SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-22-13, 04:52 AM   #1
in_vino_vomitus
XO

Downloads: 137
Uploads: 0

Reading through the documentation it says OM should be installed last, then the OMEGU readme says that OMEGU should be installed after OM - Plus it seems there's a lot of optional stuff in OMEGU that needs to be installed separately - anyway I'm in the process of reinstalling the whole package. If it works I'll post details here in case anyone else is having similar issues. I assume that although these mods are compatible with TMO etc. there's no problem adding them to a clean game?

Also any hints and tips would be greatly appreciated. I really, really really like this mod - I want to make it work......
1.5 Optical Targeting Correction 031312 for TMO 2.5
1.5 OTC Realistic Scopes for TMO
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbance_v2_0_SH4
Improved Stock environment v3_TMO&RFB
TMO_Alt_engine-sounds
TMO_Alternate_JS_Radar_performance
TMO17_19_different_smoke
in_vino_vomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-13, 12:01 PM   #2
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_vino_vomitus View Post
Reading through the documentation it says OM should be installed last, then the OMEGU readme says that OMEGU should be installed after OM
Yes, that's the right order: OM -> OM Update -> OM patch -> OMEGU -> OMEGU patch -> everything else

Quote:
- Plus it seems there's a lot of optional stuff in OMEGU that needs to be installed separately - anyway I'm in the process of reinstalling the whole package.
I have deactivated OMEGU by now and not a single crash ever since. The eye candy that comes with OMEGU is nice, but not worth the trouble it causes. YMMV.

Quote:
If it works I'll post details here in case anyone else is having similar issues. I assume that although these mods are compatible with TMO etc. there's no problem adding them to a clean game?
No problem at all. But it's a good idea to have separate installs of SH4 for different mega mods anyway. Use Multi SH4:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...=1110&act=down

Quote:
Also any hints and tips would be greatly appreciated. I really, really really like this mod - I want to make it work......
A saved file that fails to load can be rescued by transplanting a valid ActivePlayerUnit file into the saved games folder of the faulty save. You can even keep your crew with all special abilities by editing the APU (copy the old crew entries into the new file, use wordpad).

Maybe you fancy playing a Typ IX career start to finish (= end of war)? Cause each new conning tower (for Typ VII) has cause hick ups for me and I'd like to know if the conning tower upgrade for Typ IX brings about the same side effects.
skidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-13, 02:37 AM   #3
in_vino_vomitus
XO

Downloads: 137

You know I'm ashamed to say this, but I completely messed up the original install. OM and OMEGU come in packaged folders, which I completely failed to unpack into the mods folder. I did the RTFM thing and this became painfully obvious, so now I have the game properly installed. It has crashed a couple of times but so far the last saved position has loaded fine and I'm saving pretty frequently now. I've got multiple installs and I've started keeping each versions saved games in its own folder, which I rename before changing games. So far doing it this way has given me zero hassle. If I make it as far as a conning tower upgrade, I'll let you know how it goes
1.5 Optical Targeting Correction 031312 for TMO 2.5
1.5 OTC Realistic Scopes for TMO
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbance_v2_0_SH4
Improved Stock environment v3_TMO&RFB
TMO_Alt_engine-sounds
TMO_Alternate_JS_Radar_performance
TMO17_19_different_smoke
in_vino_vomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-14, 08:35 AM   #4
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Downloads: 165

Wouldn't a solution be to keep the same Turm for the whole game?

The changes to the dates at which conning towers appear can be made quite easily. For example, for type VIIC this would be in:

submarine/NSS_Uboat7c/NSS_Uboat7c.upcge

IDLinkUnitPartIntervalDefault1=NULL, 1941-06-15, Turm_VIIC_1
IDLinkUnitPartIntervalDefault2=1941-06-16, 1941-12-10, Turm_VIIC_2
IDLinkUnitPartIntervalDefault3=1941-12-11, NULL, Turm_VIIC_3

Here I set the dates so that VIIC boats either:
a) keep Turm 1 for the whole game
or
b) get Turm 3 at the earliest date (for type VIIC that's Feb/1941).
with option b) I think you also receive a radar warning receiver automaticallly, and this could be a gameplay breaker.

I also:

make corresponding changes in
UPCDataGE/UPCUnitsData/UnitParts6VIIC.upc
but I don't think it's necessary.

and delete my MyFiles/SH4 directory, so that the game must create a new one. The reason I think this may be necessary is because the game creates copies of the relevant files, so there may be conflicts with copies made before the changes.

Could this solve the problem? Everything works without problem, but I have never played more than 2,3 patrols.

GlobalExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-14, 06:36 AM   #5
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

I have made a simple version of this mod for myself, an attempt to circumvent the bug by making Turm 1 permanent.
The longer I play the more I find the choice of turrets purely cosmetic (in the end you'll dive anyway before airplanes), being able to finish my campaign is much more important, and turret 1 is ok.

It makes small changes to UnitIntervals in NSS_Uboat7c.upcge and UnitParts6VIIC.upc, so Turm 1 will be used for the whole war on all VIIC units.

You can help me test, or use it as a blueprint to make similar changes to other boats and turret combos (I will post two screenshots below which show how you can change unit intervals).

http://www.global-explorer.de/201403...20permanent.7z

JSGME ready. Only install on a working installation of lurkers excellent Operation Monsun mod, otherwise it makes no sense and may break your game.

Last edited by GlobalExplorer; 03-31-14 at 07:15 AM.
Old 03-31-14, 06:37 AM   #6
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Old 03-31-14, 08:25 AM   #7
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Does somebody have a theory why radar would not work on turm 1?