Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Old 09-03-18, 01:02 PM   #5297
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Case in point.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 09-04-18, 03:39 PM   #5298
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Trump's (and the GOP's) biggest problem is Trump is pissing off the majority of American voters, much as was evident when he only got 46.1% of the total vote; in fact, as bad a candidate as Hillary Clinton was, she still beat him by 2.1% (48.2% total). Of the voters who did vote for Trump, 21% of those have said they would not vote for Trump again, leaving Trump, and the GOP with about a mid-30% base, not a bell-ringing number. And it continues to get worse:

Donald Trump’s Approval Rating Has Plunged and so Have Republicans’ Midterm Chances, New Poll Indicates --

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...dterms-1103829

Trump has gotten so twisted by his obsession with his (un)popularity polls, he has even screwed up by boasting about a poll finding that was actually the opposite of what he claimed:

READ: Donald Trump Tweets ‘Over 90% Approval Rating…Within the Republican Party and 52% Overall’ --

https://secondnexus.com/news/trump-t...proval-rating/

The responding tweets in the above article are very funny... and very true...

<O>
Old 09-04-18, 04:18 PM   #5299
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Trump is such a victim.
Old 09-04-18, 06:04 PM   #5300
vienna
Navy Seal

"He's just a poor boy, from a poor family..."...

<O>
Old 09-04-18, 07:46 PM   #5301
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

If Trump asked his deplorables to arm themselves and lay siege to D.C. they would. Would certainly make things interesting, two could play at this game. Unless an "algorithm" deleted his tweet. LOL

Should have caught them while they were all at McCain's funeral.

Last edited by em2nought; 09-04-18 at 07:54 PM. Reason: algorithm comment/McCain comment
Old 09-04-18, 08:00 PM   #5302
vienna
Navy Seal

You mean all 2 of the Deplorables would be available at the same time?...

<O>
Old 09-05-18, 04:15 PM   #5303
vienna
Navy Seal

An interesting Op-Ed piece in the New York Times today from a reputed Senior Official of Trump's White House:

I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration --

I work for the president but like-minded colleagues and I have vowed to thwart parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/o...gtype=Homepage

The Times has links on the page where questions can be asked regarding how the Times' vetting process on the Op-Ed piece was done...

All in all, this and Woodward's book on top of the many, many reports of the gross dysfunction of the Trump White House and, particularly, Trump, himself, paints a picture of a "social experiment" gone horribly wrong. Oh, well, President Pence might be able to remedy the situation...

<O>
Old 09-06-18, 01:53 AM   #5304
Hawk66
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 36

I am just wondering...is now the main job of the president to 'piss' on the 'right' people ?
Old 09-06-18, 03:21 AM   #5305
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Imo, its a sign for that system works not instead of that it works if such a failure of a man is allowed to unfold damage until the end of his term(s) and then he gets fired. That the system works would be illustrated by that it prevents the falure unfolding trhe poissible maximum of damage and ends the person in question's term before the end of his regular term.

Nobody needs an ambulance once the patient is dead. The ambulance must arrive before he is dead.

Its a meltdown of the political system, imo. And it will reach far beyond Donny's term. Donny will go one day - the parties still will be there.
Old 09-06-18, 03:38 AM   #5306
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
If Trump asked his deplorables to arm themselves and lay siege to D.C. they would. Would certainly make things interesting, two could play at this game. Unless an "algorithm" deleted his tweet. LOL

That is the most ignorant post you have ever made, and you have made a ton of them,lol If you armed yourself and went up against a well armed and determined enemy, you and Trump would be running neck and neck for the rear!! Get back on your meds!!

Al Capone
Old 09-06-18, 03:57 AM   #5307
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
You mean all 2 of the Deplorables would be available at the same time?...

<O>

Only if both of them were out on bail at the same time,LOL

Al Capone
Old 09-06-18, 10:23 AM   #5308
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
That is the most ignorant post you have ever made, and you have made a ton of them,lol If you armed yourself and went up against a well armed and determined enemy, you and Trump would be running neck and neck for the rear!! Get back on your meds!!
How cruel of you to comment like that

Quote:

I see nothing wrong with this observation

Meanwhile the WH is in lock down stage as someone inside is venting his anger and views ... I also see the POTUS as a strange person, but surely the Lord is in charge.

Washington needs our prayers not our scorn
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 09-06-18, 10:56 AM   #5309
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post

Meanwhile the WH is in lock down stage as someone inside is venting his anger and views ...
Or, in their desperation, the fake mainstream media has created another "story" out of thin air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
you and Trump would be running neck and neck for the rear!!
Most of us are too fat to run so we'd either win, or die in place à la the Alamo.

Last edited by em2nought; 09-06-18 at 11:01 AM. Reason: two repllies
Old 09-06-18, 03:31 PM   #5310
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post

but surely the Lord is in charge.

Washington needs our prayers not our scorn

I learned a long, long time ago the old adage is true: "God helps those who help themselves". When your house is on fire, you could pray to God the fire will go out, or you can use your God-given wits and hands and seek a way to put out the fire yourself. I am still grieving, near 40 years on, the loss of a young friend from cancer when she was only 19 years old; her father was a Baptist minister who put all of his faith in God and refused to allow his daughter to seek "ungodly" medical treatment and she died a very painful death. If patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel, then blind faith over reason is the refuge of those who will not face the truth. In the case of the disaster that is Trump, you are essentially saying prayer will solve the problem of a deceitful, dishonest, amoral, and criminal leadership. History has proven those who stood by the side and prayed for relief are the very most often the one's who suffer the greatest. We have mechanisms in place in this country to remedy our problems and I put more faith in them than I do prayer...

BTW, the phrase "God helps those who help themselves" goes way back to the Ancients and one of the earliest rendering of the sentiment ca. 409 BC is:

"No good e'er comes of leisure purposeless; And heaven ne’er helps the men who will not act."...

Quote:

Or, in their desperation, the fake mainstream media has created another "story" out of thin air.

I tend to think the story has more truth than fiction: it would be suicidal for the NYT to run such a piece without being extremely cautious and circumspect about the source. For such a high-profile news outlet to take such an extraordinary step without the most thorough of vetting is inconceivable...

As a historic touchstone, I am old enough to have lived through the Nixon Watergate scandal and, in that case, there was an informant, code named Deep Throat, used by the Washington Post to drive their investigations into the corruption and criminality in the White House. At the time, the same arguments were brought up of Deep Throat being a fiction of the Post or that the informant had no actual knowledge or connection to or with the Nixon Administration. The identity of Deep Throat was kept secret by the Post reporters Woodward and Bernstein (yes, the same Woodward who has just written and released Trump's new least favorite book, Fear), as part of their journalistic responsibility to protect their source until the family of Deep Throat revealed his name, which was confirmed by Woodward and Bernstein. It turned out Deep Throat was actually the #2 official at the FBI at the time, Associate FBI Director Mark Felt. I'm not saying the exact same situation holds in the present case, but there is a strong precedent to consider...

Quote:

Most of us are too fat to run so we'd either win, or die in place à la the Alamo.
I never knew Crockett, Bowie, Travis, et al, were prime candidates for Weight Watchers...

...and I don't think Trump would be there at all, if it came to a fight...

"bone spurs", you know...

<O>

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter