SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-13-12, 11:41 PM   #76
Nbjackso
Navy Dude

Downloads: 448
Uploads: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger View Post
Nice update, thank you. But should I start new game with it or can continue already running career? I'm asking cause Id noticed this:

The same thing is hapenning with other islands around Line Is.

Now, I didnt look that closely on nav map until now (to check what did you change, added), so I don't know if it was like that without your mod. Also, there arent any problems like that in the other parts of the map, just Line Islands, as far as I know.

I am running TMO25+RSRD.
Yes, I'm aware of this problem, but there is nothing I can do about it. Here is a shot of the same area with no mods loaded, (vanilla).

I don't consider it a big deal. To my knowledge, there were no significant events in this area during the war, (WWII), and I have never gotten the urge to sail there either.

Just get me within 1000 yards,
and I'll d
o the rest
Nbjackso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-12, 12:23 AM   #77
Nbjackso
Navy Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylander_1314 View Post
Any chance of restoring the docks to Midway by chance? The docks in TMO.
The Docks and runways you are refering to are not modified in TMO. They are part of the original vanilla version of the game. Lurker modified the island in RSRDC. My guess is because in the original version the island was "Overdeveloped", with too many buildings, and the port is definitely too big. Midway was not much more than an outpost, with barley enough supplies and equipment to get the job done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger View Post
So, can you check if its the same in your game? Look at Christmas Island.

About Midway - I was asking similar thing in RSRD thread. But now, after looking at this mod (NavMap Makeover) I think it can be easier than I though, because after installing Nbjacksos mod Ive got Pearl sub base from TMO back in RSRD, so I think it can be done by editing LOC file in editor, choose "location editing mode" (or something like that, can't remember its precise name), select Midway, edit it. There was such option to select the location mode between 2D/3D, but I wasnt brave enough to save the file and check whether it works or not, cause its a little bit confusing to me - select location map dds file and thats it?? All the location will be there in 3D?
But we will never know unless we try it, I guess

OK, got a closer look, know how to edit a location: just do above, and in location properties window point it to right dat and dds files; there should be 2 for Midway: one for environment (trees and so on), one for infrastructure (ports, airfields...).; so, edit it, place it in right spot on the map (if needed) and... and here come another problem :P How to save it??? It wants to validate it (like normal mission) but finds some errors like ships without waypoints or too close to each other. Maybe I should choose other saving option, like save as map notes layer or something like that?
I could manually edit that file with notepad++, but I cant change location placement that way
stranger - you are definitely on the right track. The two files your referring to are; Midway_ground.dat and Midway_water.dat. I also played around with it for awhile, but I was not satisfied with the results. I think in order to do this the right way, you need to know how to modify the DAT files, which I don't know how.

IF I could have my wish, I would like to see the airstrips on both islands, (historically accurate), but have the port scaled WAY back, or removed altogether.

In my opinion, I don't mind the "stripped down" version, because when I start a patrol from Midway, I start "outside the harbor", and don't really care about what is on the island.

However, I do appreciate everyone's input regarding my mod. Thanks.

and I'll d
o the rest
Old 05-14-12, 04:00 AM   #78
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Downloads: 139
Uploads: 0

Ah, okay! Thanks! Much appreciated. Looks great too!

---------------------

Hylander_1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-12, 06:30 AM   #79
stanger
Engineer

Downloads: 84

Those dat files can be opened in S3D, but to edit it the way you want (and its a good idea to leave airfield only) - it must be exported and edited in some 3D software, or maybe it can be done within S3D (like removing only unwanted parts...). Either way - I dont know much about 3D modeling.
stanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-12, 10:05 PM   #80
Nbjackso
Navy Dude

I may take another look at adding the stock Midway, (airstrip & port) and uploading as a patch for NMMO.

and I'll d
o the rest
Old 05-15-12, 04:28 AM   #81
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbjackso View Post
I may take another look at adding the stock Midway, (airstrip & port) and uploading as a patch for NMMO.
You may want to take a look at how RFB has Midway set up, as Sailor Steve mentioned in another thread, that they had Midway set up to look like it did during the war, and maybe adapt that version.

Just an idea maybe?

---------------------

Old 06-04-12, 02:06 AM   #82
Nbjackso
Navy Dude

Default [WIP] NMMO v2.1 Patch

I'm planning on releasing a patch for NMMO v2.1 in the next couple of days. It will fix a couple of minor issues, and also have a few enhancements. (Yes, I added the airstrips back on to Midway island) So I'm putting it out there, If there is anything you would like to see added, removed, or changed. Post it here, and I will consider it. This will probably be the last time I update this mod, (unless someone finds something drastically wrong). So don't say I didn't warn you.

and I'll d
o the rest
Old 06-04-12, 04:19 AM   #83
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Thanks for the update comin' out!

I was hopin' you'ld keep the upgates from tme to time adding in more names to those little obscure islands, like you have been doing. Really nice to know exactly where everything is, without having to alt+tab out of the game and fire up the browser to do a little geography searchin' to find something. Really kills immersion.

Oh, any chance of maybe getting a basic outline or dotted line as to locations of minefields? They don't have to be 100% accurate, just a marker so you know, if you cross this line, you are really chancing it.

---------------------

Old 06-10-12, 11:32 PM   #84
fithah4
Torpedoman

Downloads: 105

To interject with Hylander that would be good added info on your map! Was also thinking about the sub netting around the islands would not have to be perfect but an approximate setting would be helpful in finding spots to slip in and do covert ops!!!
Love your work on the map and definitely the much needed changes to the terrain from the old stock!!!
Thank-you
fithah4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-12, 11:31 PM   #85
doctarr
Swabbie

Downloads: 125

Very nice work, thank you Nbjackso
doctarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 02:31 PM   #86
Nbjackso
Navy Dude

Default Uploaded Patch 1 for NMMO v2.1

This patch fixes a few things, and adds a few things to the Nav Map Make-Over v2.1 mod. Additional information in the mod's READ ME file.

Go to first post for download link

and I'll d
o the rest
Old 07-07-12, 05:10 PM   #87
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

How did you upload this? I'm asking because it still won't let me upload.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 08:42 PM   #88
Nbjackso
Navy Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred8615 View Post
How did you upload this? I'm asking because it still won't let me upload.
Did you read the READ ME FIRST file? You have to pick one of the two mods, based on weather you use the airbase add-on or not.

The zipped folder contains 2 sub folders (“NMMO v2.1 Patch 1 with AB” and “NMMO v2.1 Patch 1 no AB”).
Enable only one of the patches using JSGME based on the instructions below.

If you use the optional NMMO Airbase Add-on mod:

Nav Map Make-Over v2.1
NMMO Airbase Add-on
NMMO v2.1 Patch 1 with AB

If you DO NOT use the optional NMMO Airbase Add-on:

Nav Map Make-Over v2.1
NMMO v2.1 Patch 1 no AB

and I'll d
o the rest
Old 07-07-12, 08:54 PM   #89
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3228

The mod with the new patch works fine in my TMO 25 plus RSRDC installation. Great stuff...

Many thanks Nbjackso, a great job!!!!

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12, 09:56 PM   #90
Nbjackso
Navy Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
The mod with the new patch works fine in my TMO 25 plus RSRDC installation. Great stuff...

Many thanks Nbjackso, a great job!!!!

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo
Thanks for the positive feedback. When I think about all the hours I put into this, and all the frustrations I go through to get it all to work right, It's all worth it when someone posts those stupid little smiley faces regarding my mods.

and I'll d
o the rest