SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-11-20, 06:18 AM   #2671
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

In the UK, people told to stay at home as temperatures are expected to soar.

The British Medical Association says doctors are still not getting protective equipment.

The UK announced 980 more hospital deaths yesterday, bringing the total to almost 9,000

Spain's daily death figures continue to drop, falling to lowest level in nearly three weeks.

India will extend its lockdown, says chief minister.

Some 1.7 million cases and 100,000 deaths have been confirmed globally, says Johns Hopkins University.

The US becomes the first country to report more than 2,000 deaths in a single day.

The World Health Organization warns of a "deadly resurgence" in infections if restrictions are lifted too early.

UK PM Boris Johnson "able to do short walks" as part of his recovery.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 06:28 AM   #2672
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
NHS staff still do not have the protective equipment they need to treat coronavirus patients, medics have said.

The British Medical Association (BMA) said doctors were putting their lives at risk by working without adequate protection.

It comes as the health secretary said 19 NHS workers had died with coronavirus since the outbreak began.

On Friday, Matt Hancock said there was enough kit for everyone and unveiled a plan for addressing shortages.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52252470
ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL!!

Old 04-11-20, 07:46 AM   #2673
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I read somewhere that due to their regulations, not sure if state or city, their morgues were already more than half full with unclaimed bodies before the start of the pandemic. Something about not being able to quickly dispose of them.

I am pretty sure what you are looking at is a temporary mass grave for unclaimed victims and that might be why they are being filled manually too.
I guess you're right, it just seems backward to me, to dig holes by shovel and then bury people, with the possibility of digging them back up later (if it's temporarily). How do they do that? Maybe if someone claims a body 3 weeks from now, some poor guy has to dig them up? Maybe it's self-service....

Quote:
The facility, off the coast of the Bronx, has been used for a century and half to bury New Yorkers who have no next of kin, and those whose families are too poor to afford a private burial.
https://www.politico.com/states/new-...-cases-1274835

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
That makes perfect sense although I'm not sure why cremation wouldn't be a better option given that DNA collection would solve any ID problems.
Yeah, that makes a lot more sense to me. They can store the ashes in case someone comes along to claim them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Napa now has 32 cases and two dead. All restaurants and wineries the heart of the world famous tourist wine/dine destination are shut except for take-out. As a civic duty, my retired wife and I are doing the take-out on a large scale at places to help out the people we've known over 30 years of splendid dining. Burglars also hit one of my favorite weekly establishments (Fume Bistro);as if things were'nt tough enough. Crime is generally way down though as there are no empty houses to be burgled during lockdown.
Wow, that is the most amazing thing I have read in 60 days of pandemic, very cool. I salute you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
A couple of cars next to dad's house in Napa were broken into last weekend. Stupid stuff stolen but I'm going to install another motion sensor light in that area.

And as a heads up, George at 4045 is getting crazier and starting to stand out on the street ranting at cars he doesn't like. I think he's not responding well to having to eat in....

But seriously Vince, he's going to get in trouble with the constabulatory soon. He's getting the angry old man syndrome and has already brandished a firearm once but edged out of it somehow. Just a heads up at this point.
Whoas, what's the backstory here!
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 08:07 AM   #2674
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
EU finance ministers have agreed a €500bn (£430bn;$540bn) rescue package for European countries hit hard by the coronavirus pandemic.

The chairman of the Eurogroup, Mário Centeno, announced the deal, reached after marathon discussions in Brussels.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52238932
That's great as long as they don't start squabbling over who gets what size slice of the cake.

Old 04-11-20, 09:43 AM   #2675
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 09:48 AM   #2676
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

^ it's a sign that the pandemic has peaked and she needs food more than she does TP
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 10:45 AM   #2677
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Pay her back only a quarter of what she spent and give the remainder to a local charity.

Old 04-11-20, 10:48 AM   #2678
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The only problem I have with the above is seeing news articles stating that some who had previously recovered are now testing positive again.

Old 04-11-20, 11:18 AM   #2679
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I was stunned by that bad news of re-infections three days ago, and all I could say back then was "s###" . Its the South Koreans ringing that alarm bell first, and they speak of several thousand already. However, it is not clear at the moment whether it is indeed a reinfection due to lacking or immunity or immunity taken out by an undiscovered virus mutation (if it would be any of these two circumstances, then that would be extremely bad news of course), or if the second-time patients never cured out their disease in the first, or the testing method is flawed somewhere in the procedure. As far as I take it from the media right now and if dare to believe them, we simply do not now what is going on there. We only know the fact that several thousand Koreans who were declared healthy after they went through the disease, now are falling sick again.

This virus is diabolic, it has surprised us and proven wrong former believes and assumptions repeatedly now. Its not the typical candidate from the Corona family, it is much more tricky and malicous. Schlüpfriger kleiner Widerling.
Old 04-11-20, 11:25 AM   #2680
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I was stunned by that bad news of re-infections three days ago, and all I could say back then was "s###" . Its the South Koreans ringing that alarm bell first, and they speak of several thousand already. However, it is not clear at the moment whether it is indeed a reinfection due to lacking or immunity or immunity taken out by an undiscovered virus mutation (if it would be any of these two circumstances, then that would be extremely bad news of course), or if the second-time patients never cured out their disease in the first, or the testing method is flawed somewhere in the procedure. As far as I take it from the media right now and if dare to believe them, we simply do not now what is going on there. We only know the fact that several thousand Koreans who were declared healthy after they went through the disease, now are falling sick again.

This virus is diabolic, it has surprised us and proven wrong former believes and assumptions repeatedly now. Its not the typical candidate from the Corona family, it is much more tricky and malicous. Schlüpfriger kleiner Widerling.
I did not want to hear this Sky Thank you for posting it

I think I already had it once last February and ended middle of March, but I won't know till I take that new test they have to see if you had the virus.
or achievement

Old 04-11-20, 11:28 AM   #2681
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Somethign positive (yeah, I know its hard to believe, Skybird and something positive... ) I notice that at German Amazon and Ebay prices for surgical masks fall significantly, and that they become more and more available, both from overseas and China, but also German stocks. Today I spotted first offers for delivery within 4-5 working days at costs of 30 cents per mask. That is still 3x more than usual for a surgical mask, and its not FFP, but I see that FFP masks also slowly become more and more available and drop in prices. The Goldrush (worse I have ever seen was a single FFP2 for almost 300 Euros) seems to be over, and now mass production starts to do its magic.

Also, Melitta, a significant producer of coffee machines, coffee blends, vacuum cleaner bags and some more household items, has started to produce surgical masks, they are formed like coffee filters and are no work of beauty, but use material for clincal use and fulfill according clinical standards. The current production capacity is 1 million per day, they prepare to also launch big style in production of FFB masks. Well. Thats for a start! Better late than never! I expect others will soon follow.
Old 04-11-20, 11:50 AM   #2682
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Earlier today I saw a clip with President Trump, where he talked about a death rate lower than the minimum they had set which was 100000 dead.

After this clip this News channels reporter in USA said

Mr. Trump is to early on his positive words and he is to early on his plan on opening the American society.

This Corona haven't hit Washington with full strength yet, and it will in 2-3 weeks from now and not to forget the rest of USA.

I somehow believe this reporter more, than I believe Trump(even though he's not my President/prime minister)

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 12:09 PM   #2683
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Yes Markus it is still too early to tell, but President Trump was backed up by his coronavirus team of coordinator VP Mike Pence, Doctor Deborah Birx,
plus the director of the National Institute on Allergy and Infectious Disease Anthony Fauci that the total will now below the first estimates of over 100k ...

Somewhere around 60k perhaps and we are 1/3 of that now
or achievement

Old 04-11-20, 12:27 PM   #2684
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Yes Markus it is still too early to tell, but President Trump was backed up by his coronavirus team of coordinator VP Mike Pence, Doctor Deborah Birx,
plus the director of the National Institute on Allergy and Infectious Disease Anthony Fauci that the total will now below the first estimates of over 100k ...

Somewhere around 60k perhaps and we are 1/3 of that now
Thank you. Even 60000 dead is a tragedy.
Each of these victims had a family

Or if we think as some famous soviet leader who said something like

1 dead is a tragedy thousands dead is statistic.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 12:56 PM   #2685
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan