SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-28-13, 02:17 PM   #2116
Serge65
A-ganger

Downloads: 59
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Current bugs/CTDs/errors/etc:

- sub AI doesn't fire cannons (looking for solution)
For the experiment, i changed controller from "cmdr_AISubmarine" to "cmdr_AIShip" in **.sim file AI sub, AI-sub was firing deck guns (AI88mmUDeckGun_High) but stopped moving and submerge. AA-guns do not shoot. I think the reason for non-working sensors and guns AI-Submarines in cmdr_AISubmarine controller. But I do not know how to fix it, need help TDW in theme "SH5.exe patches to fix bugs and add functionality".

Last edited by Serge65; 11-01-13 at 01:41 PM.
Serge65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-13, 04:53 AM   #2117
GaetVa
Watch

Downloads: 82
Default ship and sub AI react to a contact

Hello all,

Perhaps someone can help me as i din't found answer in the thread
(i read the last 50 pages of the thread, but didn't found my answer)

I did a single mission with a convoy (with 2 destroyers) for the allies and a scoot airplane, and 2 sub AI wolfpack and a surface combat force for the axis.

I have waypoints for all the group units.

my problem is :
The scoot airplane from axis detect the convoy. But nor the wolfpack and nor the surface combat force go to the convoys. The convoy is out of radar of the axis taskforces (both wolfpack and surface ship) but this forces are not too far away from the convoy.

I thought that any ships would react to ennemy forces even if detected
by another unit (in my case a scoot airplane).

Pehaps the fact that the wolfpack and surface ships have waypoints ?

But in my mission, i need they have waypoints...

If someone can help !
Thanks a lot !
GaetVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-13, 01:01 PM   #2118
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Welcome aboard GaetVastay in this thread ; a more technically proficient savant will assist. Have you modded for more proficient AI yet!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-13, 12:24 PM   #2119
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10
Default Are coastal batteries really working?

As the title says:

recently I have set a custom mission where a couple of 'small coastal guns' (which I had purposedly put in the British roster) are facing a number of Stuka bombers, result: guns and planes are ignoring each other, even though my crew keeps reporting the presence of "coastal defences", and guns' location is shown on the TAI map.

I digged into coastal gun's files, and everything looks okay. The sim file got _unit, cmdr_, wpn_Cannon and ob_Sensor controllers, and controller settings seem correct. I then had a look into the AI scripts folder, and I was surprised not to find any reference to land units.

Out of curiosity: has anyone ever seen coastal guns doing their job?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-13, 03:28 PM   #2120
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
my crew keeps reporting the presence of "coastal defences", and guns' location is shown on the TAI map.

has anyone ever seen coastal guns doing their job?
No, I haven't either. I had coastal defenses reported by crew in Scapa flow and using OH II v 2.2 or v2.1, but no gun activity.

I do remember that coastal defenses was reported by crew in SH4, and the AI guns were firing at me and even damaged sub; never in SH5 can I recall it happening correctly.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-13, 06:00 PM   #2121
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
No, I haven't either. I had coastal defenses reported by crew in Scapa flow and using OH II v 2.2 or v2.1, but no gun activity.

I do remember that coastal defenses was reported by crew in SH4, and the AI guns were firing at me and even damaged sub; never in SH5 can I recall it happening correctly.
Thank you for the precious information, Mike. It is probably time to have a look into SHIV, since you are reporting that its coastal guns worked as supposed. Unfortunately I know nothing about AI scripting. I only wish TDW was around
Old 12-19-13, 02:36 PM   #2122
Serge65
A-ganger

Quote:
Thank you for the precious information, Mike. It is probably time to have a look into SHIV, since you are reporting that its coastal guns worked as supposed. Unfortunately I know nothing about AI scripting. I only wish TDW was around
It's not in the AI scripts. In the decompiled files SHSim.act (SH4) and SHim.act (SH5) there is a difference in the controllers cmdr_AICostal Defense.
Old 12-19-13, 05:37 PM   #2123
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge65 View Post
It's not in the AI scripts. In the decompiled files SHSim.act (SH4) and SHim.act (SH5) there is a difference in the controllers cmdr_AICostal Defense.
Thank you very much Serge. Hope tha someone (you all know who I have in mind ), will fix this feature one day
Old 12-25-13, 03:46 PM   #2124
Serge65
A-ganger

If the tanker is stalking you, change: data\Scripts\AI\Ship-Waypoint

strategy WaypointsCNFW(Ship)
precond
{
!Ship:CanFollowWaypoint()
}
action
{
Ship:Goto(0.7,false); ----> Ship:Goto(0.7,true);
Ship:SetThrottle(0.7);
}
}

and everything will be fine!
Old 12-25-13, 04:51 PM   #2125
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
If the tanker is stalking you
Do you mean the bug where the supply ship that we have just refitted from starts following us, ramming our boat if we don't move away quickly enough?
Old 12-26-13, 02:30 AM   #2126
Serge65
A-ganger

Quote:
Do you mean the bug where the supply ship that we have just refitted from starts following us, ramming our boat if we don't move away quickly enough?
Yes. Tanker chased me up the coast of the United States. I stopped the game and began to search for an error.
Old 01-03-14, 03:01 PM   #2127
Raven_2012
Commander

Downloads: 129

I am using IRAI_0_0_39 and I enabled SubFlags_0_0_8_byTheDarkWraith. It wants to overwrite these files:
NSS_Uboat7a_AI.eqp
NSS_Uboat7a_U30.eqp
NSS_Uboat7b_AI.eqp
NSS_Uboat7b_U99.eqp
NSS_Uboat7c_AI.eqp
NSS_Uboat7c_U552.eqp
NSS_Uboat7c4_AI.eqp

What do these files do and would there be problems if the get overwritten?

I have IRAI_0_0_31 and I can run the SubFlag mod without it wanting to overwrite anything.
Raven_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-14, 09:48 AM   #2128
gap
Navy Seal

Up
(in case TDW gets time to look into this issue too during his short staying at home )

Seeing one day some land-to-sea, land-to-air and air-to-air action in SH5 would be so nice...

Quote:
recently I have set a custom mission where a couple of 'small coastal guns' (which I had purposedly put in the British roster) are facing a number of Stuka bombers, result: guns and planes are ignoring each other, even though my crew keeps reporting the presence of "coastal defences", and guns' location is shown on the TAI map.

I digged into coastal gun's files, and everything looks okay. The sim file got _unit, cmdr_, wpn_Cannon and ob_Sensor controllers, and controller settings seem correct. I then had a look into the AI scripts folder, and I was surprised not to find any reference to land units.

Out of curiosity: has anyone ever seen coastal guns doing their job?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post

Quote:
Old 01-25-14, 09:54 AM   #2129
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Up
(in case TDW gets time to look into this issue too during his short staying at home )

Seeing one day some land-to-sea, land-to-air and air-to-air action in SH5 would be so nice...
Land-to-sea and land-to-air: the controller for the land units is totally fubar. I can get them to track targets but they will not fire (or rotate their guns if they have them). I suspect it's because there are no .aix files for them. But the exe doesn't define any commands or an .aix file for them! Like I said totally fubar

Air-to-air: the exe forbids any air to air combat. It won't let air units track another air unit. This can be changed though
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-14, 10:43 AM   #2130
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Land-to-sea and land-to-air: the controller for the land units is totally fubar. I can get them to track targets but they will not fire (or rotate their guns if they have them). I suspect it's because there are no .aix files for them. But the exe doesn't define any commands or an .aix file for them! Like I said totally fubar
In SHIII & IV they were reportedly working. Any hope that they can be fixed one day? They are an important part of the game, especially since when the air raid ctd issue has misteritously been ironed out

Quote:
Air-to-air: the exe forbids any air to air combat. It won't let air units track another air unit. This can be changed though

I thought this was the hardest part, due to the dumbed-down aircaft AI

On a side note: is there any hope that we can make stationary air units not to crash on soil (they do, no matter their mass(max speed settings in sim and cfg files). That would allow blimp esorts for convoys and collisionable barrage balloons