SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-13-14, 04:59 PM   #3151
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

So, what i need to do in order to see flags following wind direction? I have latest patcher and that's it, do I need anything else?
EDIT:
Aaa, now I see...In the patcher archive, SM_Flag_Wind_Patch
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-14, 05:28 PM   #3152
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

I wonder which mod is causing the frozen flags Makes this patch a waste of time .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-14, 03:14 AM   #3153
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
I wonder which mod is causing the frozen flags Makes this patch a waste of time .
the flag is freez when u add a new mod and u are not in bunker
that happends to me
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-14, 08:26 PM   #3154
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

I've isolated the memory address where it's defined the maximum wind speed. I changed it to 50m/s and whoa, there were some serious waves when I set the wind speed in game to 50m/s! Waves were about 10 times higher than my sub.

I figured out why you can never get a 'glass' water surface when you set wind speed to 0 - it's because the game sets a minimum wind speed. I'm going to let you override that also so that you can actually get a 0m/s wind speed.

There's all kinds of wonky stuff going on based on whether you have clouds and a certain cloud level, wind speed, rain or not, etc. It'll take some time to figure out all this wonky code they added for the weather
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-14, 08:45 PM   #3155
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Cannot wait for this , the weather is the big let down in SH5 now . 50m/s but stock wave height . I wonder if your sub gets blown off course more with real navigation ?

Last edited by THE_MASK; 04-14-14 at 09:22 PM.
Old 04-15-14, 02:52 AM   #3156
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
the flag is freez when u add a new mod and u are not in bunker
that happends to me
I just observed returning to Wilhelmshaven all flags are frozen in my campaign except for the larger capitol ship flags I wonder what the difference apart from the size is and why they don't freeze ?
Old 04-15-14, 03:40 AM   #3157
Nufsed
Sparky

Downloads: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I've isolated the memory address where it's defined the maximum wind speed. I changed it to 50m/s and whoa, there were some serious waves when I set the wind speed in game to 50m/s! Waves were about 10 times higher than my sub.

I figured out why you can never get a 'glass' water surface when you set wind speed to 0 - it's because the game sets a minimum wind speed. I'm going to let you override that also so that you can actually get a 0m/s wind speed.

There's all kinds of wonky stuff going on based on whether you have clouds and a certain cloud level, wind speed, rain or not, etc. It'll take some time to figure out all this wonky code they added for the weather
Pretty soon I'll need a bucket beside my deskJoking aside though, I have noticed that the waves in SHO are very realistic i.e. wave height and motion etc. I know this for a fact as I crewed a flat bottomed dutch barge across the North sea in a force 8 gale (yes I was terrified) but that's another story

Nufsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-14, 05:32 AM   #3158
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
I've isolated the memory address where it's defined the maximum wind speed.
Awesome news indeed

Quote:
I changed it to 50m/s and whoa, there were some serious waves when I set the wind speed in game to 50m/s! Waves were about 10 times higher than my sub.
I suppose an update to DynEnv's wind speed ranges will be required for it to work together with your upcoming patch.
Besides tweaking max wind speeds in weather cfg files (Env folder), during your test had you also updated SeaParameters.cfg with the new wind speed (50 m/s) parameters?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-14, 06:09 AM   #3159
Tonci87
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 116

Quote:

Does this mean that you can make large atlantic waves possible?
Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-14, 09:25 AM   #3160
shunter101
Swabbie

Downloads: 118

Hmm....larger waves are great, but will the AI be able to handle it. I remember seeing a destroyer sink due to large wave action with the current settings (can't remember if it was in SH4 or SH5). Making them too large (more realistic) may have unseen side effects - lost convoys, which I prefer to sink them myself.

SH
shunter101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-14, 09:43 AM   #3161
Tonci87
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 116

Don´t worry about the AI, you wouldn´t go hunting in really bad weather anyway .
Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-14, 03:47 PM   #3162
steineib
Watch

Downloads: 13

Sir TDW do you mean there this what is known as freak waves ? sounds very cool, and do this makes than demages on vessels and on the u-boot ?
steineib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-14, 05:40 AM   #3163
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Here are some fixes they did for SH3 , some would be good for SH5 if possible .

''Hardcode-Fixes Overview

This in only a very brief overview about the Hardcode Fixes. Details and installation instructions can be found in the Readme (see above!). Due to Stieblers cool OptionsSelector tool, most of the Fixes can individually switched ON/OFF. Even the 4GB-patch can be applied with his Selector.

4. Periscope-Fix
Periscopes nearly useless for higher speeds, since blur effect simulates periscopes vibrations. At higher speeds, periscopes are moved down automatically.

5. Hydrophone-Fix
Hydrophones useless when diesels are working. When snorkelling, you must stop diesels in order to use hydrophones. Otherwise you'll hear nothing. No sound contact reports when diesels are working.

6. External torpedo reload fix

• No reload of external torpedoes possible during bad weather.
  • Speed restriction to "slow" during external reload.
  • No diving possible during reload of external torpedoes.
7. Internal torpedo reload fix
No reload of internal torpedoes during storm and when surfaced. During storm one has to dive below 16m in order to reload internal torpedoes.

10. Fog warning
During high time compression (TC) it can happen that suddenly heavy fog occurs (or disappears), but the player doesn't even notice it and so he won't be able to act according to that new situation. This fix reduces TC>16 to TC=16 whenever fog occurs or disappears in order to warn the player. Additionally, the watch officer reports "fog sighted" resp. "fog disappearing".

11. Oxygen-Supply - by LGN1 (idea) and h.sie (programming)
So far, SH3 models a 100% renewable oxygen (O2) supply. That means: After a long period of diving, say 40 hours, it was sufficient to surface and after that the Uboat was able to dive for 40 hours again and again. With this fix, O2 is divided into two parts: A renewable part and a non-renewable part. The renewable part is the O2 in the air of the Uboat. This part is sufficient for a diving period of about 5-7 hours. During this time the LI informs you about the O2 content of the air, starting at the normal value 21% and slowly decreasing to the critical value of 17%. At 17%, the LI automatically starts to add O2 from the oxygen-supply (contained in pressure bottles). This botteled O2 supply is sufficient for a long diving period of about 30 - 100 hours (depending on Uboat type), but that O2-supply is non-renewable! That means: It is not filled up when surfacing. Only the O2 in the air is restored to the normal value of 21% when surfacing. From now on the Player has to act economically regarding O2 supply, what adds a new strategical component to the game.

13. BDU-Messages Mod

Instead of the monotonic 2-3 standard BDU responses to status reports, there are now 28 different messages the BDU will send, depending on your tonnage sunk, fuel supply, hull damage, remaining torpedoes.

19. Diesel Damages Fix
Risk of random diesel damages when agonizing diesels with flank speed.''
Old 04-18-14, 06:47 AM   #3164
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Those patches are so needed, but I must admit, it looks like a lot of work for one person...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-14, 03:38 PM   #3165
Chromius
Sailor man

Downloads: 151

Been away awhile. Is this .exe patch still not able to be used on the Steam version?

I was ordering a bunch of stuff from Amazon, and I was going to grab a DVD SH5 version if I needed it? Thanks for info.

Edit: Never mind, I see I should grab the DVD or DL non steam version and ditch my steam version, the mods did work ok with it that I was running.
Chromius is offline   Reply With Quote