join the Trump family. Or was it?
I do not think anything regarding Trump has to do with free will.
[/rant]

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-23, 05:13 PM   #6349
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
Did you notice that his mug shot looks like an NFT?

I'm starting to wonder if this Ga. case will end up coming down to "double jeopardy"? Blame the judge and the prosecution, but the fix was in all along?

The fix is called applying the law and backing it up with actual factual evidence that will hold up in court.

All of the evidence is being provided by Republicans so what's the issue.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-23, 06:34 PM   #6350
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
It is breathtaking that there is no better man suitable and in position to become a president of the US of A than those two. Who will be the successor when both are dead?

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-23, 06:48 PM   #6351
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
It is breathtaking that there is no better man suitable and in position to become a president of the US of A than those two.
Yea that is a shocking and true. It is not a failure of the system but of those who would manipulate the system. If Americans do not demand any better then nothing will change.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-23, 07:38 PM   #6352
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

If Biden is not available, they always can send Feinstein into the arena. After four years of Biden maybe its time that somebody else starts to heat up the temp on the dancefloor.

The US is a gerontocracy. The age average of the parties' fat cats is breathtaking. Senility fuels further feudal self-understanding, climaxing in the unaware belief that one has a right for life to be glued to the throne(s).
Old 08-25-23, 07:40 PM   #6353
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
If Americans do not demand any better then nothing will change.
How simliar it sounds. I say the same about Germany. We have a lousy layman group playing government, but if Germans let them and obey then, they deserve this and no other government.

Its not so much thinking from my side in terms of punishement, but thinking in terms of natural mutual attraction.

As the Chinese proverb goes, double-layered and a bit underhanded: every people has the government it deserves.
Old 08-26-23, 03:20 AM   #6354
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

I think we're done. There will never be a free and fair election ever again. One outsider slipped in, and won the big show one time. The outsider started keeping campaign promises to voters instead of starting wars. They really hated that, and they'll never let it happen again. The end.
Old 08-26-23, 06:21 AM   #6355
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
I think we're done. There will never be a free and fair election ever again. One outsider slipped in, and won the big show one time. The outsider started keeping campaign promises to voters instead of starting wars. They really hated that, and they'll never let it happen again. The end.
I am a lot more hopeful about America than I am about my country, Canada and some Western European countries. In your system dissent is still allowed although it is under constant attack by the Left. And you are able to arm yourselves as a final defense against tyranny. In Canada most people are quite willing to give up their individual freedoms with the hope that big brother will make everything work out. We know how that will play out.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-23, 07:53 AM   #6356
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
A spoilt brat he always has been, but no one took him serious because of his childish manner and primitive world view. And no one expected him to really be as he presented himself, let alone he would try to overthrow the constitution. Turns out he also is a miserable liar.

What he does and how he acts is intentionally evil and sub-standard, what Biden does is probably due to his age and obvious sickness.
Does this make Biden more suited for the job as a president? Maybe not. Does this make Trump the better man in comparison? Surely not.

You could maybe feel pity with Melania, but then it was her free will to join the Trump family. Or was it?
I do not think anything regarding Trump has to do with free will.
[/rant]
Rgr that

Old 08-26-23, 09:14 AM   #6357
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

It’s pretty obvious what’s in the European news cycle everyday.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-23, 09:51 AM   #6358
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
It’s pretty obvious what’s in the European news cycle everyday.
Trump, Trump, Biden and Trump

About the candidate-I know there use to be other candidate than the two who run for Rep and Dem-Pick one of these young candidate instead of voting for Biden and some old Rep candidate.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-23, 11:07 AM   #6359
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Apparently, Ken Chesebro will get his wish for a speedy trial in the Fulton County RICO case. He asked for a November 2023 date likely thinking Fani Willis was not ready, and Fani responded by asking for an October 2023 date. That appears to have been grated and Chesebro will now be tried separately. This is bad news for the other Co-Defendants who are hoping to delay proceedings, especially if there is a guilty verdict.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie

Last edited by Buddahaid; 08-26-23 at 11:20 AM.
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-23, 12:37 PM   #6360
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

On Friday, August 25, Joe Biden finally addressed Donald Trump's mugshot, which was taken the night before.

While on vacation with his family in Lake Tahoe, Biden took some time to comment on the controversial photograph. His reaction was surprising as the President of the United States has largely not commented on Trump's four indictments over the last six months.

As Biden began his public statements in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, he was largely booed by the crowd. "We don't want you here" could be heard from the audience as the Democratic politician attempted to speak with reporters.

"Have you seen Donald Trump's mugshot yet," one reporter asked the father-of-four.

"I did see it on television," Biden replied with a grin as the spectators continued to jeer.