SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-19-11, 04:43 PM   #136
caesura
Swabbie

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwolf View Post
Did you make sure that the unitparts.upc files are in numerical order? If that doesn't fix it just wait a little longer I'm almost finished with the conning tower interior and then I'll release an update.
I'm sorry to be a bit dense, but I don't know where I should be looking for the numerical uniparts.upc files. I only found one and it was all alone. I also tried the latest version and it still crashes.

I also can't get your titan superfortress to work either... Kinda sad that I can't figure these out. My Ohio and Typhoon mods load and unload perfectly fine.
caesura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-12, 01:37 PM   #137
caesura
Swabbie

Downloads: 4

I did manage to get version 2 and version 3 installed and working on war patrols and quick missions. V3 the flag stays out when at periscope depth, and both versions have problems with the camera views. Only free camera works for some reason.

I would love to have this boat as a career playable sub. It is so pretty, and with the deck and AA guns it brings back the fun of surface fighting that we lose with all the other modern subs.

Thanks so much for all the work on this, if there is ever an update please let me know.
caesura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-12, 05:58 AM   #138
USS Dallas
Seaman

Downloads: 90

Hey how can i add the interior to the ohio ssbn mod ??? then i have a real boomer feeling
USS Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-12, 06:09 PM   #139
A Hidden Soul
Soundman

Downloads: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Dallas View Post
Hey how can i add the interior to the ohio ssbn mod ??? then i have a real boomer feeling
Agreed!
A Hidden Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-12, 06:07 AM   #140
USS Dallas
Seaman

I found a way you must go to the data floder in sh4, then to interior now copy the folders of any US submarine to desktop (copy again for backup) then rename the interior files from the interceptor sub like NSS_Gato etc then put them in the data interior NSS_Gato folder (and any other US Sub but rename) now you must go to the tex folder in sh4 data and copy all files from the tex folder from interceptor sub to the sh4 data tex folder. NOW you have by any american sub the interior of the interceptor sub works with ohio ssbn, cwss, 688i.

So this is all have fun, and good hunting

p.s. can anyone made a LA class FLt 1 like the USS Dallas from Red october
Old 10-01-12, 05:44 PM   #141
yubba
Admiral

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Dallas View Post
I found a way you must go to the data floder in sh4, then to interior now copy the folders of any US submarine to desktop (copy again for backup) then rename the interior files from the interceptor sub like NSS_Gato etc then put them in the data interior NSS_Gato folder (and any other US Sub but rename) now you must go to the tex folder in sh4 data and copy all files from the tex folder from interceptor sub to the sh4 data tex folder. NOW you have by any american sub the interior of the interceptor sub works with ohio ssbn, cwss, 688i.

So this is all have fun, and good hunting

p.s. can anyone made a LA class FLt 1 like the USS Dallas from Red october
goes like this in 1.4 688 ,, interceptor,,, le terrible with the above interior folder and it works and looks great good job guys...to bad I can't get seawolf to work..I chose le terrible because of it's tomahawk load..
yubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-12, 09:07 AM   #142
USS Dallas
Seaman

I'm glad that I could help

Last edited by USS Dallas; 12-21-12 at 01:59 PM.
Old 12-25-12, 01:36 PM   #143
joshuaj
Swabbie

Downloads: 82

It's easier to just edit the model cfg file and replace
Interior=data/Interior/NSS_Interceptor/NSS_Interceptor
joshuaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-13, 03:37 PM   #144
LightFeather
Nub

Downloads: 47
So how goes the progress on this mod? I really like the work being put into it. Hopefully we get another update soon.
LightFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-16, 12:16 PM   #145
qiaoyech
Watch

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

I've updated the mod to work with the most recent versions of TMO and RFB, included campaign support, fixed compartment and model issues, and more.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5026

Cheers!
qiaoyech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 01:59 PM   #146
Travis Reed
Planesman

Downloads: 104

Such a shame that Silverwolf is no longer active around here. I hope he's doing well, wherever he is.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qiaoyech View Post
I've updated the mod to work with the most recent versions of TMO and RFB, included campaign support, fixed compartment and model issues, and more.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5026

Cheers!
After reading the description there, I would like to point out that Silverwolf was using the H2O2 mechanism from UBM to simulate a nuclear reactor or some other powerplant that was not noisy. Perhaps it was supposed to be something like the Caterpillar Drive from The Hunt For Red October...so long ago, and I don't feel like digging through this thread. I did help him test the Shark and the Interceptor back when he was still active.

Last edited by Travis Reed; 08-15-16 at 02:37 PM.
Travis Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 04:57 PM   #147
qiaoyech
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Reed View Post
Such a shame that Silverwolf is no longer active around here. I hope he's doing well, wherever he is.

Edit:

After reading the description there, I would like to point out that Silverwolf was using the H2O2 mechanism from UBM to simulate a nuclear reactor or some other powerplant that was not noisy. Perhaps it was supposed to be something like the Caterpillar Drive from The Hunt For Red October...so long ago, and I don't feel like digging through this thread. I did help him test the Shark and the Interceptor back when he was still active.
I am aware of this. However the engine won't allow us to simulate it. Even though we can get a low RPM, the sonars and acoustic toropedos can still track the boat at flank speed. I think it was never meant to be that flank speed of H2O2 process is less noisy than battery.
Old 08-15-16, 08:01 PM   #148
Travis Reed
Planesman

I also note the same battery recharge issue as I've noted before, long ago... Even TMO's Battery Recharge Fix crewman isn't able to give a decent recharge rate. Probably an engine limitation. I suspect that recharge time is tied (with some hardcoded formula) to whatever sets the range when using batteries.
Old 08-15-16, 08:11 PM   #149
qiaoyech
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Reed View Post
I also note the same battery recharge issue as I've noted before, long ago... Even TMO's Battery Recharge Fix crewman isn't able to give a decent recharge rate. Probably an engine limitation. I suspect that recharge time is tied (with some hardcoded formula) to whatever sets the range when using batteries.
I already fixed it in the next update. Hopefully I can also add a clickable depth meter this weekend as well.

Edit: wow 3D modding in this game is hard! I got the dial to work in reverse. I probably need to rotate my control by flipping it on y axis, then back in z axis...

Last edited by qiaoyech; 08-15-16 at 09:37 PM.
Old 08-15-16, 08:52 PM   #150
Travis Reed
Planesman

I noted that several keybindings were different to what TMO sets them as. Wonder if that's due to OTC, or the updated Interceptor.

As to fixing the battery issue, I suspect you just created another Ability to 'correct' the issue. From what I can see, you've got one crewman with an Ability that basically keeps the fuel from dropping, and another that effectively allows visual contact with ships even submerged. While this method works, it does reduce the number of crew slots I can use for TMO Abilities, though, I probably won't need the TMO Battery Fix guy anymore... Early War any Mk 16s you use get replaced with Mk 14s. I'm fine with it, but I thought I'd point it out, the hydrophones don't seem to work, and the TMO range/bearing rings on the map/attack map are not present on the Interceptor.