SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-11, 05:49 AM   #661
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
If you ask me , it looks like OPEN HORIZONS II has to be enabled after NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_ByTheDarkWraith because it overwrites
Silent Hunter 5\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\sea folder . It confirms that when i open the mission editor . Ok i see where you tell me that on the first post , maybe highlight it in yellow for noobs like me .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew U-582 View Post
I think ive got my Mods all sorted , ive provided a list if anyone
would care to comment. The campain seems to be working ok
but im concerned about instalation order or any Duplication.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]
Accurate German Flags
Capthelms SH5 Audio Mod
Loading Screens Mod
Radio Mods
No Logo Intro Menu_Animation v. 01.00 by AvM
Shadow Improvement ModLR
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt w beards
MCCD_1.04_MFCM_1.2.1_compatible
Speech fixes and additions (english version)
FX_Update_0_0_16_2_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_ByTheDarkWraith
Emtgufs Aspect ratio 16_9
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_alt_officer_wounded_by_Torpedo
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_AltAdvSpeedGraphics_by_naights
NewUIs_TDC_6_6_0_U-Jagd_Chrono
OPEN HORIZONS II
IRAI_0_0_30_ByTheDarkWraith
U-boat Historical Specifications 1.7 for TDW Mods
FX_Update_0_0_16_2_UHS_Fix
AntiLag
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbance_v4_0_SH3
Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v2.4
Trevally Automated Scripts v0.6
Patrol Routine Scripts v. 01.02 by AvM Updated bt stu
Krauters Automated Scripts (v5_0_0 compatible)
Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (normal ) V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 Waves (normal version) V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 Atlantic Floor V2.1
Dynamic Environmental SH5 Realistic Colors V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 BrighterNights V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 Undersea (temperate and polar) V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 Sounds V2.1
Dynamic Environmental SH5 Shallow Waters V2.1
Dynamic Environment SH5 Shallow Waters V2.1 Patch
IO_StrategicMap_4_4_for_TDWv660&MO
IO_MapCourseLine_sharp pencil_mod
German U-Boat Internal Routine SFX
No Damn Bubbles, No Damn Halo Mod
NDB,NDH OM#1 - No Dialog Indicator
U-Boat Ballast Tanks SFX
SOAN - ship data
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_1_2_byTheBeast
sobers realistic hydrophone operator SH5
SubFlags_0_0_6_byTheDarkWraith
TDW User Options
Stus_No_Doppler_Effect

Thanks
Hi Folks !

Many User are unsure about the correct Install-Order, me too !

Some User post, that we must UI 6.6.0 enable before OH II, other post that is correct after OH II....and so on ! The same with the other MODs from TDW !

I note, many Users are confused about the correct Install-Order !

Please, can a Open Horizon II Dev. Team Member (Zedi, Trevally...) post the correct install Order for OH II in regarding to the MODs from TDW !

That would be great, thanks in forward !

Best regards,
Magic
Old 07-11-11, 06:04 AM   #662
Kumando
Commodore

Downloads: 283

Well im testing it and im in for a big surprise minefield spotted on north sea awesome to bad they report ship sighted but anyways you guys need to add color to merchant ships ASAP, this is a big hit in the immersion factor . But i congratulate you for this mod.
Old 07-11-11, 06:20 AM   #663
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Put open horizons II after TDW mods .
Old 07-11-11, 06:34 AM   #664
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Put open horizons II after TDW mods .
Thanks for reply !

You mean also, OH II enable after ALL MODs from TDW ?

After IRAI, FX_Update, UI 6.6.0,TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbance_v4_0_SH3. ...? Correct ?

Best regards,
Magic
Old 07-11-11, 07:23 AM   #665
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Yup , put after all the TDW mods
Old 07-11-11, 07:52 AM   #666
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

The compatibility with TDW mods was a problems for us too. For some reasons he never answered to our question about the zones.cfg file and if is compatible with the latest versions of his mods. I assume it is because that file is moded by TDW. The rest is compatible, but I advice to install this campaign mod last.

For no reason the names.cfg should be altered because that file is handling the traffic. All ships under 5K tonnage are type 107, coastal vessels. The larger ships are diverted to the convoy traffic. So if the ship types in names.cfg is altered, the campaign will not work.

As I said few times, personally had no time to play this campaign. Tried to play it today and I found a bug that actually can be a feature. When TDW worked on the mines he set up a large minefield right at the entrance of the Kiel harbor. Somehow I missed this change, so there it is... 500 mines in front of Kiel.

My first reaction was to release a patch that will remove this minefield, but then I decided not to... at least not now. Im curious about reports from players who will encounter this minefiled and how much fps they loose when getting close. I had no fps loss at all, but was a real challenge to get through.
Old 07-11-11, 07:54 AM   #667
Kumando
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedi View Post
The compatibility with TDW mods was a problems for us too. For some reasons he never answered to our question about the zones.cfg file and if is compatible with the latest versions of his mods. I assume it is because that file is moded by TDW. The rest is compatible, but I advice to install this campaign mod last.

For no reason the names.cfg should be altered because that file is handling the traffic. All ships under 5K tonnage are type 107, coastal vessels. The larger ships are diverted to the convoy traffic. So if the ship types in names.cfg is altered, the campaign will not work.

As I said few times, personally had no time to play this campaign. Tried to play it today and I found a bug that actually can be a feature. When TDW worked on the mines he set up a large minefield right at the entrance of the Kiel harbor. Somehow I missed this change, so there it is... 500 mines in front of Kiel.

My first reaction was to release a patch that will remove this minefield, but then I decided not to... at least not now. Im curious about reports from players who will encounter this minefiled and how much fps they loose when getting close. I had no fps loss at all, but was a real challenge to get through.
I found that minefiled no FPS drp here, Zedi what i think you should adress with priority are the ship skins, its really breaking the immersion to see that grey ships.
Old 07-11-11, 08:19 AM   #668
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Yup , put after all the TDW mods
Thanks sober !

Best regards,
Magic
Old 07-11-11, 09:04 AM   #669
U2222
Sparky

Downloads: 43

Is it planned to eventually incorporate Hew Horizons and Magnus Optimus into one mod install (supermod) or will they always be two seperate mods that can be loaded together?

A Big Thank You To All The Modders Who Make
Sub Simming Such A Deep Experience
Old 07-11-11, 09:40 AM   #670
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

Quote:

I have a pretty decent computer but I still find the new Kiel area too heavy for it, so I would be more than happy if the mine quantity would be reduced. The mines seem to be now appering in the sonar, so it was a little weird to see massive amount of lines when playing with map contacts on. But I can live with that!
Old 07-11-11, 09:45 AM   #671
Zedi
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumando View Post
I found that minefiled no FPS drp here, Zedi what i think you should adress with priority are the ship skins, its really breaking the immersion to see that grey ships.
Regarding the skins, go ahead and make a skin pack. The main plan was to make all ships look like the stock ones, so then anybody can create a skin pack mod for the community, same as with the uboats skins. But when creating skins do not forget that these ships are sailing in war time, no fancy circus colors are recommended and actually most of the ships were gray to make them less visible on water. Even Queen Marry was painted in gray for the same reasons. Better safe than looking good.
Old 07-11-11, 09:57 AM   #672
Zedi
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongel View Post
I have a pretty decent computer but I still find the new Kiel area too heavy for it, so I would be more than happy if the mine quantity would be reduced. The mines seem to be now appering in the sonar, so it was a little weird to see massive amount of lines when playing with map contacts on. But I can live with that!
I play the game only with 2 gigs of memo and the fps is still decent, I cant figure out how come you have such a fps loss with your system. The size of the minefield is reduced, but I missed the one placed by TDW for testing purposes in front of Kiel. This is on the fix list already. Now the minefields have around 100-200 mines. I plan to add a mine map later.
Old 07-11-11, 10:54 AM   #673
Kumando
Commodore

Quote:
Regarding the skins, go ahead and make a skin pack. The main plan was to make all ships look like the stock ones, so then anybody can create a skin pack mod for the community, same as with the uboats skins. But when creating skins do not forget that these ships are sailing in war time, no fancy circus colors are recommended and actually most of the ships were gray to make them less visible on water. Even Queen Marry was painted in gray for the same reasons. Better safe than looking good.
Sorry Zedi didnt mean to offend or criticise your mod, on the contrary i love it, i just tought that ships used to have other colors, if gray were the historical accurate ones i guess im ok then
Old 07-11-11, 11:38 AM   #674
U2222
Sparky

Downloads: 43

Your average WW2 mercant livery.
With the exception of the early weeks of war and some neutral shipping this was pretty much the norm for the duration

A Big Thank You To All The Modders Who Make
Sub Simming Such A Deep Experience
Old 07-11-11, 12:24 PM   #675
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

As many people are looking at mod order, see below for conflicts with TDWs mods.

OH II v IRAI
Floders are shared - NO conflicts

OH II v Water Disturbance
Folders are shared - NO conflicts

OH II v FX
Folders are shared with the following conflicts:-
Flag.dat - Note: TDW helped with this and Im sure they are the same - NO conflict
Zone.cfg - Note: they are both the same - NO conflict
Sh.sdl - This is a conflict - install OH II after as it has TDWs Sh.sdl within

OH II v TDW UI
Folders shared with the following conflicts:-
Name.cfg - Note: they are the same - NO conflict
NSS_Uboat2a - Note: im not sure with this one. I would use TDWs version.

So we can see from this that the correct mod order should be:-

TDW FX
OH II
TDW IRAI
TDW Water
TDW UI

The important one is that the FX mod is before OH II

Where there is 2 files the same and I have said "NO conflict" this means they are the same file (merged)

If anyone can see any conflicts I have not noticed - please post