Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-20, 02:19 AM   #8851
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

The Trump Administration Is Stalling an Intel Report That Warns the U.S. Isn’t Ready for a Global Pandemic --

Quote:

An annual intelligence report that has been postponed without explanation by President Donald Trump’s administration warns that the U.S. remains unprepared for a global pandemic, two senior government officials who have reviewed a draft of the report tell TIME.

The final draft of the report remains classified but the two officials who have read it say it contains warnings similar to those in the last installment, which was published on January 29, 2019. The 2019 report warns on page 29 that, “The United States will remain vulnerable to the next flu pandemic or large-scale outbreak of a contagious disease that could lead to massive rates of death and disability, severely affect the world economy, strain international resources, and increase calls on the United States for support.”

The 2019 warning was the third time in as many years that the nation’s intelligence experts said that a new strain of influenza could lead to a pandemic, and that the U.S. and the world were unprepared. “Although the international community has made tenuous improvements to global health security, these gains may be inadequate to address the challenge of what we anticipate will be more frequent outbreaks of infectious diseases because of rapid unplanned urbanization, prolonged humanitarian crises, human incursion into previously unsettled land, expansion of international travel and trade, and regional climate change,” the 2019 threat assessment warned.

Rather than acting on these recurrent warnings and bolstering America’s ability to respond to an outbreak, the Trump administration has instead cut back money and personnel from pandemic preparedness. In May 2018, Trump’s aides dismissed the National Security Council’s global health security staff and moved to cut its budget. The White House also cut the budgets of the Centers for Disease Control and the Department of Health and Human Services, and closed the federal government’s $30 million Complex Crises Fund.

[Bold text and italics mine...]

The third warning in three years...

Hmm...

Say, wait a minute... hasn't Trump been in office a little over three years?...

Must be a coincidence...

Like I said, his own worst enemy...

<O>
Old 03-10-20, 08:09 AM   #8852
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Man, oil cratering, stock market cratering, pandemic in the US; all 8 months before an election. Biden can put his campaign on cruise control.
Old 03-10-20, 08:53 AM   #8853
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Man, oil cratering, stock market cratering, pandemic in the US; all 8 months before an election. Biden can put his campaign on cruise control.

I wouldn't go that far, but things are definitely looking less than certain for Trump getting four more years...

...unless of course, those years are for the prison sentences he and his spawn face over his and their various illegal tax and business dealings once His Routndness is pried from the Oval Office next January...

"Lock him up! Lock him up! Lock him up"...

<O>
Old 03-10-20, 09:26 AM   #8854
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Yea! vienna is back again

Hey, buddy now that your getting older and self admitted to being absent minded.
I don't want you to be locked out of your account so I've arranged for you to use my password.

MAGA 2020
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 03-10-20, 09:39 AM   #8855
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Ya, playing a round of golf and going on like Baghdad Bob didn't help his political future. I do understand what he's trying say as he bumbles about on Twitter. But I cant imagine it gives many others the warm and fuzzies they probably crave right now. Frankly he's just not cut out for it.

However I think the CDC has been on it and offering good recommendations from the get go. The key to success is people taking it seriously and following it. We have some of the best minds in infectious disease medicine and medical facilities in the world working on this.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 03-10-20, 10:35 AM   #8856
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Lil' Boy'S comments on the desease control, and on the nature of Corvid 19, saying it is like a flu, reveals an ammount of cluelessness that makes it hard for the nation to swallow his drivel like it usually does. Also, traditionally office holders are accused for economic downturns before elections, whether they are causally responsible for it or not does not matter. Its an empirical thing.

And then the ages of all candidates. 78, 77 and 73, that makes a mean age of 76. Neither Biden nor Trump nor Sanders really leave an impression of freshness when seeing them doing and acting and talking. Its a country of the walking dead.
Old 03-10-20, 10:56 AM   #8857
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar
The key to success is people taking it seriously and following it
For sure, for sure like washing your hands, not touching your face, sneeze into your arm, hand sanitizer, stay six (6) feet away from other people,
get plenty of sleep and rest, have cold meds ready to treat at a moments notice, etc.

It always amazes me when people keep doing the same things wrong over and over again and think that it will have a different turn out for them.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 03-10-20, 11:17 AM   #8858
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Ya, playing a round of golf and going on like Baghdad Bob didn't help his political future. I do understand what he's trying say as he bumbles about on Twitter. But I cant imagine it gives many others the warm and fuzzies they probably crave right now. Frankly he's just not cut out for it.

However I think the CDC has been on it and offering good recommendations from the get go. The key to success is people taking it seriously and following it. We have some of the best minds in infectious disease medicine and medical facilities in the world working on this.

The CDC's (and, for that matter, the nation's) problem is, while the CDC is valiantly trying to soldier through the crisis, Trump the Chump and his minions are overruling, denying, and outright banning and censoring the CDC's effort at a considered responsible response in order to shove their own 'science' down the throats of the US public and to keep The Chump happy with his precious "numbers". The upside of all this is now the voters are really getting an actual example of how incompetent, ignorant, mendacious, and grossly unqualified he really is and, as Neal pointed out, really doing all of the heavy lifting for Biden's campaign, or as I put it, Trump is his own worst enemy...

I really feel for those at the CDC having to put up with the whole White House farce...

<O>
Old 03-10-20, 12:53 PM   #8859
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

I dont think he has a disregard for what science or the CDC has revealed about COVID-19. Nor do I think his tweets about the virus are an attempt to be outright confrontational with facts. I just dont believe he's cut out to be in a position of leadership which requires him to listen, weigh the advice of others, develop a plan and at the same time be able to assure the people it will be OK. Whats so disappointing and somewhat scary for me is as a Stamford Advocate article suggests "Trump struggles to calm a nation...", I really think he's doing his best though he struggles at it. When your only claim too fame is a TV program (The Apprentice) where you sit at the head of the table telling people 'your fired' its bound to show.

Thankfully though I think its readily apparent that every member here at Subsim has taken the advice of their own CDC and is still able to get on with life without tweets. Why? I think it's because we are smart enough to know not too focus on the 'show'.

I might add, though some here tend to think the President is our ruler and all knowing overlord, he isn't, we live still in a republic. Now I may be mistaken but it is at this moment in time each states responsibility to track and enforce quarantine. Last time federal intervention occurred was in the early nineteen hundreds.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-10-20 at 04:03 PM.
Old 03-10-20, 07:02 PM   #8860
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:

Well that's assuming all the doomsdayers like you are wrong and there are enough people left alive to actually have an election right?

I just don't get you Neal. The man is trying to keep public fear of this virus from becoming a panic and people like you seem to be hoping that it can be turned into one and don't try to tell me that there aren't those out there doing just that. You're upset at his flu comparison but other than basically harrumphing your distaste at Bad Orange Man you have any ideas of what he should have said instead.

But i guess your Biden comment means that maybe you don't really care about this virus except as a vehicle to get your establishment candidate back into power so they can raise taxes and get us back to fighting the never ending wars and military adventures that the American political establishment is so fond of.

I mean putting his families corruption aside for a moment, do you really think that Joe Biden has the mental facilities to be President of the United States? The man is obviously senile. You don't recover from that, it only gets worse and four years is a long time.

How is a person who has to limit his speeches to ever shorter bits of time, wants to debate sitting down, threatens voters with violence, can't even put together a coherent sentence for cripes sake going to deal with, say something like this latest emergency?

You don't like Trump saying stupid things? Well your fixing to vote for the all time American grand master of saying stupid things. I look forward to the debates.
August is online  
Old 03-10-20, 07:14 PM   #8861
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

And then there is the current White House response.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 03-10-20, 08:59 PM   #8862
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Well that's assuming all the doomsdayers like you are wrong and there are enough people left alive to actually have an election right?
Now come on, you can not say I ever suggested this virus would so kill many people there would not be any left for an election. That's a joke you are making, I know, but I want to make sure I answer that. I'm not sure I am a doomsayer, that's like calling the guy passing out life jackets on the Titanic a doomsayer. I have said this virus could kill large numbers of people and it should be taken seriously.

Quote:
I just don't get you Neal. The man is trying to keep public fear of this virus from becoming a panic and people like you seem to be hoping that it can be turned into one and don't try to tell me that there aren't those out there doing just that. You're upset at his flu comparison but other than basically harrumphing your distaste at Bad Orange Man you have any ideas of what he should have said instead.
Sure I do. He should have confirmed the situation is very serious and the best thing we can do avoid to making it worse is to take decisive action immediately. Seal off the most heavily affected regions, bring in the resources to keep the food flowing, ask people in surrounding areas to self-quarantine, reduce travel, stop large gatherings, work from home if your occupation permits, and get ready for a tough three-six months. Be straight with the people, they can handle it. The point is to be proactive and not wait until it turns into a disaster. Look at Singapore, they know how to handle it.

Trump doesn't have a flipping clue and it's pretty obvious. He goes on and on about total bs like his perfect phone call, and Fine network Fox News". Was he drunk? I assume not so that leaves stupid, oblivious,and out of touch. He doesn't know better than to riff about his super genius uncle and how he surprised all the scientist by "getting it", wow he should have been a viral epidemiologist. I don't get you, August. I am a conservative as much as you but I sure can't pretend this guy is nothing other than a blithering idiot. Jeesus christ that CDC press conference looked like a North Korean dear leader stage show.

Quote:
But i guess your Biden comment means that maybe you don't really care about this virus except as a vehicle to get your establishment candidate back into power so they can raise taxes and get us back to fighting the never ending wars and military adventures that the American political establishment is so fond of.
Hey! What a coincidence, I listened to Rush Limbaugh today too! But wait, you are saying Biden is my candidate? Where did that come from? The only candidate that I have made campaign donations to is the only one left who isn't a senile old fossil and she has made it very clear she does not want the US involved in war and nation building. I just pointed out that with the Dems shooting Bernie in the back (again) and Trump falling apart in full view, Biden has the best path to the WH. I could be wrong, and that could change. The virus might magically go away and the stock exchange could rally and go into hyperdrive before Nov. But I don't know,man, that doesn't seem likely. (Then again,what do I know, I assured my daughter in 2015 that haha, no Donald Trump doesn't have a chance to win the Republican nomination, let alone the Presidency of the United States. I overestimate half the people in this country).

Quote:
I mean putting his families corruption aside for a moment, do you really think that Joe Biden has the mental facilities to be President of the United States? The man is obviously senile. You don't recover from that, it only gets worse and four years is a long time.

How is a person who has to limit his speeches to ever shorter bits of time, wants to debate sitting down, threatens voters with violence, can't even put together a coherent sentence for cripes sake going to deal with, say something like this latest emergency?

You don't like Trump saying stupid things? Well your fixing to vote for the all time American grand master of saying stupid things. I look forward to the debates.
Yeah, I agree, Biden is way past his prime, and he was never anything more than a political hack. He is not sharp, and I don't intend on denigrating him for that, but I would not be happy with him in the WH. Unless he takes Gabbard as his VP then I'm in!

As far as Biden vs Trump, jeesus what sh*show that's going to be. Our country is really in bad shape.
Old 03-10-20, 09:16 PM   #8863
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Maybe you didn't see the press event, here, enjoy. This is one situation he cannot scam his way past.

Old 03-10-20, 09:22 PM   #8864
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Maybe you didn't see the press event, here, enjoy. This is one situation he cannot scam his way past.

What a dud.

Best response was already given in the other thread here, the first video.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=838
Old 03-10-20, 10:40 PM   #8865
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Hey! What a coincidence, I listened to Rush Limbaugh today too!
I didn't listen to Rush today Neal I work for a living. Maybe that's just the natural reaction to what you posted.

As for Trump he showed that he takes it seriously when he banned travel from China and Iran back back in January when the Democrats were still opposed to it, mainly because it was Trump doing it.

So we'll see what happens. Our choice in November is going to be between Trump and most likely Biden. I will make the one I think best as will you and we'll see where it takes us.
August is online  
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter